It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share your stories about Stupid people/idiots/ During Hurricane Sandy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well this just blew my mind as myself and the wife observed what was part of the hurricane but not really a hurricane to you folks south of us.

Our city recorded the highest winds in Canada during the storm, they peaked at 123 KPH here so not really much of a show but to us here you can keep your bloody storms down south. That translates to about 75 MPH.

After Two and a half days of wind and rain we will take the tornado any day
At least with a Tornado it is all over in minutes and you climb out of your basement to asses the damage.

Not so with this freeking storm, now we live in Sarnia Ontario to give you a google hint.

Ok to my stupidity post, We never slept all night because of the trees falling all around our home here.

Lots and lots of mature red and white oaks that are probably 80 years old or so.

Fist thing in the morning we check all the windows and can't see a thing really because they are papered in leaves and debris.

Next I open the front curtains/sheers that face our road out front and see that a power line to our neighbours house is hanging across the street at about 4 feet high.

Now this power line is more or less white, as we stand there a car comes down our street lickity split and I am saying out loud STOP STOP STOP STOP.

No good, this driver just plows into the live line and only hits the brakes when about 12 feet from it and that was too late.

This vehicle hits the wire and the sparks start to fly big time ........I mean big time.

The car stops and I am thinking the driver must know don't touch anything metal and just sit tight which is the way to go when live power lines contact your metal vehicle.

Not here, the driver goes forward for about 10 feet or so and the sparks really fly, then reverses because the wire is caught up in the bumper, then once that is freed goes forward once more and on its way....

What this idiot left was a snaking sparking killer wire in the middle of the road........

We had no idea idiots of this caliber existed..

Perhaps I should have posted this in the Rant section.

Looking forward to some re-assurance of our stupidity from other posters.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Typical american anti social behavior... or should I say big city behavior?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

Did you catch this wasn't in the U.S.?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

It was infact typical Ignorant Canadian behavior that we observed and not of our kind neighbours to the south of us.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

That was me
...just kidding.The only thing that got my goat was all my neighbors crap from his yard ending up in mine.Two days before I warned him about high winds but he did nothing.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I don't believe the poster even read my post, but you never know.

Regardless thanks for clarifying that this event did not happen in the USA.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I never said that, I just said it was typical american behavior, and with Canada being so close to America, they have embraced the degenerate american morals and behavior.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
He was stupid to ignore you and continue into the wire, however, would YOU just sit there? takes a lot of nerve to just sit there with umpteen thousand volt cable crackling about on the roof, and attempting to get out would be even more dangerous. I wasnt there so dont fully appreciate the situation but I can see why he kept going.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by Iwinder

That was me
...just kidding.The only thing that got my goat was all my neighbors crap from his yard ending up in mine.Two days before I warned him about high winds but he did nothing.

Right you are, we spent all day sunday stowing stuff away, most of our neighbours did the same but the guy right behind us left almost all of his summer stuff out back.

A lot of it ended up in our yard and a lot of it ended in our neighbours yards...

I am waiting for him to ask me to hand it back over the fence, like heck I will he can drive around the block and pick it up if it is so important to him now....( raining big time here) I don't like rain

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
He was stupid to ignore you and continue into the wire, however, would YOU just sit there? takes a lot of nerve to just sit there with umpteen thousand volt cable crackling about on the roof, and attempting to get out would be even more dangerous. I wasnt there so dont fully appreciate the situation but I can see why he kept going.

I ended up in my PJ's sitting in the middle of the road in my truck blocking traffic waiting for the fire department.

When they showed up about 10 minutes later they closed the whole street off, when we got talking the one firefighter said " that is the most stupidest thing you can do"

That quote is for the driver of the car.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Just to add to this thread that if you think you know what you are doing with regards to electricity and its powerful nature check out this link below.

Our sympathies to everyone involved in this tragic incident that happened just blocks from our home here.

www.cbc.ca...

That is why the guy or gal was an idiot to drive off like that...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I ended up in my PJ's sitting in the middle of the road in my truck blocking traffic waiting for the fire department.

When they showed up about 10 minutes later they closed the whole street off, when we got talking the one firefighter said " that is the most stupidest thing you can do"

That quote is for the driver of the car.

Regards, Iwinder

I agree, I was just pointing out how difficult it must be to just sit and remain in a METAL box knowing its wired to the grid.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

"I agree, I was just pointing out how difficult it must be to just sit and remain in a METAL box knowing its wired to the grid."

Indeed I have never experienced that fear either, I don't wish to and hope we never do here.

I hear what you are saying.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here is an example that makes me wonder a bit.
www.nytimes.com...

How many trees have to fall around you before you take notice?

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

join