It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ball of fire 'super big and bright,' possible meteor, seen falling out of sky over Seattle area

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

SEATTLE — A ball of fire, a possible meteor, was seen falling out of the sky over the Seattle area Wednesday night, authorities said. Residents north of Seattle, off Interstate 5's Exit 212 near Arlington, saw something coming apart in the sky, police and the Washington State Patrol said. No planes were reported missing, and nothing was found by police. "We are clearing the scene and assuming it is a meteor, unless we hear otherwise," the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said in a tweet.

www.q13fox.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Meteor spotted falling from sky across Western Washington

Halloween proved to be an interesting night for law enforcement in at least four Western Washington counties after reports of a meteor falling to Earth. The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said deputies investigated a possible meteor falling somewhere near I-5 and Exit 212. That's between Stanwood and Arlington. K9 Officers also responded, but nothing was found. Deputies cleared the scene, saying "assuming it is a meteor, unless we hear otherwise." Bill Gillam from Arlington said on Twitter, "Sounds like a meteor, space junk or aliens entered Washington airspace somewhere in Skagit County." He went on to say, "Last report was Hamilton in Skagit County." An Arlington police officer confirmed seeing something fall from the sky. Viewers also emailed KING 5 from Gig Harbor and Burien saying they too saw a meteor.

www.king5.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'm going to assume that this many occurrences is not normal. Can anyone please try to explain why so many meteors would be seen falling from the sky all over the country? I know that one in Arizona was caused by a meteor storm is what they said. (correction) It in fact was not the meteor storm they said this was a separate occurrence on fox and was confirmed by NASA.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Radec because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Radec

Give thanks that it was a satellite, in advance of knowing. They'll never admit they 'fail', or do any unkind thing.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Radec

Well pointed, so many of this occurrences in the last months, and don`t say that`s because we can communicate better nowadays.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I live about 10 miles north of where they think it went down. Didn't see or hear anything, but ofcourse it is pouring rain outside.

I will update if I hear anything...I would go looking, but since K-9 failed to find it, I doubt I would do better!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Jordy Verril dont touch it you lunkhead!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Radec

Make that all over the world if folks think back. England and Scotland have been seeing a bit of a light show with objects going over them for awhile now too. Quite a lot of that happening and for quite awhile now it seems.

I hope there isn't something bigger behind the junk.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

At least it would be a nice way to die, a giant meteor approaching the earth would be a beautiful view lol

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yeah it's pretty nasty out. Why don't I know where Arlington is? I hear about it. I've been there. I always think it's South though. I'm in Bellevue and don't think I would be able to see a meteor unless it was about five feet off the ground right now. Just took pup for a walk and he is a muddy buddy. Also thinks it's a great time to show me he knows how to shake.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
i seen these in melbourne australia in april this year with no answer what they were until about 3 weeks ago.
its space junk being shot/draged whatever back into the atmosphere to burn up, apparently its very very messy up there that would explain damage to nasas shuttles and why they are not going back for a decade.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

Good find Hydrawolf.

Could be the Orionids meteor showers predicted to finish up in a few days or it might be the Taurid meteors or "Halloween Fireballs" also predicted to occur in November.

Either way you folks in the US are certainly getting some serious light shows in the skies overhead.

Couple of links here regarding same as well as the Louisiana event in a post I made yesterday in a thread about a similar event over Alabama

S&F

edit on 1-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hey, I have been seeing a lot of threads about meteors recently. So my question is: How common are meteor's falling into the atmosphere to a point where they can be witnessed?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
Hey, I have been seeing a lot of threads about meteors recently. So my question is: How common are meteor's falling into the atmosphere to a point where they can be witnessed?

The Earth normally gets bombarded by thousands every day, most are very small objects that never make it through the atmosphere.

However, I have to admit that it seems like we've had a lot more highly visible ones this past year than I remember.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
whats up with all the meteors falling to earth? i know the earths colliding with small stuff every day but having this many meteors being spotted in a relatively short time seems strange

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

this is more than coincidence in my opinion now
this is becoming a common theme lately

also what scene are they clearing?

"We are clearing the scene and assuming it is a meteor, unless we hear otherwise," the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said in a tweet.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

this is more than coincidence in my opinion now
this is becoming a common theme lately

also what scene are they clearing?

"We are clearing the scene and assuming it is a meteor, unless we hear otherwise," the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said in a tweet.

I was thinking the same thing.
How much debris would need to be cleared from a meteor?

The County Sheriff should have said "We are clearing the scene and want you to assume it is a meteor, unless you're told otherwise".

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

"Sounds like a meteor, space junk or aliens entered Washington airspace somewhere in Skagit County." He went on to say, "Last report was Hamilton in Skagit County."

Well Hamilton is nearly walking distance for me, so maybe I'll go looking around today for the Aliens or meteorites. A town of only 300 the Aliens would have taken over by now. I'll let you know if we need help later.

Btw. Arlington is where the Navy's vlf radio station is located. Jim Creek

www.navy-radio.com...

edit on 11/1/12 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This adds to my suspicion that these occurances are unusual. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Many uninformed people keep saying it is the Orionids or the Taurids etc. These happen every year and only this year have so many meteors been witnessed across the northern hemisphere so it is extremely unlikely. I wouldn't like to speculate but it certainly makes me wonder what is lurking out there in the darkness.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It was probably just space junk falling out of the sky. All that trash we put up there is going to come down during a solar storm someday. Hopefully it doesn't hit my home, and hopefully a reactor aboard it doesn't give off radiation if it's in the near area. I check occasionally for radiation outside, it is natural around here in areas.

On the other side, if a small reactor fell out of the sky, I could hook up my home to it and say goodbye to the light bills
.....I don't think so....my luck it would have a meltdown...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join