It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Just Another Shotgun: The SRM-1216 May Be What You're Looking For

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Saiga shotguns are drooly weapons as well. Love them. Extremely reliable and built on AK concepts.

I just don't like the drum mag.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

If you're an AR lover I recommend my two threads on the subject:

The Sig Sauer M400 Tactical Carbine

And

How To Enhance Your AR Platform Rifle

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm for the Kel-Tec shot gun...just can't seem to get one - even the local dealers have some on back order for themselves. 4 cylinders of diff shots is kind of a turn off - only need 2 - close quarter and not so close quarter. A semi auto shot gun with 4 diff shots will req 4 diff pressure thingies. A pump gun req's no pressure settings. As for those door breecher rounds-a sledge or ram works just as fine (but I'm not law enforcement, think they just use enough oomph to disrupt a door jam). Now with 14 rounds vs 16, with the KSG in a bullpup config - 18.5 inch barrel with less profile than the SRM-1216 16 shot...KSG wins hands down. But the 16 SRM-1216 has a detachable cylinder for 'quick' reloads...FPS Russia, TNP, and Hickok45 all need to do reviews on these guns, guns side by side, for an accurate demo....since they seem to be able to get the guns in hand thanks to their youtube connections.

But, if they are more available than the Kel-Tec KSG... I'm game. Wife will hate it, but it's whatever.

Ty for the post though.

-CN

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thanks, but I'll stick with my 12ga pump...can't get more reliable then that. And why would you need freakin 16 rounds for?! Good grief, it's a shotgun; you should be able to hit them with one run even if you were blind...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I'll stick with my old savage pump shotgun. Why does anyone need more than that?

Not only, but pump is more reliable than auto. Without starting a big old argument, the positive action of the manual slide versus auto is more jam free operation, especially with 12gauge shells. So theres that.

Then theres the hit probability factor. I mean if you can't hit what you are shooting at with a couple of rounds of shot, you aren't going to live long enough to fire any more. More rounds does not guarantee you hit your target. In fact it tends to burn ammo, surely a valuable commodity when saving your skin.

Lastly, unless you are delusional about the Zombie Apocalypse, you don't really hope to kill anyone unless you really have to right? Nothing and I mean nothing speaks volumes in the dark more than the sound of a 12 gauge pump...

TCHK TCHK!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
People seem to have the impression that more shell capacity is better. If I am trying to hit something with a single shot gun, I tend to make sure I am aiming better because I know the animal may be gone before I reload. I watch these police shows where they are shooting and shooting and nobody gets hit. I wonder to myself how that can be
If I shoot something I usually hit it. To me, a scope narrows your vision, I use open sights so I can see what is going on all around. I don't want to miss a hunter in the background or walking into the line of fire. I'm not into shooting cars coming down the road either. You may miss something like that when focusing on a deer through a scope with one eye closed. Safety first in my book.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

My sentiments exactly. I'll stay with my old Winchester Automatic my dad left me. And my Winchester Pump. I have a couple others as well, Remington 1100, Old Stevens single shot 12gauge, cut off to legal limit. Other ways to spend that $2,500 bucks.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
KSG if you need differentiation in ammo.
Saiga if you just need to get er done.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
At the price it's going for, it's not worth it.

That is a good deal of cash on a shotgun. And why do you need that many rounds? Unless you're planning on shooting up a school/workplace, the need for that many shells is kinda moot. Most shotguns have a capacity of 4-8, that's usually enough to end any close quarters needs which they are used for.

Also, I believe the reviews of the gun thus far have said it has some negative issues, definitely more than one would expect on a gun that price.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
At the price it's going for, it's not worth it.

That is a good deal of cash on a shotgun. And why do you need that many rounds? Unless you're planning on shooting up a school/workplace, the need for that many shells is kinda moot. Most shotguns have a capacity of 4-8, that's usually enough to end any close quarters needs which they are used for.

Also, I believe the reviews of the gun thus far have said it has some negative issues, definitely more than one would expect on a gun that price.

So the only reason to have higher capacity is because I'm planning to kill a school full of kids? I'm not following your logic here.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

It takes a lot of shooting to get used to a gun. I grew up with my guns, they feel like part of me when I have them in my hands. To get as good as I am with my 22, I would have to shoot everyday for years. I can trim the branches off a tree with it at fifty feet......Well, maybe not anymore, my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be when I was a kid

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That hic up as he put it. Made him vulnerable for almost to long. In a bad situation a lil panic in the mix and that would suck.

For me if something interrupts full confidence firing besides my decision making, fire don't fire ? Then it isn't smooth enough. Of course I haven't had an opportunity and certainly won't turn one down if it shows.

I also agree the price seems heavily excessive.
edit on 2-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I agree 100%. I had a saiga with the 5rnd, 10rnd mags and the 20 drum. I sold it and got a pump. It may be "reliable" in the sense of the AK platform with dirt and mud etc. But I experienced way too many failure to ejects, and failure to load even after 1000's of rounds, new gas puck, polishing etc. Also if you leave it loaded, without modifying it/the mag, the top round in the mag deforms and will not load. I want peace of mind with my weapons, not worrying whether or not it's gonna stove pipe after 1 shot and then I'm screwed.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jacknast76

Also if you leave it loaded, without modifying it/the mag, the top round in the mag deforms and will not load. I want peace of mind with my weapons, not worrying whether or not it's gonna stove pipe after 1 shot and then I'm screwed.

Exactly. Especially when you need it the one time in your life. At night, in the dark, half asleep. One other, if your gauge has a mag. extension that holds say 8 rounds, load five or six. Saves on the spring tension and "deforming the crimp" at top of rounds. Goes for rifle mags too. If you have a thirty round magazine, load twenty five, Pistol mags. also short load two or three rounds. NO compacted springs please. Your life depends on those little details.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The 1216 and the Xrail look kinda heavy. The Xrail could use bipod, and maybe a remote fire set up.

A bullpup xrail must be the next new gun.

The Kel Tec looks to be hard to shoot. Its small size is an obvious advantage. I bet it kicks to a bruise. Short length makes it harder to keep on target. Catch-22, it needs alot of practice but practice will burn out your shoulder. If it suits you though, the Kel Tec is the most moblie and fastest to use. First shot is a big advantage.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Now that is one heck of a shotgun! Something like that is perfect for a close change high damage situation. You could shoot on the move and not worry about the gun giving a bunch of recoil. It opens up the battle field a lot more. Any military force would have a hard time dealing with a small group of soldiers all packing this shotgun.

I cannot think of thing other weapon off hand to combat this weapon in close combat except maybe hand grenades.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I like his videos but I hate when him and others use tanerite in their targets. The sheeple watching think that these firearms blow up stuff and then think wow who should own one. Still good vids.

Gs

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circumstance

Thanks, but I'll stick with my 12ga pump...can't get more reliable then that. And why would you need freakin 16 rounds for?! Good grief, it's a shotgun; you should be able to hit them with one run even if you were blind...

Zombie hoards.. of course.

I too will stick to my Mossberg 500... but I sure do really covet that AA-12

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
For those of you drooling over the KSG, I have only one thing to say:
Neener-neener, I got mine two weeks and three hundred some odd rounds ago!

I'm not a shot gun guy, its the third one I own, but, if another fell my way, I'd take it. The recoil is on par with my s&w 3000 or the 870 from work, but its much more straight back into the shoulder. Seems like its less somehow. Only real problem I've encountered is if you short stroke it, it'll not feed at all. Just make a sad, dissapointing "click" with the next pull of the trigger.
One day soon, I'll type up an honest to goodness review of it for yall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join