It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like the way the site is managed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Dear ATS,

I have said things in the past that I have regretted. I have. I have had too much wine and too much attitude; but, I respect the fact that I am allowed to speak here. Lots of people dislike me for my beliefs; but, many defend my right to speak them and I appreciate that. There are people who dislike me for my religious beliefs that still respect when I post on non-spiritual things (and I appreciate that).

Recently, I was on a completely non-spiritual thread. I disagreed with someone, they were playing games. I asked them to clarify their position, the thread was eventually deleted, the whole thing. Not my thread and not my issue. Hey Mods, don't give any applause, not kissing up, I say what I think and I think I will stick to that. I so much want to know what this person said about me that got them removed. I want to make sure that it was really bad rather than just offensive, I can take offensive, I have been called many things and am an old man. LOL.

I would not come here if I thought it was shear madness. My lead pastor will not come here because he thinks the Christians here are dumber than the Atheists here. I certainly have Christian friends here and appreciate their words. He has less patience with silliness than I do. I actually come to learn from the Atheists and gnostics. Heck, on one of my first posts I was told the world would better off if every Christian died and I didn't complain.

Here is my comment to ATS. Thank you for giving us a place where we can speak our minds and have others hear it. You are much more generous than I am on my blog. Thank you for dedicating your time, that is to the Mods. I know it is a lot of work. Thank you for working together and not letting anyone person control every word. Thanks. And I still want to know what that person could have said that was so obscene that they their account ended or at least it appears that way. Peace. It is Halloween, crazy happens.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I want to make sure that it was really bad rather than just offensive, I can take offensive, I have been called many things and am an old man.

Unfortunately, or not, we don't discuss other members or the content of posts removed. The thread could have been removed for any number of reasons and it's highly unlikely that a personal attack would be one of them. In that sense, you can rest easily.

On the other points, yeah, ATS is different strokes for different folks. We could spend all our time being religious or atheist in Creation threads and take away an opinion that the place is hostile and ill-mannered. The US Politics threads could lead us to believe that half of all Americans completely trust in the promises of the GOP or Dems.

Or...we avoid the extremists and just enjoy the company of the smart people who post on here. As a wet-behind-the-ears new mod, it's made easier by the good work of other members. They alert the hinky posts, point out the banned and come here as adults. We need mods, but If we're very honest, nobody comes here for the mods; it's for the members!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I come here for the mods.

new topics

join