George Orwell Was A Traitor To The Human Race.

page: 1
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Did you read 'Animal Farm' at 'school'? I did. What a complete load of nonsense that trash is. Direct from the Ministry Of Truth. Orwell worked for The Ministry Of Truth.

Animal Farm is infantile. Communism is bad...

Orwells greatest work of double speak is 1984. A 'warning' is it? More like a confession. The point of 1984 is not to warn society. The point of 1984 is to encourage society to be a passive little resigned bitch like Winston. Orwell is Winston. He was no William Wallace. Orwell would was coward.

And just look at the guys life. Suspicious much?

edit- what a terrible brainwashed world it is.

edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GaiusMarius
 


I'm pretty sure 1984 is the closest thing to a bible many of us here on ATS have.

Orwell was trying to warn us about the control of governments through manipulating facts to instill fear in the populace to stay abiding.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
orwell was in the know...

reading 1984 i was surprised to find no hero. no winning.

it was just an ending. where nothing changed.

i fear you are right.

prep us for it all, by making it part of our psyche
edit on 1-11-2012 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
reply to post by GaiusMarius
 


I'm pretty sure 1984 is the closest thing to a bible many of us here on ATS have.

Orwell was trying to warn us about the control of governments through manipulating facts to instill fear in the populace to stay abiding.



Then why is Winston such a traitor? A dispicable sub human jerk that stole chocolate rations from his dying little sister? 1984 is about making the public feel like there is nothing they can do about 'big brother'. It has worked.
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaiusMarius
Did you read 'Animal Farm' at 'school'? I did. What a complete load of nonsense that trash is. Direct from the Ministry Of Truth. Orwell worked for The Ministry Of Truth.

Animal Farm is infantile. Communism is bad...



I think you may have missed the point Animal Farm makes. If it's been years since you read it or you are relying on information discussed in class (ie the teacher's viewpoint) you may want to give it another go.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Winston was actually a freedom fighter until he was psychologically and physically tortured for (years)? Torture like that will drive you insane/depressed/traumatized.

Animal Farm was the perfect analogy on how power corrupts, how society degrades overtime, and the dangers of a superiority complex over others.

Both were based on the USSR under Stalin....I wouldn't say they were "warnings" in the sense a lot of people say they are, because they were based off current events during Orwells life.

edit on 1-11-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

Originally posted by GaiusMarius
Did you read 'Animal Farm' at 'school'? I did. What a complete load of nonsense that trash is. Direct from the Ministry Of Truth. Orwell worked for The Ministry Of Truth.

Animal Farm is infantile. Communism is bad...



I think you may have missed the point Animal Farm makes. If it's been years since you read it or you are relying on information discussed in class (ie the teacher's viewpoint) you may want to give it another go.


I think you are missing the point.
Its about Lenin and Stalin. It is about giving captalists a confused and simple understanding of communism.

It is about brainwashing children.

edit- The CIA love it.
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
Winston was actually a freedom fighter until he was psychologically and physically tortured for (years)? Torture like that will drive you insane/depressed/traumatized.

Animal Farm was the perfect analogy on how power corrupts, how society degrades overtime, and the dangers of a superiority complex over others.

Both were based on the USSR under Stalin....none of novels were warnings, they were based off current events.


He was no William Wallace. He should have faced the rat. No "FREEDOM" from Winston.

And yes, Animal Farm is about confusing what Communism is. I guess you think 'third world' 'second world' and first world' is superiority complex free? You dig 'upward mobility'? Upper middle and lower? Good stuff isnt it?



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Whatever you think Orwell's intention or motivations were behind Animal Farm and 1984 they are not how they are interpreted. Most people who read them both think of them as commentary or criticisms of the time (Animal Farm) and the possibility of what would become of society if we start giving up our freedoms, independence and autonomy (1984).



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
Whatever you think Orwell's intention or motivations were behind Animal Farm and 1984 they are not how they are interpreted. Most people who read them both think of them as commentary or criticisms of the time (Animal Farm) and the possibility of what would become of society if we start giving up our freedoms, independence and autonomy (1984).


The BBC employee knew what he was up to.

Did you know the CIA bought the rights to Animal Farm and 1984?

Pure propaganda is what they are. And blatant.

edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaiusMarius

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
Whatever you think Orwell's intention or motivations were behind Animal Farm and 1984 they are not how they are interpreted. Most people who read them both think of them as commentary or criticisms of the time (Animal Farm) and the possibility of what would become of society if we start giving up our freedoms, independence and autonomy (1984).


The BBC employee knew what he was up to.

Did you know the CIA bought the rights to Animal Farm and 1984?

Pure propaganda is what they are. And blatant.

edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)


When did they buy it? If it was BEFORE they were even written I would say yes you have a point but if the CIA bought them afterwards I think you are barking up a tree with no squirrel.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Propaganda for so called 'intellectuals' and children.

Where would 'intellectuals' be without their Spark Notes to tell them what to think?

'Intellectuals' are the easiest section of any population to manipulate.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Yup, new member looking to make some stars and flags. Happens every day around here.

Never mind that every day we are experiencing was foretold in 1984. Nope, not good enough.

I believe the real traitors are the ones that try to make Orwell look like anything but the person who warned us of today. Big Corp. and Govt. will love this thread.

Have you even read anything by Orwell or are you just cherry picking something you picked up from the lurker sidelines and decided to make it your debut?

You seem to have very um...perfect timing considering the mindset, fears and insecurities of Society today.

hmmm?


Pathetic.

edit on 1-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog

Originally posted by GaiusMarius

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
Whatever you think Orwell's intention or motivations were behind Animal Farm and 1984 they are not how they are interpreted. Most people who read them both think of them as commentary or criticisms of the time (Animal Farm) and the possibility of what would become of society if we start giving up our freedoms, independence and autonomy (1984).


The BBC employee knew what he was up to.

Did you know the CIA bought the rights to Animal Farm and 1984?

Pure propaganda is what they are. And blatant.

edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)


When did they buy it? If it was BEFORE they were even written I would say yes you have a point but if the CIA bought them afterwards I think you are barking up a tree with no squirrel.


More important is why they bought them.

And since Stalin was the guy that saved Capitalism from 'Fascism' it left Capitalists in a rather difficult position after WW2. Orwell was a propagandist and a traitor to the human race.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Yup, new member looking to make some stars and flags. Happens every day around here.

Never mind that every day we are experiencing was foretold in 1984. Nope, not good enough.

I believe the real traitors are the ones that try to make Orwell look like anything but the person who warned us of today. Big Corp. and Govt. will love this thread.

Have you even read anything by Orwell or are you just cherry picking something you picked up from the lurker sidelines and decided to make it your debut?

Pathetic.



Not only have I read and reread them. I have also looked into Orwells traitor life.

Big Corp and Government love Communism/Socialism now do they?

You arent even pathetic.
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)


And how much do you know about Orwell? Much? Or little? Why was he is Spain? Research. He knew what he was doing all along. He was a pathetic sub human rat.
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GaiusMarius
 


I will ask again, when did the CIA buy the rights for Orwell's books? If they funded the writing of the books then I will give you more credit but at this point you get 0.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
reply to post by GaiusMarius
 


I will ask again, when did the CIA buy the rights for Orwell's books? If they funded the writing of the books then I will give you more credit but at this point you get 0.


You are right. It was after. Why were they published. What was the appeal? Capitalists needed propaganda to combat the rise of communism after WW2. Pretty confusing time for the masses. They needed to tell them what to think.

CIA used Orwell as a tool in the war on Communism that took place after WW2. ( cold war )After the capitalists didnt need Russia.
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaiusMarius

Originally posted by jude11
Yup, new member looking to make some stars and flags. Happens every day around here.

Never mind that every day we are experiencing was foretold in 1984. Nope, not good enough.

I believe the real traitors are the ones that try to make Orwell look like anything but the person who warned us of today. Big Corp. and Govt. will love this thread.

Have you even read anything by Orwell or are you just cherry picking something you picked up from the lurker sidelines and decided to make it your debut?

Pathetic.



Not only have I read and reread them. I have also looked into Orwells traitor life.

Big Corp and Government love Communism/Socialism now do they?

You arent even pathetic.
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)


Thanks for proving my point.

Now I don`t have to waste my time



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by GaiusMarius

Originally posted by jude11
Yup, new member looking to make some stars and flags. Happens every day around here.

Never mind that every day we are experiencing was foretold in 1984. Nope, not good enough.

I believe the real traitors are the ones that try to make Orwell look like anything but the person who warned us of today. Big Corp. and Govt. will love this thread.

Have you even read anything by Orwell or are you just cherry picking something you picked up from the lurker sidelines and decided to make it your debut?

Pathetic.



Not only have I read and reread them. I have also looked into Orwells traitor life.

Big Corp and Government love Communism/Socialism now do they?

You arent even pathetic.
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)


Thanks for proving my point.

Now I don`t have to waste my time


If you want to make a point I would invest more time. Not less.

Are you calling me a commie or something? A red under the bed? Ha! No further discussion required then hey? Communism is bad. I read it in a book
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)


edit- cue some nonsense about Lenin....
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join