It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court May Force Mentally Disabled Nevada Woman to Have Abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Court May Force Mentally Disabled Nevada Woman to Have Abortion

www.lifenews.com

With obvious public outcries against forced abortions in China and forced sterilizations of mentally handicapped individuals in Nazi Germany, one might assume the United States knows better.

However, today, in Nevada, the life of an 11-week-old unborn baby and the future of his or her 32-year-old mother hang in the balance as a judge considers whether or not to order the woman to undergo an abortion and sterilization against her will.

Elisa Bauer, who suffers from severe mental and physical disabilities attributed to fetal alcohol syndrome, is currently in the final weeks of her first tr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
ok, I am officially appalled with the way our country is going. A mentally handicapped woman is in court fighting for her unborn child. She does admit that she can't raise the poor thing but has 6 couples willing to adopt. What right does the state have to force an abortion and sterilization on this woman? If she chose the abortion it would be one thing but the state is going to court to force her.

mods if this is in the wrong category, please move. thanks

www.lifenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What i want to know is if she is that mentally handicapped what kind of pervert impregnated her.
No matter how retarded some people are they always know how to have sex.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That is not the point. The point is the state government is trying to force a woman to have an abortion and be sterilized. Would you be so glib if this was happening to your daughter? This is just wrong. It's one thing if this is something her and her family chose but this is the state doing it. Funny thing about this, Hitler forcibly sterilized mentally handicapped women. Is this the kind of power you want a government having over you?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
What i want to know is if she is that mentally handicapped what kind of pervert impregnated her.
No matter how retarded some people are they always know how to have sex.

Your first line I can echo your sentiments. The second line seems as though you are attacking the victim, if it was not your intent an edit may be in order.

How the State has any say in this is rediculous. Is this not what Roe v Wade was all about?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Its not legal even if a judge says to do it. He is committing a crime against humanity and against the constitution and so I hope she has family who take her out of there. I wouldn't allow anyone in my family to stand under his judgement and would arrest him on sight. And tell him he stands under me, I don't stand under him.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

I didn't say I agreed with sterilizing her,I do not.Especially when there are potential adopters waiting.
But you do have to wonder about the father,where is he in all this?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

My apologies for coming off so strong. I am just appalled by this. I don't believe anyone knows who the father is. In fact, I believe the article states they don't know if this was from consensual sex or rape. The only thing I know is that the woman and her family don't want to abort this baby.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The father? Who knows? From the source:

The circumstances surrounding her pregnancy are unknown. Her family suspects she may have been raped, but it’s possible the sexual encounter that led to her pregnancy was consensual. On several occasions, Elisa has left her group home for hours or days at a time to engage in sexual activity with men at a local truck stop.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This can't be real.
Are we on punked?
Weres that queer ashton?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm not for or against abortions, I believe its the mothers choice and she'll have to live with her decision, but in this case the mother has people lined up to adopt the child, so why force her to abort?

Start with the disabled, once thats accepted apply the same rules to the unemployed, then those earning below a certain wage, then....if you havent got permision you cant have a child.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's not about the people involved.
It's about the agenda.
Push the disposal of human life.
Push the dismissal of the disabled as a legitimate parent.
Don't be so shocked.
This handbook was written a century ago.
It's still being used.
Welcome to progressive humanism.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

So tptb try it out in a liberal state and if there is no outcry it spreads nation wide? This might be the scariest news article I read all day. I wonder if they will also try to forcibly sterilize handicapped men as well.

edit on 31-10-2012 by shadwgirl because: grammar

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

The problem I'm seeing is she must live in a group home and they have isolated these people from Family and Friends so they don't have anyone to speak up for them, so its easier to take away our constitutional rights by targetting those who can't speak up.

SHE NEEDS FAMILY TO REALLY GIVE THAT COURT SYSTEM HELL ON WHEELS. I mean it. Who would ever tolerate illegal court proceedings or judges making decisions they aren't entitled to?

I wouldn't even let her attend if I was her mother, she would be safe and I would be the scariest thing on wheels in that court. You get witnesses and speakers gathered and legal documents to get them removed from office for abuse of their positions. You stir the pot so hard on their careers their heads are reeling. And you never obey a tyrant, not even once, no matter whether it wears a judges robe, a police uniform ITS A CRIMINAL IF ITS VIOLATING CIVIL RIGHTS AND HAS NO AUTHORITY OVER GOOD PEOPLE.

So she seems to have no one to speak up for her and protect her.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Her family have legal guardianship and are standing up for her. Thankfully. But it is social services who are taking her to court over this. Social Services are trying to force the court to allow this to happen to both her and her baby.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl

So tptb try it out in a liberal state and if there is no outcry it spreads nation wide? This might be the scariest news article I read all day. I wonder if they will also try to forcibly sterilize handicapped men as well.

It's all about pressure and time.
Eventually they will get people to think like they do.
We already have 50 million abortions a year worldwide.
Nobody even blinks.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It's all about pressure and time.
Eventually they will get people to think like they do.
We already have 50 million abortions a year worldwide.
Nobody even blinks.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

My thing is, even though I'm conservative, I am pro choice. My body my decision. I have a huge problem with forced abortions under any circumstance. The same people that lambast china for this issue aren't up in arms over it happening here. The government is taking that choice away from this girl and her family. It's just wrong and immoral.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

My thing is, even though I'm conservative, I am pro choice. My body my decision. I have a huge problem with forced abortions under any circumstance. The same people that lambast china for this issue aren't up in arms over it happening here. The government is taking that choice away from this girl and her family. It's just wrong and immoral.

Pro choice or not.
50 million babies killed and that's ok?
One killed by the law and that's not?

Is it just a question of who gets to decide to kill a baby?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Apparently, this isn't the first case this year of forced abortions.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join