It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drudge Report Teases: ‘SEX SCANDAL to Hit Campaign’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

thats going to haunt him big time. I wonder if it was the secret service who traced his activities and decided to help reveal out into the open?
Just a WAG.
edit on 1-11-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What a flop of a story, Drudge is becoming such a joke.

A single man participating in a legal activity (for where he was), this isn't a scandal at all, it's hardly worth mentioning.

He is a Democrat, people might think this is wrong, but since he is a Democrat it really doesn't matter. Democrats don't usually vote on "family values" or "religous morals", so when a Dem is found doing something like this, it isn't a conflict of his positions or values. Now when a Republican who brands themselves as a Moral Authority gets caught doing something like this, it does harm them because they are exposed for being a fraud.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
That's an awfully ballsy thing for a first term anything to do.

I'm afraid it won't even be talked about in NJ though.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
My prediction.

Nelson, Blunt, or Rubio

ETA:
Wait, what? Menendez? Who the hell is that? That is not a "powerful" senator? Who cares.
edit on 1-11-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Probably Obama.

Could trump have been leading up to this??

Got to love how this stuff breaks day before election. You think the candidates could control themselves.

Well Clinton couldn't

edit on 31-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

I do not think someones sex life has any bearing on how good they are at running the country and I think bringing it up is one of the best means of distracting from the real issues at stake.

Sex, having it, not having it, (provided these are all within the bounds of the law) doesn't make a bit of difference to me as long as a person is honest, has a good set of BUSINESS ETHICS and are good at what they do.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Obama has a #load of murders that cover his past, maybe one of those.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I do not think someones sex life has any bearing on how good they are at running the country and I think bringing it up is one of the best means of distracting from the real issues at stake.

Sex, having it, not having it, (provided these are all within the bounds of the law) doesn't make a bit of difference to me as long as a person is honest, has a good set of BUSINESS ETHICS and are good at what they do.

Really? What about this shmuk who is an attorney general? Messing around with an assistant attorney general?

www.myfoxphoenix.com... /2012/10/31/will-the-allegations-against-tom-horne-affect-hi

These are the people who are supposed to be setting an example for the rest of us.

Here is another article:

azstarnet.com... -57d4-a363-114d4f3aad2c.html

PHOENIX - Tom Horne caused more than $1,000 worth of damage when he clipped another car in a parking garage and just drove off, in order, according to FBI agents, to conceal an affair he was having with his passenger. Phoenix police records obtained Tuesday include detailed witness accounts by FBI agents who were following Horne, Arizona's attorney general, on March 27 as part of a campaign finance investigation. They said they watched him back his borrowed vehicle into a white Range Rover in the parking garage of a Phoenix residential complex

Do you think it's proper, even if not legal to engage in affairs, etc????

Not only is this guy already under investigation, he's having an affair, to top it off.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Could it be this?

Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic

Two women from the Dominican Republic told The Daily Caller that Democratic New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez paid them for sex earlier this year.

In interviews, the two women said they met Menendez around Easter at Casa de Campo, an expensive 7,000 acre resort in the Dominican Republic. They claimed Menendez agreed to pay them $500 for sex acts, but in the end they each received only $100.

And the dirt-bag stiffed them! Pardon the pun.

Menendez, who is 58 and divorced, has represented New Jersey in the U.S. Senate as a Democrat since being appointed to fill a vacancy in 2005. He is up for re-election on Nov. 6.

peace
edit on 1-11-2012 by silo13 because: ewww

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hmm, the report says he only paid the girls 100$, when promised 500$?
Let that be a lesson to these guys. If they do not want to get caught, pay up!

It seems when these low life scumbags get hookers, and do not want to pay up.. They get caught.

Reminds me of a southpark episode about sex addiction.
Its all about getting caught, and how not to get caught.

When someone says they should take responsibility for their actions, its coined. "we have a turd in the punch bowl."

So next time.. Pay up D bags! LOL

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Really? What about this shmuk who is an attorney general? Messing around with an assistant attorney general?

www.myfoxphoenix.com... /2012/10/31/will-the-allegations-against-tom-horne-affect-hi

These are the people who are supposed to be setting an example for the rest of us.

Here is another article:

azstarnet.com... -57d4-a363-114d4f3aad2c.html

PHOENIX - Tom Horne caused more than $1,000 worth of damage when he clipped another car in a parking garage and just drove off, in order, according to FBI agents, to conceal an affair he was having with his passenger. Phoenix police records obtained Tuesday include detailed witness accounts by FBI agents who were following Horne, Arizona's attorney general, on March 27 as part of a campaign finance investigation. They said they watched him back his borrowed vehicle into a white Range Rover in the parking garage of a Phoenix residential complex

Do you think it's proper, even if not legal to engage in affairs, etc????

Not only is this guy already under investigation, he's having an affair, to top it off.

No they are not setting an example for me. I have others in my life setting the good examples.

These people are there to do a job. While we pry into private lives nothing gets done. Do things people want. Thats all I ask in addition to your extracurricular affairs. No I don't really give a crap those are issues between men and women, not my elected representative and me. He is there to do a job and I am judging him or her on how well they do it.

Clear and undisputed proof of perverted or bad characters will be disqualified on their own.
Everyone else is a gray area and no one has an exclusive on righteousness. If they dig deep enough they will be able to manufacture enough dirt on any one of us so that we might not be fit for office. Everyone of us since you are, I guarantee you my friend, no saint. Fortunately I don't ask you to be a saint to be a friend, a human who I will address and treat according to that high bar required by my own conscious &Christ who provides my examples.
edit on 1-11-2012 by newcovenant because: Religious zealotry removed so as not to turn off my atheist friends.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Annee

Do me a favor please. Do not ever lecture me about conservatives and how they mistreat women.

No they seem to get caught on the downlow with men.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hmmmm, never heard of him.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Do me a favor please. Do not ever lecture me about conservatives and how they mistreat women.

No they seem to get caught on the downlow with men.

Don't forget little boys...!

I exaggerate, they were 16.

Rep Foley Quits in Page Scandal

The resignation rocked the Capitol, and especially Foley's GOP colleagues, as lawmakers were rushing to adjourn for at least six weeks. House Majority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) told The Washington Post last night that he had learned this spring of inappropriate "contact" between Foley and a 16-year-old page. Boehner said he then told House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.). Boehner later contacted The Post and said he could not remember whether he talked to Hastert.

edit on 1-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
On it's own, this would be a non story however a few things...one, he is denying it ever happened. two,these er a ladies claim he lied to them and didn't pay them properly. three, he was very vocal about the secret service prostitute scandal.

I honestly do not see any connection to this story of a single man with prostitutes and the secret service compromising the president.

just because hookers are involved in both - - - does not mean the 2 stories connect.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

No they are not setting an example for me. I have others in my life setting the good examples.

Great. Hopefully we all do.

These people are there to do a job. While we pry into private lives nothing gets done. Do things people want. Thats all I ask in addition to your extracurricular affairs. No I don't really give a crap those are issues between men and women, not my elected representative and me. He is there to do a job and I am judging him or her on how well they do it.

You can deny this all you want to, however the lives of public officials often crosses over into their work, so they are not always on the job, and quite often do these things while earning a salary that is paid by tax payers. You should give a crap, unless you don't pay taxes.

Clear and undisputed proof of perverted or bad characters will be disqualified on their own.
Everyone else is a gray area and no one has an exclusive on righteousness. If they dig deep enough they will be able to manufacture enough dirt on any one of us so that we might not be fit for office. Everyone of us since you are, I guarantee you my friend, no saint. Fortunately I don't ask you to be a saint to be a friend, a human who I will address and treat according to that high bar required by my savior Jesus Christ. He sets my examples and asks me to forgive others trespasses as I myself am forgiven. Can you believe I believe that stuff? Can you believe I take the Lords prayer to heart. It is the whole of the Book.

I know I am no Saint. That is not the point here...it's not only about what they do while in office, it's sometimes about what they do, that they think they are getting away with, on the tax payers dollar.

I am a Christian by the way, and while we can forgive the sins of others, we are not expected to let those sinners rule other peoples lives.

link   

reply to post by JacKatMtn

Senator Bob Menendez was part of that team that toured hurricane damage today in NJ with Barack Obama and Gov. Chris Christie.

Good Grief can't these people get a girlfriend?

link   

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Pretty obvious who really wages a war on women and has zero respect for them. Add to that his cheating them out of money he promised in advance. I mean who cares about a couple of stupid foreign whores, right?

Why are you making this into a political issue of war on women?

Conservatives: want to overturn Roe vs Wade - - close Planned Parenthood - - stop free birth control for women - - etc.

Those are real issues - - - against personal rights of women.

Get a grip!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
None of this shocks me anymore, I live in a political town and used to clean a state senators apartment, nasty human beginnings these people are, rotten to the core.

Powerful people in high places, the LAW makers and those that dictate our future, disgust me.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
. . . but since he is a Democrat it really doesn't matter. Democrats don't usually vote on "family values" or "religious morals", so when a Dem is found doing something like this, it isn't a conflict of his positions or values. Now when a Republican who brands themselves as a Moral Authority gets caught doing something like this, it does harm them because they are exposed for being a fraud.

I like your point.

You are right - - with the conservatives its more about the hypocrisy then the actual act.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join