It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's Can Cause Air Accidents?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
US News and World report released an article on Oct. 19, suggesting that UFO's could be an aviation nusance.
usnews.com/news/articles/201210/19/ufo-sightings-pose-danger-to- aviation

Thousands of unidentified flying objects are reported each year by the public. The fascination with UFOs has become a fixture of contemporary culture and a staple for science fiction writers and supermarket tabloids. But in response to the central question—are they alien spacecraft?—most officials and academics dismiss the idea of extraterrestrial visitations as unlikely in the extreme.

Yet an increasing number of researchers and public officials say the subject of UFOs is long overdue for more serious treatment. They're a "mystery that science needs to engage in," argues journalist Leslie Kean, who spent over a decade interviewing former military officers, government officials, scientists, and eyewitnesses while accessing previously classified government records for her 2010 book UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go On the Record.
Text

Joking about UFO's not existing is like saying that Benghazi never happened. What is it about human nature and its ability to dismiss evidence? Yet, even in this article it is suggested that 5 percent of all UFO sightings are not explainable. Like so many others, it is easy for a journalist to easily dimiss sightings as attached flares or an optical illusion.
Have they ever seen one? Sometimes, yes but oftentimes no. I would argue that preprejudice has affected the viewpoint and that we might not be getting all information when such sightings occur.
Some sightings, probably most are obviously a hoax. However, I have seen a UFO myself. It was many years ago at Michigan State University. Many students saw it. It was a bright light shining during the day. As we watched a smaller, red light came down and dangled evenly from the mother light.
The person I was with and I called a professor at the time and asked him if it sounded like this was a weather balloon. He said, "No." He didn't know what it was.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/11/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny10

When you say UFO's do you mean visiting alien craft or just things in the air that are not identified at the time?

edit on 31-10-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The fact is as that UFO's have and still are effecting aircraft via diversions near misses etc. To deny this and the evidence prooving it is just ignorant, I mean the people flying planes ain't dumb and neither are the thousands of reports over the years some by leaders of countries, generals, policemen the list goes on

Also people are programmed to think UFO=Alien they could be ours, russian, martian, superman or people from the middle of the Earth, maybe even not living. All we know is that UFO means it's not Identified, The fact remains though they are up there and the can cause problems

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Already being discussed in this thread.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Leslie Kean is selling her new book.

As far as the "danger" goes, the worry is about pilot distraction.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

As far as the "danger" goes, the worry is about pilot distraction.

That and pilots jerking the wheel because they think they're about to collide with something and throwing the passengers all over each other. And also nearby UFOs causing instruments to malfunction.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

That's not what the article says.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I believe the article referred to either one. That if a pilot is distracted by a strange maneuvering it could cause a poor choice. Personally, I think the idea needs to be addressed. It's rare but it happens. One person in the article was a man who was flying around with balloons tied to his chair.
Surprised the pilot, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

I believe you are right. The concept of UFO's needs to be taken more seriously. We are all aware that modern science has discovered more than three dimensions, as many as 11. Also strange occurrences happen. One recent UFO looked a lot like the inside of the Hadron Collider. It's really weird but even time travel is a possibility. I have a great imagination so it isn't difficult for me to think of this. Unfortunately, the imagination as a form of intelligence is not well recognized. But if not thinking outside of the box, little is left to discover or improve the world with.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Orkojoker

That's not what the article says.

No argument there. One of the people quoted in the article discussing the potential hazards was Richard Haines, who wrote a paper on the topic entitled Aviation Safety in America: A Previously Neglected Factor.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

And does Leslie Kean have a new book out? I'll have to look for it. The one she published in 2010 was quite good.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

This is bogus.

I have studied the data. There are remarkable things, but this isn't one of them.

If we want to get techinical they hypnotically suggest a person to drive off the road.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Topic already being discussed here.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join