It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween: A Satanic Holiday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wow....yeah Halloween is to Satanism as Christmas is to worshiping the present pooping fat man!

Seriously, the OP needs to get educated and get off the nutty for Jesus wagon.

Here is a link that might start you down the road to a proper education.

History of Halloween

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The op has pointed out that according to the view of some, Halloween is Satanic in nature. While the sentiment is there, the point is misguided on all aspects, and failing to see the actual history behind this one particular day.

All Hallows Eve, Halloween or even Samhain, was once used to mark the end of the harvest and the start of the time of death on the earth. It is true, that many pagans of old, along with many people believed that the veil between the spirit world and the world has thinned and could visit. The tradition of wearing costumes comes back to the early dawn of time, and started with the Celts to scare away the spirits from their communities. The idea of giving out treats or food started during this time frame. As with many religious beliefs, it was later on incorporated in with the Romans to honor the dead, which was traditionally held in late October and the 2 were merged. As with all things, when the new came in, it would incorporate the old with the new to allow for the ease in transition and to give credence to the new belief system.

In the year 1000 A.D., the church designated November 2 as All Souls Day, to honour the dead who were not saints, and they eventually became combined and celebrated as Hallowmas. On All Souls Day, in England, the poor would ‘go a-souling’ They would go door to door asking for food, and in return, would pray for the souls of their dead relatives. It was widely believed at the time that the souls of the dead would await passage into heaven until enough people prayed for their souls. The Christian church encouraged this practice to replace the old Pagan tradition of leaving cakes and wine out for the spirits of the dead. The poor would be given "soul cakes", which were pastries made for those who promised to pray for their dead relatives. In some cultures, soul cakes would be given in exchange for a performance or song as well. Children eventually adopted this practice, and were given food, ale, or money.

As was pointed out by prior posts, Satanism has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween, save that it is used as a passing of the year and the turn of the wheel. There is nothing evil, nothing wrong with such. If anything if it means that we sit and reflect on our ancestors and what they did during their lives, to include the happiness and joys of seeing them, is that such a bad thing?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Alright, let me clarify that by "satanic", i mean "relating to evil spiritual forces". I don't mean anything pertaining to the "Church of Satan". I simply mean it's an unrighteous, ungodly holiday. Also, by the "devil", i mean that metaphorically, not literally. The accumulated combined evil energy of every sin man commits, as well as it's karmic consequence,is the devil, not some horned "mythical" creature that your most likely thinking of. A man can act devilish. Crimes against humanity are acts of the devil. Again, it's a metaphor, not to be taken as a horned creature with a pitch fork. It's more of a mindset, which is the opposite of Christ Consciousness, or Enlightenment.

I guess next thread i'll make by self more clear!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

sounds a lot like an attempt to maintain law and order mixed with mass marketing

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Your uneducated. Muslims believe in Christ. Followers of the Bahai' faith believe in Christ. Jews believe Christ was a righteous man who spread the word of God. So i guess i'm a Christian, Muslim, Jew, according to your logic?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sekerofknowlege

Alright, let me clarify that by "satanic", i mean "relating to evil spiritual forces". I don't mean anything pertaining to the "Church of Satan". I simply mean it's an unrighteous, ungodly holiday. Also, by the "devil", i mean that metaphorically, not literally. The accumulated combined evil energy of every sin man commits, as well as it's karmic consequence,is the devil, not some horned "mythical" creature that your most likely thinking of. A man can act devilish. Crimes against humanity are acts of the devil. Again, it's a metaphor, not to be taken as a horned creature with a pitch fork. It's more of a mindset, which is the opposite of Christ Consciousness, or Enlightenment.

dude are you for real? do you realize you just blasphemed against your own god?? Do you know anything about the word of god and yet your trying to spew it all over us.. and you don't even KNOW what it says.. oy vey!... the evil is in the deception that your follow the path to enlightenment.. when sigh.. sadly your really just weird.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Nice example from a site name YourGoingToHell.Com lol.... But your somewhat right, people who say its no big deal are the kids who grew up with no knowledge in these in these subjects n just passed it off as a day to dress up n get candy... But noooo.....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

reply to post by 3chainz

Your uneducated. Muslims believe in Christ. Followers of the Bahai' faith believe in Christ. Jews believe Christ was a righteous man who spread the word of God. So i guess i'm a Christian, Muslim, Jew, according to your logic?

Once you realize every religion has more than one thing in common, you realize all the filler of religions is pretty worthless, and does nothing but keep everybody going at each others throats.

Its funny when you figure out that right now on this planet, there are over 7 billion religions occurring at the same time. Some of those people just got together and made churches and started dissecting every other religion that had something in it they didn't agree with.

Hence how Halloween has become evil.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Alright, let me clarify that by "satanic", i mean "relating to evil spiritual forces". I don't mean anything pertaining to the "Church of Satan". I simply mean it's an unrighteous, ungodly holiday. Also, by the "devil", i mean that metaphorically, not literally.

Then why not say: "Halloween: an unrighteous, ungodly holiday"

As for the "devil" being metaphorical, then why not just say evil? Why associate a human trait with a mystical being?

Please do clarify next time.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Nice example from a site name YourGoingToHell.Com lol.... But your somewhat right, people who say its no big deal are the kids who grew up with no knowledge in these in these subjects n just passed it off as a day to dress up n get candy... But noooo.....

Um, the reason they "dress up" was originally to keep the "Evil Spirits" from recognizing you on the day that they can return to earth to haunt the living, or to scare them off. Same goes for Jack o' lanterns.

You think you would support Halloween because it is a way for you to "scare" off evil and the "devil"

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sekerofknowlege

actually we really do not want your energy... we do not want the negativity...

This holiday is seen by most pagans I have dealt with, as a corporate scam designed to make money in October.... you need to do a little more research before you toss around claims about pagans and witchcraft...
Our practices are not shared with outsiders...

my advice is if you do not like paganism

1)remove your wedding ring if you have one... ours first...

2) remove all crosses and pictures of jesus... idols pagan style (necromancy ritual)

3)do not celebrate christmas... another hijacked holiday..(ours is the 21st)

4) do not celebrate easter-- (ask some of the other pagans here)

5) do not partake of communion -- (ritualistic cannibalism and transfer of energy by welcoming diety)

saving time

So know, our magics do not involve stealing the energy by most practitioners... one day when your older I will tell you about some nasty fights involving magic I have seen

edit on 31-10-2012 by ripcontrol because: wrong wording

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It may have become important to satanists, but it did not originate that way nor was it always celebrated in October. It started out as a pagan holiday (pagans, not being Christians, do not believe in Satan or the devil for starters) which was celebrated in May and was taken over by the newly Christian Romans, eventually it was changed to October, interlinked with All Saints Day, and so on. It evolved into Halloween slowly and over a great many years, and has become Halloween. It was Hallow or Holy Saints Day and een was the like Christmas EVE, meaning the day before all saints or holy saints day..... the History Channel has an interesting history of the holiday. It has become demonized, pun intended, just like so many other things by overly religious people that don't bother to check out the real truth and history of a subject.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CWZsH9Wras Part One see the rest on that Tube site

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Nice... good video too.. round of applause if I knew how to do it.. giggles

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sekerofknowlege

What did you do for Halloween?

Personally, I sacrificed three children, raped a gang of virgin trick or treaters and summoned the Antichrist inside a pentagram.

HAIL SATAN!

www.o9a.org

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperZepto

Cool story bro.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

[SNIP]

This is where I have to stop you (though your post above this one wasn't all that much better in fact) . We don't need you here to "spread the word". I think you'll find that when most religious folks come and try to spread their oppressive beliefs into a group of people that things never turn out well and always turn out very very ugly. Also, who cares about celebrating the dead? That's a good thing. We celebrate the dead every time we have a funeral service or remember the legacy that a loved one left behind when they died.

You are misguided and need to do some more research. If Halloween ever WERE a Satanist holiday it sure isn't now. I barely classify children running around having fun and receiving candy as a form of Satanism. Just go throw your religious ideals onto a group of people that cares. May I suggest a fundamental Christian message board.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

yep, that's what breeds more satanists.
"spreading the word" to the point it becomes annoying specially more when coupled with ignorance.

the only way to avoid the nonsense is to declare ourselves satanists
if all hail satan i'm pretty sure the op will just avoid us like the devil.

religious spam is still spam, religions invented spam way before the internet.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Halloween has pagan origins. So does Christmas and Easter. I can admit this despite being a Christian. There is nothing "Satanic" about any of these holidays.
Some people take it to an extreme and have fun with "satanic" trappings, like the House of Shock in New Orleans. But it is all in good fun and nobody is sacrificing anyone.
Also, nobody is forcing anything on anyone. If you are uncomfortable with it, don't participate. Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I encourage you to reject this pagan, satanic holiday! If you dressed up for Halloween, you are supporting the evil spiritual forces and the devil himself, as well as rejecting Jesus
Christ.

The woes of the world can hardly be blamed on Halloween. Evil has encroached society in so many ways, trying to pin the blame on Halloween is rediculous, esspecially suggesting that it is in essence denying our savior. If this was the case, the television you watch, the music you listen to, the advertizements you see and the products you buy would all be considered the rejection of Jesus Christ. You cannot reject the Savior unintententionally, there must be intent as well as the desire to do so. Forget the splinter in your brothers eye, you should worry about the splinter in your own eye.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

By spreading the word, i don't mean anything having to do with organized religion. I mean once you discover the truth, first hand,you feel obligated to tell people. The truth i am referring too is the interconnectedness of all life that sums up to be the oneness that is God. I do not know why you people keep criticizing me of being a "Christian". I personally don't like the majority of Christian people i have met. They push there beliefs on people and manipulate the word of God. Again i can't speak for every Christian.
You guys don't have to agree with me, you know.

whatever i guess i'm just misunderstood but as long as i provoked a new way of seeing things and thinking to at least one person i'll consider it a win in my book.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join