last resort foods ...... what do you imagine they are????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It'd be pretty gnarly but my neighbor used to drive the "grease truck" that cleaned the grease out of all the fast food locations nearby. My damn dog used to go lick the truck so I've always figured if your really close to starvation you could eat some fast food grease trap delight. I have worked a bit of fast food and on closer inspection those things do get more foul than you'd expect tho.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sencald7

or, crazy idea....buy a book about edible plants that you can carry with you if you don't have electricity.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

I've already got two of 'em.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
People in Nazi-occupied Europe started mixing sawdust with their potatoes in pancakes etc. Eventually they were just eating sawdust....

There is a whole staircase of foods in descending order. The trouble is, those steps lead down to the basement of human existence.... Donner Party, "The Hunger," etc.

Western civ is awash in free food just lying around, and I'm sure the crowds will do a lot of raiding before it gets anywhere NEAR you and your pets.

Grocery Stores
Retail stores that don't specialize in food but have snacks at the checkout counter
Restaurant freezers and supply rooms
places with a restaurant attached: bowling alleys, bars, office break rooms, airport lounges
warehouses for food sellers
School cafeterias
Hospital and nursing home cafeterias.
Jail commissaries

Then comes "found foods"

pet / livestock feed
hunting/trapping
fishing / trot line / netting
farmers' fields
neighbors' gardens
neighbors' pantries and caches
vermin
pets

Nutritive cannibalism is extremely rare, and "murder for a meal" practically non-existent. By the time people are that desperate, they've fallen far below 500 calories per day in their diet, and so are filled with lassitude and ennui. This means they lack the motivation, drive and simple strength to go there.

Primal cultures universally connect cannibalism with malicious sorcery and witchcraft. Native American traditions like the Navajo link cannibalism with incest and evil magic. Cannibalism was believed in Europe to be the cause of lycanthropy and vampirism.

Good luck with that.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join