It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words that Stuck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Have you ever been told something by someone whether it be a saying, an explanation, and then what they said to you sticks with you for the rest of your life. It pops up in conversations or situations and then you also use the same words because they meant something to you, taught you something & you pass them on.

Some examples:
My father when talking about the newest thing to come out in the news that was good for you and is now bad for you will say “Living will kill you, if you do it long enough”. Yep so true! I think of this saying of his and it for some reason eases my worries.

A friend in trying to explain to me how God could be the Holy Trinity, Three in One, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, told me to consider H2O. H2O is in three forms Water, Ice, Steam but is all H2O. For me it made sense.

A classmate I had in college with a deep southern drawl said when I was teaching him how to tie sailors knots “Why honey, you’re handier than a button on a shirt pocket”. I am not from the south but in my best interpretation of the drawl I have used this with my husband, kids, employees and ya know it makes them feel good every time once they figure it out.

Let me hear some of yours & why they stuck.

edit on 31-10-2012 by SeekingDepth because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekingDepth

Have you ever seen a cat doing that thing where they kneed and pull at fabric, like a blanket, or your shirt?

A friend of mine referred to that as "making biscuits", she's originally from Alabama so there is a bit of a drawl to it even though she normally doesn't have one. It's stuck with me since then.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

How funny like kneading dough. Yes I see that. My southern friend was from Alabama also.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My Gram. When you can't find something that's right in front of your face.

"If it was a snake it woulda bit ya!!"

My cousin gave me his number 10 years ago, I think I've called him twice. Never had to write it down because he said

"It's easy, just remember 69ing when you were 16'" lol odd but memorable!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oh wow...I could list so many..if I could remember them all!
Seems like whenever the occasion calls for a particular saying it just flies out of my mouth automatically like my tongue remembers it better than my brain.Let's see if I can conjure up one...

" Busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin' contest. "

I know I have a dozen at least...floating in the grey matter somewhere.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

I would remember that # also...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Could not quit laughing thinking about that 1 legged butt kickin

top topics

join