It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween: A Satanic Holiday

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

If you knew Him in Truth, those words would never be conceived. Pray that you are Delivered onto him for your sake of Steering and not mine.

Truth is purely relative. If I were to show you a cerulean shirt, you might call it green, and I might call it blue. You would say, "I can see how you might say that," but you would ultimately disagree because we differentiate colors differently.

Similarly, if you have been taught one thing and I have learned another over the course of my life thus far, you will instinctively hold to what you have been taught because that is what is most familiar to you, and therefore offers a better chance of survival. You do not grab a bow and arrow when you've spent your life using a sword. That does not mean the man wielding a bow and arrows is wrong, it simply means his character and training are better suited to the use of an arrow than a blade.

So if someone looks at life differently from you, does that make them wrong? No, it simply means you clearly have a chance to learn from them. If you choose to judge instead of learn, then it is obvious that one or both of two factors are present:

1) the man with the bow has found a better way to fight, and you are fearful of admitting that your beloved blade is not as useful against - say, a dragon - as a bow is.

2) you have not learned the value of changing weapons to compensate for the environment. This is a distinct disadvantage.

This applies to philosophies in life as well, obviously. And I think that fear of a philosophy that does no harm clearly shows that you already know your faith is outdated, but you would rather wield a familiar (albeit broken) weapon than learn to wield a completely new one. But this can prove to be critically hindering when the deer you are used to hunting become dragons as a new era arrives.

Do you see my point?

If you knew him in truth you would stop judging others and using condemning statements to make yourself feel above others.

Most of the people I see judging others are Christians. Your point is hardly valid in this day and age, considering the modern applications of scripture and how Jesus and "God" are used to judge and condemn left and right. In fact, the quote I replied to at the beginning of this post comes perilously close to judging. One could even speculate (quite reasonably) that you typed that post with judgment already in your heart. You believed that a fate was set for the person you were posting to. That is called judgment.

Watch where you step, for you come close to hypocrisy.
edit on 1-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This "Halloween is evil" thing seems largely from the evengelical protestant side of the house. Catholics never had a problem with it (probably because Catholics were the ones who brought the traditions over from the pagan side of the house as pagans converted. I don't see that as "stealing," though. Whenever people adopt new belief systems, governments, or move to new countries, they often preserve their folk traditions. Halloween was originally a celebration of the harvest, a way to honor those who have passed on, and the last bit of fun before the long winter. Any "evil" connotation is just a modern product of hollywood and madison avenue, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimeLight
Pray that you are Delivered onto him for your sake of Steering and not mine.
So, that is all it takes, prayer? If we pray to your god, with sincere desire to be saved an delivered in to knowing "the Truth," we will be?
edit on 11/1/2012 by Koros because: Fixed attribution issue

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koros

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
So, that is all it takes, prayer? If we pray to your god, with sincere desire to be saved an delivered in to knowing "the Truth," we will be?

Try it out and let us know... I think it's something you have to figure out yourself. But if you give it 100%, I think you may be pleasantly surprised. Heck.. I'd go "all in" saying you will be..

Let us know please.

Later..

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros

The power of prayer:

Witchcraft. I say this not in condemnation, but in approval. If you master the principles that are inherent in prayer, you have mastered the ability to call upon the ether to fulfill your needs. This, in essence, is witchcraft. You just choose to give the ether a familiar face.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I hate fanaticism...especially religious fanaticism. I have seen the pain and breaking apart of entire families over religious fanaticism, especially in those religions that advocate shunning others who have chosen to leave their cultish religion.

IMO, Halloween has evolved into nothing more than an excuse for a costume party for adults and a good time for little kids. Oh no!!! Somebody is having good clean fun!

When I opened my door to a couple of four-year-old girls, one dressed as a princess and the other dressed as Wonder Woman, I was just taken aback at the sheer evilness of it....

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

If you knew Him in Truth, those words would never be conceived. Pray that you are Delivered onto him for your sake of Steering and not mine.

Truth is purely relative. If I were to show you a cerulean shirt, you might call it green, and I might call it blue. You would say, "I can see how you might say that," but you would ultimately disagree because we differentiate colors differently.

Similarly, if you have been taught one thing and I have learned another over the course of my life thus far, you will instinctively hold to what you have been taught because that is what is most familiar to you, and therefore offers a better chance of survival. You do not grab a bow and arrow when you've spent your life using a sword. That does not mean the man wielding a bow and arrows is wrong, it simply means his character and training are better suited to the use of an arrow than a blade.

So if someone looks at life differently from you, does that make them wrong? No, it simply means you clearly have a chance to learn from them. If you choose to judge instead of learn, then it is obvious that one or both of two factors are present:

1) the man with the bow has found a better way to fight, and you are fearful of admitting that your beloved blade is not as useful against - say, a dragon - as a bow is.

2) you have not learned the value of changing weapons to compensate for the environment. This is a distinct disadvantage.

This applies to philosophies in life as well, obviously. And I think that fear of a philosophy that does no harm clearly shows that you already know your faith is outdated, but you would rather wield a familiar (albeit broken) weapon than learn to wield a completely new one. But this can prove to be critically hindering when the deer you are used to hunting become dragons as a new era arrives.

Do you see my point?

If you knew him in truth you would stop judging others and using condemning statements to make yourself feel above others.

Most of the people I see judging others are Christians. Your point is hardly valid in this day and age, considering the modern applications of scripture and how Jesus and "God" are used to judge and condemn left and right. In fact, the quote I replied to at the beginning of this post comes perilously close to judging. One could even speculate (quite reasonably) that you typed that post with judgment already in your heart. You believed that a fate was set for the person you were posting to. That is called judgment.

Watch where you step, for you come close to hypocrisy.

In the last hour or so in two different threads people keep misquoting me.

My perspective is similar to yours as in it being all relative, how is this being misunderstood.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

ATS has gone MAD.

I did not make that statement, I quoted it of another poster in this thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sekerofknowlege

Were you invited to an Eyes Wide Shut party or something? heheh, oh yeah those are only during the Christmas season.

I'm sure satanists in the past and satanists today give special celebration to Halloween, but this is the vast minority, such a minority that I've never come across a 'satanic party' celebration on Halloween.

99.9999% of those that celebrate this Holiday are fans of candy, dressing up, costume parties, haunted houses, a good scare, a good trick or treat.

If you have any 'satanic' stories please feel free to share, I am sure these stories will be most rare. If you look for evil you can find it even in the kindest of Holidays, you may have to look harder but I'm sure there is 'evil' to be found in Easter, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, even Christmas, you vilify Halloween because it's so easy to do so, you don't need to look deep down, you simply look at the surface and see 'evil', evil is in the eye of the beholder sometimes, personally Halloween is my favorite holiday.

I do believe the word Halloween itself is a bit satanic, I've yet to read this on any website but breaking it down, Hallow is an old word for Holy, ween is a word for less, or cutting off, so Less-Holy, Cutting-Back-On-the-Holy is what the name seems to mean just breaking down the word, don't know any history behind the name just thought I'd throw that out there.

It's perfectly fine for a Christian to participate in Halloween, the appearance of evil is evil itself they say, well this area becomes a bit grey on Halloween perhaps, but I personally enjoy decorating with fake plastic skulls & fake body parts, does that make me an occult practitioner? no. Some churches recommend no masks which is understandable, it's hard to breathe in those things I'd recommend it based on that alone.

I've yet to hear anyone tell me Halloween is a christian holiday, who's claiming such? hah. I enjoy the fake bloody body parts all over the place, but even I have to admit the Halloween store is getting a little over the top, but it was fun watching the home improvement shows showcasing the many famous home grown decorative haunted houses built across the USA. This one guy makes skeleton robots for Halloween and sells them as his full time job, I see nothing evil about that, it's very creative really.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

The world came to Christ in eager throngs, by the droves, by the multitudes. You don't see the masses tripping over themselves to catch a glimpse of the average Christian believer.

If I had been living beneath the rule of the Romans, I'd be pretty freakin' desperate too.
There's not a whole lot of hope in that sort of world, and Jesus happened to appeal to them. Big deal. Speaks more for their idiocy and desperation than anything else.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sekerofknowlege
Greeting ATS! My blessings go out to those in the North East that got affected by this “frankenstorm” which is a tragedy.

Alright, with that being said, this whole Halloween thing is a celebration of Satanism! OK, I’m not here to push my religious beliefs on anyone, and I encourage questioning things related to all religions. I don’t care if you’re an atheist, Muslim, Buddhist, Scientologist, etc., I think we can all agree on one thing; evil is a very real thing, and if you support evil, you support the devil. October 31st is an important date for Satanists, witches, and occultists alike, as Halloween is an embracement of evil and celebration of death. It’s a sick thing to watch kids in my neighborhood dress up and unconsciously support this occult movement. I encourage you to reject this pagan, satanic holiday! If you dressed up for Halloween, you are supporting the evil spiritual forces and the devil himself, as well as rejecting Jesus
Christ.
Check out these links posted and let me know you think.

yourgoingtohell.com...

www.demonbuster.com...

www.christiananswers.net...

I'm sure tonight there's all kind of sick rituals taking place that feed off the energy of the brained wash youth that support this Halloween movement. I'm talking about ouiji board use, bonfires, animal sacrifices, heavy drug-use, sex rituals, basically any kind of sinful behavior that goes against the Oneness that is God. This is a big night for occultists and paganist alike. I encourage you to combat this spiritual warfare taking place in the higher realms of existence by meditating tonight and imagine love and peace spreading to all corners of the globe. Pray to god and thank the universe for your very existence. Don't feed into this celebration of evil.

I personally believe in God and believe in the light of Jesus Christ. Halloween claims to be a “Christian” holiday buts it’s far from it. Please, do some research, and next year don’t let your kids dress up as a witch! Say your prayers tonight as these wicked evil forces thrive off everyone feeding into this devilish holiday.

Peace and God Bless to all.

Well i guess if you believe in that crap, you'd think it was evil.

However i think you're just bitter cuz you didn't get to Trick or Treat when you were a kid or your parents took all the good candy for themselves...

edit on 1-11-2012 by bg_socalif because: fat fingers on the keyboard

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Halloween is a Pagan festival. Pagans are not Satanists, stop talking nonesense.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Though I am not satanic, or religious at all, I do know that the one holiday, and only holiday in satanism is ones individual birthday.

Also you should probably be thankful as it is ”satan” that has kept christianity around this long.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by followtheevidence

The world came to Christ in eager throngs, by the droves, by the multitudes. You don't see the masses tripping over themselves to catch a glimpse of the average Christian believer.

If I had been living beneath the rule of the Romans, I'd be pretty freakin' desperate too.
There's not a whole lot of hope in that sort of world, and Jesus happened to appeal to them. Big deal. Speaks more for their idiocy and desperation than anything else.

Romans had orgies, gladiatorial battles, believed whatever, baths, the "most glorious" empire... sounds like they were more or less pretty happy.
edit on 1/11/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No, ATS didn't go mad. Your original post has some formatting issues, making it appear as though YOU had said what I quoted. I have fixed my original post to correctly attribute the quote.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx2112
Try it out and let us know... I think it's something you have to figure out yourself. But if you give it 100%, I think you may be pleasantly surprised. Heck.. I'd go "all in" saying you will be..

Let us know please.

Later..
Oh, I did try it out. For years, when I was still Christian, I prayed to God to be "saved." Guess what, it didn't happen.

Guess that proves one of two things. Either your god doesn't exist like you think he does, or your god only cares about some people and I didn't make the cut.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sekerofknowlege
Greeting ATS! My blessings go out to those in the North East that got affected by this “frankenstorm” which is a tragedy.

Alright, with that being said, this whole Halloween thing is a celebration of Satanism! OK, I’m not here to push my religious beliefs on anyone, and I encourage questioning things related to all religions. I don’t care if you’re an atheist, Muslim, Buddhist, Scientologist, etc., I think we can all agree on one thing; evil is a very real thing, and if you support evil, you support the devil. October 31st is an important date for Satanists, witches, and occultists alike, as Halloween is an embracement of evil and celebration of death. It’s a sick thing to watch kids in my neighborhood dress up and unconsciously support this occult movement. I encourage you to reject this pagan, satanic holiday! If you dressed up for Halloween, you are supporting the evil spiritual forces and the devil himself, as well as rejecting Jesus
Christ.
Check out these links posted and let me know you think.

yourgoingtohell.com...

www.demonbuster.com...

www.christiananswers.net...

I'm sure tonight there's all kind of sick rituals taking place that feed off the energy of the brained wash youth that support this Halloween movement. I'm talking about ouiji board use, bonfires, animal sacrifices, heavy drug-use, sex rituals, basically any kind of sinful behavior that goes against the Oneness that is God. This is a big night for occultists and paganist alike. I encourage you to combat this spiritual warfare taking place in the higher realms of existence by meditating tonight and imagine love and peace spreading to all corners of the globe. Pray to god and thank the universe for your very existence. Don't feed into this celebration of evil.

I personally believe in God and believe in the light of Jesus Christ. Halloween claims to be a “Christian” holiday buts it’s far from it. Please, do some research, and next year don’t let your kids dress up as a witch! Say your prayers tonight as these wicked evil forces thrive off everyone feeding into this devilish holiday.

Peace and God Bless to all.

1 - Halloween is Pagan, but so are most of the other holidays we have here in the west. Christmas, Easter, ect.

2 - Halloween did not originate from any kind of Satanic religion or ideals

3 - I'm a punk/goth chick. Does that mean, by dressing up every day, I'm worshiping the devil? Because I like spikes and chains and my hair is blood red? I don't think by going out and getting candy with my friends I'm worshiping Satan. I also don't think I'm a Satanist simply because of the way I dress. Perhaps the original customs are questionable, but the original customs are far gone, and I seriously doubt by going out and getting candy, we're all actually doing something Pagan.

4 - I can understand why watching Pagan or other questionable traditions that are normal in western society would bother you, because it bothers me too... but to dismiss everyone who participates in Halloween as Satanists is a little much.

5 - It would've made more sense to post things about the original customs of Halloween if you wanted to steer people away from it, rather than just hollering Satanism and expecting everyone to follow.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Halloween may have pagan roots, but it has evolved in today's society as a day to dress up in costume and partaaay, or, in the case of kids, get free candy.

For those that are so concerned about its pagan origins, did you know that wearing a wedding ring also has pagan roots? But, that custom has evolved to mean something else, just like certain holidays have evolved to mean something else. How many atheists do you know that give gifts at Christmas?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Let us know please.

Later..
Oh, I did try it out. For years, when I was still Christian, I prayed to God to be "saved." Guess what, it didn't happen.

Guess that proves one of two things. Either your god doesn't exist like you think he does, or your god only cares about some people and I didn't make the cut.

You said you prayed to be saved and it did not happen, how did you come to that conclusion? Or were you unaware that you were probably 3 feet from gold and you just gave up?

Failure is 100% guaranteed when:
1. Inaction is all you give.
2. Stopping when your 3 feet from gold, because your minds fears, doubts, intellectual cloud guided you into quitting.

Of course that's just me. And no man, you don't have to answer my question. Well, hope you enjoyed your Halloween as I did...

Thanks for your time bud...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You said you prayed to be saved and it did not happen, how did you come to that conclusion? Or were you unaware that you were probably 3 feet from gold and you just gave up?

Failure is 100% guaranteed when:
1. Inaction is all you give.
2. Stopping when your 3 feet from gold, because your minds fears, doubts, intellectual cloud guided you into quitting.

Of course that's just me. And no man, you don't have to answer my question. Well, hope you enjoyed your Halloween as I did...

Thanks for your time bud...
I love that answer. "Well, if you weren't saved as per the way I think you should have been, that must mean YOU screwed up somehow." I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you refuse to acknowledge the possibility that, just perhaps, your "pray and Jesus will save you" rhetoric is wrong.
edit on 11/1/2012 by Koros because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/2012 by Koros because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join