It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There an Energy Conspiracy? Where is the SOLAR power?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am posting this here because I believe there is an energy conspiracy involving government agencies, power companies and oil cartels. Where is the Solar power ( wind or magnetic )?

Aside from my feelings being mine, the opinions I have are open for discussion. I am suggesting that we could do more than we have as a World to combat this issue.

I really feel badly for people that lose power during disasters. I feel bad for anyone that has to deal with adversity of any kind. I feel worse for those that have no control over their environment. Children, animals and people in hospitals ( through no fault of their own ), that are under the care of other adults.

The power issue, though, is one that I want to address. We have had the technology for many years to implement other forms of energy. Solar, Wind and Magnetic. We have had the means to make this available worldwide to all. Yet, we have been lazy in our insistence. Green technology is a step in the right direction, but it does not eliminate our dependency on electricity ( coal, gas, oil ).

While I feel there is uses for other forms of energy, Solar seems to be the most readily available. There is an abundance. Every single adult that is living today has had the ability to further this through legislation and protests to each government in the world. The United Nations could enact certain regulations. Why do they just have to stick their noses in every war? The technology exist to use Solar power. Certainly, it is more cost effective and safer, but they make it so expensive to set up. Why is that? I think we all know why. Greed.

Children are the ones I worry about the most. They have no control of adult behaviors. They have to look forward to the future. What kind of world are we going to hand them? Right now, a miserable one. Is that fair to them? No. We all need to wake up and start putting pressure on our governments to start making the effort to enact legislation that makes it possible to afford Solar technology. Tell them to make all Traffic lights and street lights operate on Solar power. Tell them to instruct all hospitals to start operating on Solar power. Tell them to make the power companies allow people to have this power source. They have the technology and need to be compelled to share it readily. They will have to make their money without a controlling monopoly that we are all bound to. Don’t pay your electric bill, how long before they shut it off? Don’t need a Solar bill.

Never is it more clear to me, than when I turn on the news and see people without power. It is not necessary for this to happen. I can survive without power, but there are those that require it. Generators are noisy, expensive, run on gas and very few have the ability to operate one safely. Water pumps could be run using other technology, including Solar. Tell the water companies to use other means. Cell phone towers could be Solar or even wind generated. You lose the ability to communicate easily in disasters.

I could say much more about this matter. I think I have made my point.

Take care and much love to all!

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
With progress in super conductive materials we should be looking at free (or at least cheap) renewable energy for consumers very soon. Should being the key word. We probably won't.

Alas greed is the Achilles heel of mankind.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Solar costs too much and isn't as powerful as other means of energy. That's beside the point though. You're not going to get worldwide free energy because of that keyword... it's "free."

You seem to be late to the party though... there has been an energy conspiracy since the days of Tesla.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Cruel fact of life...

Solar panels(photovoltaic) take more energy to make than they can output over their effective lifetime.

There are better systems that are available that will work if scaled appropriately.

One system heats oil via focusing reflectors and then uses the hot oil to generate steam to drive a turbine.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Every country in the world can harness geothermal power simply by digging downwards, its completely free, no pollution, and it'll be there forever. But it wont happen because it'll be hard for them to justify the extortionate prices they want us to pay.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
To answer your original question, l will say the solar panels are being made in China. So are the windmills.

IF the panels were cheap enough, they would be sold here. Probably at a discount.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Not late to any party, I am very familiar with Tesla, he laid the foundation for how we use electricity, today.

We have had the technology for many years to implement other forms of energy.

He, also, allowed for other forms of energy, but he gave up those patents.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Not every solar panel are made in China, I work with Japanese ones, and with spanish windmills.

But back to the topic, the solar are not productive enough yet. They can't supply a very big city. Of course some extra investement in this and other tecnologies would solve the problem, but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Btw, you are from Maceio. I worked with windmills in northeastern Brazil.
edit on 31-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

If they can spend Trillions of dollars on wars, they can find the way. They just don't want to because they can not control it or tax it if it is free. If they took all the money they spent on the space program, this would be done. it is such a shame.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It sounds nice in theory but it isn't that simple.

Solar power requires the Sun and where I live its mostly Gray skies in the storm season, and most definitely would be clouded over in an approaching storm. It wouldn't help in this situation. My storms don't have 'eyes' where sunny breaks appear in order to charge them.

If there's any conspiracy, it would be about keeping us dependant on their services, not for profit, but to control all energy sources. They can pull off a total blackout any time they need to.
edit on 31-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Cutting the space program does not look a reasonable solution.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I hear you.
Im starting to believe two things are behind this energy conspiracy.
a) wont profit any one other than the people.
b) something to do with our sun.
I dont see why most lighting in a house cant be run on LED's, 12 volt batteries charged thru the day's sun.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Your head is in the right place, and I agree we should be moving away from fossil, and nuclear power sources, but wind and solar power would get destroyed by a storm as well. They may actually suffer a much worse fate, and need complete replacement after a storm. Nuclear and fossil fuel energy plants aren't the reason electricity goes out it's the power lines. So Even if you had local wind farms or solar cells the lines have to go from panel, to battery, to converter to lines. The lines being the weakest link during storm/disasters.

Not to mention, a wind farm could suffer the same fate as that crane in new york. They are designed to create resistance in the breeze and convert that energy to electricity. Hurricanes/tropical storms will break them into pieces.

Large solar panels meant for supplying electricity for day to day living uses, are REALLY expensive. So the fact that a gust of wind could throw/pickup/smash a panel, it will need replacement. It's costly and may take some time for the replacement to arrive.

Solar panels aren't necessarily that expensive,(I know it seems like a lot) but you need to keep in mind what they are, how long they last and the energy they can provide. Their price is decided by demand, availability and quality. When you think in the terms of the energy it provides, someone decides a value for that potential energy, they then go into the cost of production, so on so on.

I'm dissappointed we don't have more "Green(non fossil/nuclear energy...IE Wind, solar, geothermal,tidal)" energy programs as well. It may take a bit to get to 100%, and it's not going to be a major source of money( this is the number one reason, green energy installations fail, and the reason more people don't want to do it.) Our world is run on how much money we can make, not what we have to spend for the better of everyone.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

The technology exist, I did not say it couldn't be improved.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I never said the technology doesn't exist.

If it is improved upon it would be cheaper, that seems to be your blight.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Solar for the most part doesn't give a good EROI (Energy return on energy invested).

img.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, the capital returns are not the same as oil, coal and other energy sources.

---

However, there are some very large projects that are seeking to change the current model for solar. Project Helios in Greece is one. And the DESERTEC project (link here) if it ever takes off will be another.

One of the biggest problems with solar too, is that in conditions that are good for harvesting solar, usually these locations are way to far outside of where the energy is going to be used. In traditional grid loss, load transport, you are automatically losing 6-8%, and this goes much higher with distance. Given that prime solar locations are far outside of demand areas, this means a much higher loss in load transfer.

However, this is being addressed also with HVDC transport.

(Looks like Edison might win the war of the currents after all.)

HVDC

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

They use generators because our current battery technology is absolutely horrible. One of the many problems with alternative energy is where exactly to store it.

Batteries lose charge even when they're not being use. They waste a lot of their charge on excess heat. And when they are being used they just can't hold enough juice.

Take a laptop battery for example. They usually hold maybe 2 or 3 hours of charge? But if you buy a defective one they can explode and burn your face off. Literally, seriously, Google it. They just can't hold anymore charge with our current technology. And they're already EXPLODING. I'm not sure we should even be trying to cram them with more power.

That's why we use generators with fuel. The fuel itself is a battery. Oil is like the best battery ever. It can hold a charge for millions of years. Doesn't give off excess heat unless it's being used. And it gives off a LOT of power. We haven't invented anything close to it yet in that regard.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I read a bunch of excuses being offered. The energy exist and it is not being utilized to the degree it needs to be. 50 or more years have been wasted and we still don't have this problem solved for one reason. GREED.

They have the battery technology, they have everything they need, but if they did this where would the need for oil go?

They can put 300 satellites in orbit, they can send crap to Mars, a space station in orbit, etc. Do not tell me they can't make this technology available for any reason. There is absolutely no worthy excuse. Greed is not worthy.

You are telling me that the reason is because the power is not adequate, the solar panels are to big and expensive, etc. Hey guess what? That is part of the conspiracy. They want you to eat this crap. So, you won't call for changes.

I am saying wake up and tell your GOVT's that you are tired of the lies and propaganda they feed you about all the reasons why these things are not financially sound ideas. They blow Billions of dollars on crap! Greedy bastards all of them and selfish to the core.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Cruel fact of life...

Solar panels(photovoltaic) take more energy to make than they can output over their effective lifetime.

There are better systems that are available that will work if scaled appropriately.

One system heats oil via focusing reflectors and then uses the hot oil to generate steam to drive a turbine.

Not true Solar actually has a net energy gain... cleantechnica.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

They have the battery technology.

Well if they have the battery technology, they're keeping it secret for now. So far the public does not have said technology. Unless you think you can build it. Then I would recommend starting a battery company.

As for solar and wind? People install solar panels and windmills every day. It's not like we're not using them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join