It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OHIO - Problem found at board of elections

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yet another faulty machine? Hmmmm...several states had similar issue now OHIO? Definitely they're rigged. Its definitely seems to be a programmatic attempt to convince voters indirectly to vote for Obama by using sheer annoyance and in the hopes that the vote gives up the selection and votes for the default.

MARION — Joan Stevens was one of several early voters at the polls on Monday. But when Stevens tried to cast her ballot for president, she noticed a problem.
Upon selecting “Mitt Romney” on the electronic touch screen, Barack Obama’s name lit up.
It took Stevens three tries before her selection was accurately recorded.
LINK

Your thoughts/comments/viewpoint/opinions please.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Your thoughts/comments/viewpoint/opinions please.
The Excuses begin.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
Like I really believe anecdotal republican war stories..
Believe what you want as this not coming from the big MSM outlets. Its local marion county link.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
From reading the article, I don't think I would go as far to say the machine was rigged. We all know computer and electronic equipment can glitch-out from time to time.

It was only one machine and it was fixed. Now if we have more and more machines continue to have this problem, then we should start to ask questions.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thank God my parents had the foresight to move out of Ohio before I was born.

All my relatives from both sides are still there and have been there since the 1800s.

Hard to believe some counties in Ohio still have Diebold voting machines. Apparently each county is responsible for how they vote.

If this reporter learns to use two magic words, the dance of the election officials may reach star billing. These two words, "Impossible Numbers", were coined into election lingo by the articulate Richard Hayes Phillips (author of WITNESS TO A CRIME, a book detailing impossible numbers in Ohio's 2004 election). www.blackboxvoting.org...

edit on 31-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here we go.

en.wikipedia.org...

[MOD EDIT: the above link is to a Wikipedia page on "Anecdotal Evidence".
Note to member: when posting links, please provide details of what they are about. Thank you. JustMike, Forum Moderator.]
edit on 2/11/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

My honest opinion?

Every time I use a busy cash machine there seems to be an idiot who doesn't know what button to push, can't read the screen, hits the wrong thing and has to go back again...

I think 90% of these stories (from the left or right) are probably from people who can barely use technology, become flustered, don't pause to think about what they're doing, or just want to scream about the "good old days" where they went to market on a donkey and spent their evenings making lace doilies by the fire

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Like I really believe anecdotal republican war stories..
Believe what you want as this not coming from the big MSM outlets. Its local marion county link.

And? It's an anecdotal fairytale.
Sure...thats why the POTUS is so determined to win in OH?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree. The percentage of folks who are not technical savvy might have some issues. However how many incidents have been reported in NC, CO, OH, CA etc with such incidents with similar scenario where it keeps going back to the opposite party despite folks selecting multiple times.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Republicans have been trying their hardest to suppress votes in ohio, so ask them.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Some of this might be what is commonly termed 'fat finger'.

Not that I trust electronic voting.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Republicans have been trying their hardest to suppress votes in ohio, so ask them.
Its a two way street. Libs have been trying to use intimidation with their voters. Dont need to ask anyone. One too many cases and complaints have popped up around different states.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Some of this might be what is commonly termed 'fat finger'.

Not that I trust electronic voting.
Upto certain extent it is believable. However voting officials were notified in all the cases and indeed it was a machine issue.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
That is odd, I really thought it would have come up Mitt Romney instead of Obama.

I say this because Tag Romney is invested in the same voting machines that are in use in Ohio this year.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Happens to both parties?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
That is odd, I really thought it would have come up Mitt Romney instead of Obama.

I say this because Tag Romney is invested in the same voting machines that are in use in Ohio this year.

He's not the only one personally connected to certain voting machines in certain district.

Each district (or county) in Ohio handles their own voting -- apparently.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Might be true but all it takes is a techie to re-work the interface on a machine. However the issue has surfaced in multiple states thus far for it to be isoalted as a glitch.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
All of these stories have one thing in common, they are all touchscreen voting machines. I have setup several touchscreen devices. The areas that are the buttons that you touch are mapped in the program. I would like to see the mapping part of the program for these machines. I am willing to bet that the Obama button is quite a bit larger than the Romney button. Who knows how many people cast votes for Obama when they actually wanted Romney. If someone catches it, it is a convenient excuse to say that the machine is out of calibration. The funny thing here is that nobody has complained that they voted for Obama and the machine selected Romney. I'm pretty sure that if that happened it would be national news. If it is TRULY a calibration error then there should be some machines giving the vote to Romney when Obama is selected. Go figure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join