It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the frack can I drink the water anymore? You can't filter out radiation.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
A dirty secret about our water....

We live in a closed ecosystem...a world-wide terrarium if you will.

The water we drink has been recycled many, many, many, times in our atmosphere....

....it has been thru radioactive aquiifers

...sat for long periods in cesspools

...been filtered thru camel's kidneys

...and moistened dinosaur dung

...it doesn't matter if you pee in the pool or in the toilet....it's all the same

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Radioactivity is a characteristic of certain natural and man made heavy metals. As other posters have pointed out, there are ways of filtering these out of water. The Japanese, years before Fukushima, developed technology to filter Uranium out of sea water, a sort of aquatic mining operation using specially designed filters.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You'll never know if the rad is there, no one will ever tell you. You'll never have recourse, as no one will ever agree it was their fault. You'll never be able to convince anyone with authority there is a problem. The gov will just change the standards to include any and all rad levels as safe. The rad is here to stay, and it will get much, much worse as the sea fills up with more and more.

Water is alive, rad, fluoride, chloramine, chlorine, meds, pesticides and on and on all kill the water beyond repair. And while you can "filter" some stuff out, the only way to get much or most out is distilling. Have fun, you can't practically distill your shower or bath water, as such, you breathe in the lovely "it is all safe" stuff every time you shower. Worse, every food product you consume is made with tap water from the local area, every soda, every soup, every pasta, every yogurt, if it has water, it is tap/poison. While a couple of diehard health nuts might keep their drinking water perfect in some way, the reality is everyone they know isn't or can't.

The rad, tritium-cesium-uranium-DU-etc. will just cycle through us, never really going away, oh sure some will stick in each human body and cause illness and spiritual death, slow spiritual death, but for the most part these chemical enhancements will just keep going round and round, mixing and blending with each other, from fish to human, from celery to human, from cow to human with the lifeless water being nothing more then a carrier agent. All the while the faceless agencies designed to protect the corporations will tell us every chemical has been tested and is healthy - "see we have reports, science reports!"

1900 the food and water were as they should be. 100 years later, good intentioned folks have poisoned it all, the fluoride solution being the most hideous of all efforts as it was fully and completely a spiritual killer from the start, the rest is just piling it on mostly because those can create these chemicals simply do not care at all, not one bit, about me or you.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
You can always buy bottled water from Fiji.

Why, has Fukushima not polluted the rain that drops on the Island of Fiji? ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

I didn't follow the links, but...water doesn't hold radiation. If you have water with particles in it, those particulates can be radioactive.

Anyhow, reverse osmosis is the way to go for water filtration, but yeah, air and water don't hold radiation, but particulates which have been contaminated floating in the air or water do. Filter them out, and you filter out the radiation.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
Don't eat the bananas!!

Cancer with every bite, I tell you. . .

Are you being serious or just kidding? I just read the other day that when bananas get those black spots on them, they actually fight cancer!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Bottled water with no calcium or magnesium may lead to health problems!

Radiation seems to be the inescapable devil that may lead to the demise of millions.
I have kept an eye on RadiationNetwork.com since Fukushima:

Cool map and website Thanks.

It seems in many places - the closer you are to nuclear plants or multiple nuclear plants, the higher the local radiation is. That is frightening. it seems to indicate radiation leaks at those plants.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think this article relates to eric's original post quite nicely.

Pennsylvania Report Left Out Data on Poisons in Water Near Gas Site

And folks can say what they want about reverse osmosis, it is good for taking just about anything out of the water. But, I worked as a plumber for 45 years and having worked on an island community that for a long time used reverse osmosis plant for their water. The island was old enough to where they used copper piping, the pipes were being eaten from the inside out. I spent years replacing those systems with plastic pipe. There is a reason why you must run reverse osmosis water thru plastic. It sucks the metal out of metal piping, since the water itself now contains no metal. Our biological system needs minute amounts of metal and my feeling is this water removes that from our systems. I for one will not drink reverse osmosis water for that reason. After seeing what it does to metal piping, there is no way I would put that stuff in my body.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
EASY! It's nice to find a thread where one can answer the problem straight.

Almost every known radioactive isotope known is INSOLUABLE. About the only exception is Iodine.

HOWEVER, the half-life of Iodine is only about 8.5 days, hence, if you leave water to stand for a coupel of months, the radiation will be pretty much gone and all you will have to do to drink it is to boil it to kill all the bugs that grew in it over the last 60 days.

CASE CLOSED!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
There's a major problem with this story. If you read the permit document at the bottom of the news article it clearly states that the disposal water was brine drilling water. It wasn't fracturing fluids. So the entire news article is a fear-mongering misreport of what is going on. Fracturing fluids that would need to be disposed of wouldn't even have been down the wellbore. Therefore, they wouldn't have been exposed to any radioactive geological formations. Also, if you read the permit, fracturing fluids would not pass the BOD limitations because fracturing fluids contain high amounts of starch (they contain the same thing that makes your salad dressing "gel")...your salad dressing wouldn't meet that BOD limitation either, by the way.

This is saltwater drilling fluids that were used to DRILL the wells, not frac them.

A little bit of knowledge and understanding can go a long damned ways.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
And P.S. I'd be upset as well to find out my local POTW accepted saltwater drilling fluids. Believe me when I tell you you would not have anything to worry about if they had accepted a water-based fracturing gel...but the drilling fluids, I can't believe they allowed that to come to their POTW. There are these things called "disposal wells"...THAT is where leftover drilling water is supposed to go....not in the damned sewage treatment plant.

Someone's head needs to roll. Not only for accepting used drilling fluids into the POTW, but then lying and trying to scare people and divert their attention away from the major REAL f**k-up that occurred by blaming the situation on "fracturing fluid". Nice smooth way to say "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join