It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Offers to Send Emergency Aid Team to Stricken New York

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I can see from your signature why you would be so opposed to the idea.

There are many different types of people in Iran, same as anywhere else. The entire country doesn't view us or anyone else in one specific way. It's not cool to generalize on that level, especially when someone is offering help.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Noncents because: fixed wording.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by superman2012

Go for it! I stand by my post and don't care what you think.
I would not take their offer of help too seriously.

Oh don't get me wrong, I wouldn't take it seriously either. The thing that threw me off my chair with laughter was the finish what the storm started silliness.
The only reason why Iran would offer this is to make the government look bad when they say no, and it takes them months to do it themselves...plus, any allies offered to help yet? ( I really don't know).

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by superman2012

I have skimmed the article! I really liked the part about them being
able to send "rescue" workers with equipment and tools to american
cities on short notice
The very same country that considers the
U.S.A. as the great satan.Oh,yeah,let them come into our country on
a "peaceful" mission to "rescue" our storm,stricken cities.
I am a cat and I smell a rat.

Oh I understand, but to state that the US will take care of their own...well, I have two words for you...Hurricane Katrina. I can give you more if you would like. Plus, an offer of help shouldn't be thrown aside so quickly...for all you know, this was the olive branch that you just burnt.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think that the USA can handle it, I really do. The government will use this disaster to their benefit and try to further justify any actions taken by FEMA at this time. I don't even think the US is going to bother asking for help from anyone. If other allies want to help and the US doesn't require it, I am sure they will turn them down too.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Who said "The USA is the great Satan"? The entire country of Iran or someone the media decided to sensationalize?
edit on 31-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
guys.. this isn't political. I don't see anything like that at all. I'm sure we'll politely decline the assistance but it's not, in my view, about being jerks. Now Hugo Chavez can just go stick it for the silly and absurd offer after Katrina. THAT was an insult.

Iran isn't the same thing. One, they have damn near 1/3rd the population we do...they have resources. They have the means to DO what they offer here...and the Red Crescent is legit, 100%.

Equally important, the U.S. has at least offered if not rendered some level of aid to Iran in big Earthquakes they've had over the recent past. It's not an offer out of the blue for 'wtf??'.... it would almost have been a slap in our face if they hadn't, actually.

Even the Soviet Union and Cold War America worked together on a few things, like general boundaries of war and the limits of space for pursuing it there too....among other space related things for other forums.
Cooperation wouldn't be unique..just very un-needed for sheer resources I'm sure are flooding that area from here at home and other more ...ahem...traditional allies.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The offer is an insincere political ploy.

As much as we all want to believe Iran is extending an olive branch the truth is they know their aid is not needed and we will politely decline the offer.

Remember, U.S. logistical capabilities are exponentially superior to any other global power.

What can they honestly offer?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just to play devils advocate here, I don't think they really expect an immediate reply. We're 6 days out from an election. Who's to say if Obama says yes to the help, then loses, that Romney would be of the same inclination.

There's a middle of the road type of answer here where no one need end up looking like the tail end of an horse. Something along the lines of:
That's a very generous offer, we appreciate it, we're good right now, but if that changes, we'll let you know . Thank You.
It's just simple manners.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i'm loving the replies to this thread.
people are undoubtedly polarized that's a fact.

for perspective i see the replies here as the general outside view the world has on american foreign policy, most of the world trusts the US as y'all trust iran.

either way, haven't relief teams from both iran and the us previously worked together on natural disasters? japan for example if i'm not mistaken.

you silly silly people let prejudice and distorted media views dictate your judgement even when your own are in peril.

may you all drown in your own pride.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
The offer is an insincere political ploy.

As much as we all want to believe Iran is extending an olive branch the truth is they know their aid is not needed and we will politely decline the offer.

Remember, U.S. logistical capabilities are exponentially superior to any other global power.

What can they honestly offer?

Yeah because we proved that during Katrina right?
This country isn't infallible, and has a history of screwing up even the simplest tasks.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UziLiberman

may you all drown in your own pride.

Just because it needed to be said again.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, I think the offer is sincere and very kind but on the other I have a hard time trusting Iran. Yet, which of our friends has offered any type of aid to us during this hurricane? I think that I am going to chose to believe that this is a sincere offer made by Iran, maybe sort of an olive branch. This is a offer made on a public platform and it would really fall flat for them if we accepted and they did something shady. Say what you will about Ahmadinejad, but he isn't stupid.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The political nonsense is bad enough already. I can just imagine the all-caps thread titles that would come from accepting the offer:

OMG!! OBAMA LET THE IRANIANS IN!! FALSE FLAG AND MARTIAL LAW ARE COMING!!

(Ahem)

Imagine if we did accept the offer, and actually began an era of peace and mutual assistance. Wouldn't that be nice (if a bit far-fetched)?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So me and my "neighbor" never get along... We are always argueing...

I suddenly cant feed my kids... I wouldn't turn said neighbor down, if he offered to feed them...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This isn't the first offer to help the US...they offered their services during the gulf oil spill in 2010 and we declined and opted to let BP/private sector handle it. Plenty of articles out there with a Google search. If I recall there was even an ATS thread or two about that offer.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

reply to post by UltraMarine

I have only read the title...Iran wants to finish what the storm started.
This is like having a fox offering to help an injured chicken.No way
should we even consider taking any help from them,we can take care
of our own!

Can I please quote you in my "Most Ridiculous Post" thread I am working on?

Well I didn't think her post was ridiculous at all. Iran is currently under the worst sanctions ever imposed by the US. It would be quite naive of us to accept the help of public enemy #1.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

It took me awhile to find this video...www.youtube.com...

Still sure you want to accept their offer of help? The part you need to see is at 1:12 on the video.
edit on 31-10-2012 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I hope everyone does just keep one thing in mind. After a few dozen men have died in Iran......however many thousands have to die to get those few......the same goverments telling us how evil and dangerous Iran is will be telling us to pony up for rebuilding and how all 70+ million of 'em are actually really good people, our friends and we're just intolerant if we don't see it that way.

It's a pattern by now. As the rest of the OP article states...we've sent aid for the Bam Earthquake as well as lifting sanctions specifically where it would concern relief for it. They've offered aid to us, which we SHOULD have taken for the Gulf. They deal with Oil and Drilling operations in two seas with less than chummy neighbors real close by. So, I'm guessing it's more than simply environmental concerns to make clean up there a VERY high priority. I'll bet they're awfully GOOD at it...and could really have helped. Bp sure screwed us.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

reply to post by TheLieWeLive

It took me awhile to find this video...www.youtube.com...

Still sure you want to accept their offer of help? The part you need to see is at 1:12 on the video.
edit on 31-10-2012 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

Not biased at all:

MEMRI was co-founded in 1998 by Yigal Carmon, a former colonel in the Israeli military intelligence and Meyrav Wurmser, an Israeli-born, American political scientist.

and

MEMRI is one of several organizations that monitor and translate Arab news media. While the organization's translations are regularly quoted by major international newspapers, its work has generated strong criticism. Critics have accused MEMRI of often producing inaccurate translations with undue emphasis and selectivity and disseminating the most extreme views from Arabic and Persian media while ignoring moderate views that are often found in the same media outlets.

From here.

You sure you don't want to accept their offer of help?

edit on 31-10-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by superman2012

reply to post by UltraMarine

I have only read the title...Iran wants to finish what the storm started.
This is like having a fox offering to help an injured chicken.No way
should we even consider taking any help from them,we can take care
of our own!

Can I please quote you in my "Most Ridiculous Post" thread I am working on?

Well I didn't think her post was ridiculous at all. Iran is currently under the worst sanctions ever imposed by the US. It would be quite naive of us to accept the help of public enemy #1.

Another one!!

So because one nation imposes sanctions on another, that makes them public enemy #1? What is it with some people and their need for a boogeyman? Have they threatened the US? So please explain to me how her post was in any way accurate rather than more propaganda/fear mongering?

Edit: And yes, Iran wanting to enrich uranium is way worse than this.

PS- No proof that Iran is building a bomb...just conjecture.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join