It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Party presidential hopeful arrested in pipeline protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein was arrested in Texas on Wednesday for criminal trespass when she tried to bring food and other supplies to protesters opposed to the Keystone XL pipeline, a local official said.

Source

Now this I can admire ... I am going to have to look more into this Green party. Just on principle she gets points for getting out there and DOING what she believes in.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I am a little confused here. How could she be arrested for criminal trespassing if the protesters were not?

If she was going to give food and water to the protesters and was arrested, you think the protesters themselves should have been in the same area that warrants an arrest?

In any case, good on her, seems she was only trying to help these people who where probably tired and hungry, didn't even mention her participation in the protest. Just sad.

Edit: Also, thanks OP for bringing this to our attention, S+F

edit on 1-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Good question but I have no idea the details of the arrest.

However ...

Daryl Hannah and landowner Eleanor Fairchild were standing in front of heavy equipment in an attempt to halt construction of the Keystone XL pipeline on Fairchild's farm in Winnsboro, a town about 100 miles east of Dallas. They were arrested for criminal trespassing and taken to the Wood County Jail, Bassis said.

Source

Probably went down something like that as she was willing to be arrested "in order to show solidarity with this blockade."
edit on 1-11-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Interesting. Now she's been arrested twice this year. Since I haven't followed her prior to a few months ago I can't comment on anything earlier.

Her previous arrest was for trying to get in to the Presidential debates.

top topics

join