Secret to happiness!

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. Mahatma Gandhi

It’s a simple topic, yet one of the most difficult things to master. We strive on a daily bases on how to be happy, it's our ultimate goal in life. Yet no one thought us how to be happy. Our society certainly doesn't support it, yet we think buy buying the next thing, or when we're on vacation next few month, or when certain thing happens.... all "waiting" for the moment of happiness. We're always chasing it and not actually living it. We seek happiness with everything we do, yet somehow we miss the big picture.

Happiness is something everyone wants to have. You may be successful and have a lot of money, but without happiness it’s all meaningless.

So then how do we become happy?

It all starts with a decision. A choice we can ALL make at our own will. The secret is the “decision” to be happy then by “practicing” to be happy. Happiness is a state of mind and so to be able to be “learn” and teach ourselves to be happy we need to commit to practicing it every moment of every day, until it becomes “normal”.

Once it’s normal way of being you, then you see the world in a different color, perhaps we shift from this dimension into another. Our experiences of life changes, our understanding of life becomes clearer and our purpose in life becomes evident, not to mention the amazing physical effects it will have on your body.

How do we practice being happy?

Practice is probably the easiest part of it all, the commitment to practice is the difficult part. One you make a “commitment” to yourself to practice, the next step is start doing it on a daily bases. Everything you do and experience is an opportunity to practice. Let things go, just let them go…. No need to keep this weight on your soul.

If something you can’t change, then accept it, if it’s something you don’t like change it. When someone wrongs you, you be the bigger one and forgive them. Smile! Be kind to others; treat them the way you would want to be treated. Appreciate ALL beings, starting with you. Forgive yourself for all your past, set a vision on how you want to be. Let it all go…. Just drop it… and move on form it…. Set yourself free! No one is holding you back, nor can.... except you!

As you break down the walls of routine you will feel resistance and awkwardness. That feeling of “I will never forgive this person for doing me wrong” is not you… it’s your EGO. It’s a superficial wall we build to protect ourselves in this crazy world… and as more people have more ego, we build ours up. The same goes, if we break down our ego, so will the rest of the world. We’re better than that!

Buddhist monk is the world's happiest manindia.nydailynews.com...

Tibetan monk and molecular geneticist Matthieu Ricard is the happiest man in the world according to researchers at the University of Wisconsin. The 66-year-old’s brain produces a level of gamma waves - those linked to consciousness, attention, learning and memory - never before reported in neuroscience.

The monk, molecular geneticist and confidant of the Dalai Lama, is passionately setting out why meditation can alter the brain and improve people's happiness in the same way that lifting weights puts on muscle. Read more: india.nydailynews.com...

Poison of over thinking?

Do you have a lingering thought… a thought that caused you hurt and anger? Do you sit there a plan all possible outcome of a certain situation? Do you keep rehearsing same situations over and over again and try to find a way to deal with it? All this is the result of over thinking. You may wonder that it’s good to plan everything, to be safe and ready…. Well you’re wrong my friend. I learned this the hard way!

Over thinking leads to depression! The reason being is that you’re always rehearsing situations that are “difficult or negative”, which results in you over thinking. Trying to solve problems is what our schools and culture teaches us, but what we didn’t learn is “the process of solving a problem”, so we end up obsessing over these events which most we can't change.

How do you think you’ll feel when you are constantly thinking negative and troublesome thoughts? Just that… feeling like crap, tired, low energy, lack of compassion and care. No free moments to really appreciate life… too busy with solving everyday problems. STOP! You need to let it all go…. You are capable enough to deal with ANY problem you’re faced with when it happens. Deal with them as they come… stop trying to control a world that you cannot control. Free yourself of these anchors so you can explore the world outside of the box… the true intention of life.

We're all in struggle of control, rather then just being. Move the waves, roll with the punches... stop worrying about all the crap that might happen, because it hasn't happened and when it does, it's just one crap you need to deal with.

Ruminating – a repetitive, passive brooding – can trigger depression, says Yale psychology professor Susan Nolen-Hoeksema, Ph.D

www.lifescript.com...

Trick to stop over thinking?

There is a trick you can try… it worked amazingly for me in my thought times. You may need to tweak it so that it can work for you. Before doing it though… you need to commit yourself to it, it’s hard to get lost in over thinking without even knowing it. So you need to be AWARE of yourself, catch yourself over-thinking and do the following;

1. Visualize in your mind’s eye the “situation” that is bugging you, the negative thoughts, the nagging thoughts
2. See the people, places, smells, sounds, etc… related to this situation
3. Feel what bothers you about it… face it in your mind’s eye
4. Once you see it all and feeling it…. PUSH them away from yourself
5. See the images pushed away… pixelated… becoming blurry… as they move away from you
6. Keep pushing them until you can’t see the images clearly anymore
7. Now burn them in a bright sun light… just burn the images
8. Clear your mind and replace those images, with something that makes you HAPPY!
9. Place a vivid… bold… loud image of love/happiness in front of you

Try it now...

No one is watching...

No seriously... try it now... it takes 30 seconds... the best 30 seconds you have ever spent.

This process may take few minutes to start with, but as you practice it… you can do it in seconds.

I hope this gave you something to think about… that little nudge to help you deal with your day. Practice being happy might be hard at beginning because we’re not used to it, as it becomes part of you over time by practicing it… you’ll feel light, clear minded, free of the bull S#*@ of the world.
It brings us ALL hope, it gives humanity one last chance to fix itself before we’re all lost in the world of noise. It brings unity… Oneness! Perhaps we can then truly experience “life”!

We are all living cells of god! – Alex Grey
[/quote

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
this [AA prayer] has helped many ...

"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change,
courage to change the things we can,
and wisdom to know the difference."

also ... sell your television!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

good read man, hit spot on, on alot of things.
Ill try follow your wise advice
thanks for shareing... Maybe i can finally get rid of this retarded none-stop depression : /

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Try it without crack

2nd

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. Mahatma Gandhi

Wow I like that!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
i always believed that happiness isn't something you can find via either people or things, it's something you can create via people and things. but ultimately you always create it yourself, from yourself to yourself. you never find it anywhere other than yourself to begin with.

obviously happiness can and should be contagious to all.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
How do you know what happiness is unless there's sadness.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnkie

Not a problem my friend... other then the psych aspect of it (which I think is a huge part of depression) there is the physical aspect. I also noticed eating more vegetables then meat had a huge effect on me, not just loosing weight and sleeping better but also it felt like it "balanced" me a bit. It's hard... because I'm a huge meat eater, but again, once you commit to doing something, might as well do it right eh!

It's easy to label something as depression, but it's like an ice berg. What we see is just the tip of it, the majority of the issues causing a problem is what's below the water. Fix that and the rest is fixed

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by UziLiberman

Love it... you're so dead on. Happiness can be contagious, just like anything it needs to start somewhere. I truly believe "being the change you want to see" is how it all starts, otherwise it's just theoretical.

My wife started writing few slogans on a small piece of paper, she leaves by the mirror. She came up five things she needs to remind herself of everyday when getting ready for work... I don't recall what they all were, but the few that stood out to me was .. "Be Grateful, Be Happy and the last one was Smile"

Smile is magical, true Buddhists believe that smiling is a way to say "thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience this moment of life". If we want to take it to the next level, think about where you're third eye is where we see the truth of life, our "intuition" is driven from our third eye.

Now tell me what happens when we frown and get angry? Try it.... and look at yourself in the mirror. Notice how we frown and our skin loos like an eye lid where our third eye is? Now smile.... notice how it removes the wrinkles of your skin as if you're opening your third eye? It's a physical effect, but it might say a lot about our nature of being

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

True that! The Ying and Yang... one can not exist without the other. But I think our world is unbalanced today (and has been for a while)... look around you, take a look around what's happening around the world today... does it seem "fair" ... "balanced"?!

I don't think it is... and so we need to balance it... we need a lot more love/peace and happiness to balance all the crap that's going on. So lets make more Ying/Yang, so we can truly experience the "balance" of life!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I've never really thought about "happiness" in depth as you've laid out. I consider myself a happy go lucky person, but I can't say with any confidence that I am happy.

Being happy is a lot of work if you think about it. No wonder so many of us are miserable! Thanx, that was an eye opener for me. Next time I don't like the clerk in the check out lane, I won't punch her. Just kidding. ;-)

p.s. I've observed that some people can't stand happy people. They will do anything they can to bring them down. I'm not sure what the psychology is there. Your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

You are very welcome. What I call those people are "energy vampires". From my experience those people never practiced being "happy". You are right, it's a lot of work... but only when it's not "normal" way of being. Once we're passed the hard part, then it happens naturally. I personally think that we are ALL born happy (at heart and soul) but how we are raised, the events around us, culture and social deviation dictates our way of being. I don't think there is much we can do with these type of people... I rather not judge them by saying "they're bad people" but instead "they're young souls and are lost".

Two things we can do, demonstrate to them how you are... smile... and show forgiveness. I noticed this only worked when I had my boundaries figured out, otherwise it just becomes very personal. Second thing, well, we need to avoid them. I work with few people like that... I'm always smiling eve though they're miserable. I even noticed they're more attracted to me, but if I'm around them for more then just a short period of time, i noticed I"m getting grumpy.

It's not our job to fix them... but I think there is no harm in showing them the right way, buy being that way. What they do next... is up to them. Some may improve themselves, some will refuse to change. Just careful not to get sucked into the chemistry in more then a short time... it's easy to get lost in there, and always remind yourself... that they're not bad people... just never learned how to be.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

exactly, smiling by itself releases those powerful feel good endorphins in our brain.
happiness is just a jump start to eternal bliss

knowing every emotion and expression of polarity is worth it, be it either pain or joy it's worth being felt and experienced

the key aspect is controlling your emotions not by denying them but instead accepting them and not letting them control you.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UziLiberman

Love it... right on bro! You know what's interesting, in the west we shut down that part of humanity. We don't support it, we say it's "cool" not to 'feel". I think this is part of the so call elites agenda, shut down emotion and you got full control over majority.

See if we are free to feel, express emotions and know our emotional intelligence, do you think we could just grab a weapon and kill some other human beings across the world, because we're "told to do so"? Remove emotions from the equations and you can easily logically manipulate people.

Our eyes can lie to us, our head can be fooled, but our hearts stay true on course. I say it's like an attraction... you can make someone fall in love with you (just impossible) it's a natural chemistry, it's either there or it isn't. It's hard for us to accept it, because we are in constant struggle of control, rather then just accepting life for what it is. Yet at it's core, it's a natural process, because our hearts/soul in capable of lies!

edit on 1-11-2012 by freighttrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Your right about the psychic vampires. Good answer BTW. I find myself at times doing avoidance control from those types. The negative thing about doing that is....I really would like to be around like minds. They seem so few and far apart.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

You weren't born to fit in my friend, you were born to stand out!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The key to happiness is to lean to want only what you need.

Needing to have all that you want is the key to unhappiness.

edit on 2-11-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

exclusive video

top topics

join