It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child sex convict Sandusky sent to Pennsylvania maximum security prison

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Child sex convict Sandusky sent to Pennsylvania maximum security prison

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Former Penn State assistant football coach and convicted child sexual predator Jerry Sandusky will spend the rest of his days in a maximum security prison in the southwest corner of Pennsylvania, the state corrections system decided on Wednesday.

Sandusky, 68, who was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison this month for sexually abusing 10 boys over a 15-year period, was transferred to the State Correctional Institution at Greene County, near Pittsburgh, where he was put in protective custody.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well looks like Sandusky will spend the rest of his days in protective custody. It will be unlikely that he will be murdered in prison as he will NEVER be near other prisoners. He will be hated amongst the corrections officers as well and will be treated like the pig that he is. I bet he commits suicide, and does not wait for his appeal.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Also related:

Spanier facing charges in PSU abuse case
Perjury, obstruction announcement due

State Attorney General Linda Kelly is expected to announce today that former Penn State University President Graham Spanier has been charged in relation to the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal, according to sources close to the investigation.
The sources, who requested anonymity, said Mr. Spanier is charged with perjury and obstruction of justice.
The longtime Penn State president was forced to resign in the wake of charges being filed against Sandusky a year ago and has been long identified as a target in an investigation of a possible coverup by university administrators.

Read more: www.post-gazette.com...

Read more: www.post-gazette.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Good....

I have no feelings for scum bags like him.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
It does not matter if he is not near other inmates.

There is always a way in prison.

Prison politics will decide. Even if it takes a while.

What if one of the guards has a son that played football at Penn state?....hmmmm

There is always a way.

I do not think he will last long.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Too Nice of a Place, for this Animal.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
We can point fingers ALL DAY LONG! Why not instead, pray for him. Or get his mailing address and send him something nice, as well as a bible and tell him that you forgive him and that he still has hope. Forgiveness what a concept. It's likely he was abused by someone as a kid too.

edit on 1-11-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Let God forgive him.

Im sure many of his victims haven't.

He knew better. He took advantage, cause he could. Cause he wanted to.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

He deserves no forgiveness and no sympathy.

Ask his victims if they forgive him. You will find a unanimous answer.

Being abused yourself is not an excuse or pardon for inflicting that kind of trauma on someone else. It makes it that much more heinous.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

In God's eyes you or I are not any better than he is. We're all sinners harboring one kind of sin or another. Some worse than others yes, but those that are worse need the most help.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
He doesn't deserve it, and what you do for your misdeeds? It doesn't work that way sorry. Plus the worse the crime the more help the person needs. And the more we need to exercise our ability to be compassionate least we lose our own humanity to rage and anger.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
His crime was against children. There is no redemption from that. He feels no remorse for what he has done.

If there is a God, Sandusky will never meet him, because he belongs in the deepest and darkest pits of Hell to be tortured for eternity suffering the same abuse he did to children and even that is too good for him.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by sonnny1

In God's eyes you or I are not any better than he is. We're all sinners harboring one kind of sin or another. Some worse than others yes, but those that are worse need the most help.

Most of ours sins usually involve too much cursing, drinking, smoking, dope, gamble, gossiping about our neighbors, commit adultery,etc......sins that affect us personally, not so much others.

This creep had a prestigious job where he was surrounded by young boys and he was more or less their role model.
They trusted him.....
He betrayed them.......many of them.
He abused his position in power and trust.

These young kids were sexually abused.
I personally do not condone that kind of behavior.

If God can forgive him, fine, then that's all that matters.

He should have thought about the consequences before he acted on his needs.
He knew better......
He just figured he never would get caught...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
His crime was against children. There is no redemption from that. He feels no remorse for what he has done.

If there is a God, Sandusky will never meet him, because he belongs in the deepest and darkest pits of Hell to be tortured for eternity suffering the same abuse he did to children and even that is too good for him.

Ya I understand many people will be angry and hurt for a long time. But I think there's always hope for anyone. Anyone could have a change of heart. Jeffery Dahmer became a Christian in Jail before he died in prison. Whereever there's the worst offender, that's where there's the most opportunity for a turn around and hope. That's where compassion comes in.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

A change of heart brings no comfort to anyone but himself. An apology will never undo the damage he has done.

I would rather be in Hell or Purgatory than Heaven with the likes of him.
edit on 11/1/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm still amazed that he only got 30 years... protected custody? He made his bed, I say let him sleep in it. Let's see how he likes the showers now!

Scumbag.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

reply to post by r2d246

He deserves no forgiveness and no sympathy.

Ask his victims if they forgive him. You will find a unanimous answer.

Being abused yourself is not an excuse or pardon for inflicting that kind of trauma on someone else. It makes it that much more heinous.

I hope the unanimous answer is yes. It is well documented that forgiveness is very healthy, and refusal of forgiveness tends to have negative outcomes.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Lucky for me i don't believe in your God. So I can just presume that Sandusky is a special kind of trash and that I am far, far superior to him because I can be trusted around children.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Im not Judging him,as if I am a God. I am saying he deserves nothing, because he is defiant and unrepentant. Like Satan, hey?

Defiant and unrepentant, Jerry Sandusky accused his victims of lodging "false allegations" against him in a taped jailhouse statement aired by a radio station late Monday, one day before he was to be sentenced on 45 counts of child sexual abuse.

Jerry Sandusky says he's innocent of sexual abuse, blames conspiracy The former Penn State University assistant football coach is scheduled to be sentenced on 45 counts of child sexual abuse.

edit on 1-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Ya I understand many people will be angry and hurt for a long time. But I think there's always hope for anyone. Anyone could have a change of heart. Jeffery Dahmer became a Christian in Jail before he died in prison. Whereever there's the worst offender, that's where there's the most opportunity for a turn around and hope. That's where compassion comes in.

So your god seems to only offer redemption or succour to those who have committed such cowardly acts,what about the victims? those of you who espouse this "god" of yours sure picked a deity with limited capabilities,if he/she/it can't intervene and stop those creatures from preying on innocents in the first place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join