It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the frack can I drink the water anymore? You can't filter out radiation.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Want a spooky story?

Boo. This is true. No Halloween tale.
Our water is going to fail.
We'll have cancer in a bottle,
Radiation in our taps,
fire from our wells
skulls and cross bones on our maps.

What's wrong with treating fracking water in our munisipal water treatment plants?
Everything!

www.cbc.ca...

Poisoning the water is a legacy which will haunt us for generations to come. In other words. Our children will be made sick.

blogs.philadelphiaweekly.com...

Ohio map of disaster

www.ohio.com...

How about a more direct way to spread radiation more quickly to a wider area?
Let's frack near nuke power plants!
huh...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So what! Right?
You'll just drink bottled water.
I'm sure the brand you buy will draw the water only from the uncontaminated aquifers.

I'm sure they won't poison the aquifers. They're drilling at a whole different level or-er- depth. There's no way the two zones will mix. The drillers have figure it out.

They'll trust the casings.
Because we all know that casings on drilling rigs never break. (cough- BP)

If you think that the oil and gas industry is finished beat the crap out of Lousiana you'd be wrong.

www.thetowntalk.com...

edit on 31-10-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You can always buy bottled water from Fiji.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Bottled water with no calcium or magnesium may lead to health problems!

Radiation seems to be the inescapable devil that may lead to the demise of millions.
I have kept an eye on RadiationNetwork.com since Fukushima:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Don't eat the bananas!!

Cancer with every bite, I tell you. . .

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thanks OP in Australia fracking is fracking happenning everyfracking where.
Another result of this fracking industry is salt water .
That of course is left behind to pison our land.
Between fracking and uranium mining for the Indian nuclear marketplace Australia will soon be known as the land of poisons.
The only remaining safe unpolluted farmland is now owned more and more by the Chinese government....and we thought we were on the winning side....its all about money

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It's not a problem, well just mutate over time into some kind of tentacle stomached being and well have glowing eyes, mouths and feces.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
In theory, bottled water may have more radiation in it than tap water.

Here in the UK they used to advertise Volvic as having percolated for millions of years through French volcanoes - ie through radioactive rock

(Seriously, depends on the source of tap water - but if from rivers or reservoirs its not going to have time to pick up any radiation; in theory, if from deep groundwater it might, although amounts are negligible, compared, say, with flying a few times a year)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

These kind of radioactive water actually has health benefits if consumed correctly, there are many brands of this kind around the world.

Most of bottled waters are not radioactive, plus mineral water has much more benefits to your health. I have never drunk tap water in my life.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

I prefer real spring water that costs £0.00p gallon. Straight from the spring or burn. But I'l use tap as an aternative. Rather than processed spring water (they can't just bottle it - it has to be 'purified' first to meet health and safety regulations) that costs more than petrol and is probably one of the biggest and most successful/profitable cons in history.

The only differnce between someone drinking tap water and someone only drinking bottled water is that the former has more money.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The diference is not only money, since tap water have a horrible taste too...and aome other things.
edit on 31-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

I agree, water from a hill stream tastes much better.

But I still prefer 'free' tap water to bland bottled water that simply makes a lot of corporations a lot of money. And tastes no better (IMO).

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well, we disagree on that. I like drinking from a fancy bottle lol. Water companies are not exactly big corporations too, only coca-cola and nestle, which have terrible waters.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Depending on area. Flouride, Chlorine, heavy metals and psychiatric medication. Forget tap water.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

You can filter out radiation in theory. The radiation comes from fallout particles, not the water molecules themselves.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I've written several threads about this, and have been saying this for years. Coal is so much more dangerous than any nuclear power plant, or any nuclear accident has ever been. Many years ago I had a list of exposure levels from various activities, from having granite in your house, to an 8 hour flight, to chest x-rays. Living down wind from a coal plant was one of the top ones on the list.

Once I started doing more research, and found the levels of radiation, and what coal plants were putting out in their emissions, it really stunned me. There is everything from cesium, to thorium, and just about every other dangerous type of particle out there. And this was from a "clean" plant.

The sad part is that coal is a necessary evil for now, despite all the radiation it pumps out on a yearly basis, because of the cost that is passed onto the consumer.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is something I've been meaning to look into being on well water where I live.

It's some of the sweetest tasting water, makes wonderful coffee, tea, and makes really great beers when I home brew.

My well is not that deep, only 110 feet. Down the hill and across the road, my neighbor's well is only 57 feet deep.

Wasn't there a thread with a link somewhere to making your own homemade geiger counter? Be interesting to see what it says (I'll either breath a sigh of relief, or drop a brick.....hoping it's the first one).

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

I just tried that. Nothing happened.

But then I don't have what sounds like air spitting out from my lines.

So no natural gas in my water.........I guess I need to check for radiation next, hehehehe.....(that was a nervous chuckle by the way).

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join