It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Halloween!!! Your Favorite Halloween Moments Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well, it's my favorite day of the year again - and I was sitting here thinking of some of my favorite Halloween memories over my lifetime... I have had quite a few. Have you had any funny or even scary Halloween moments that you would like to share? What unforgettable Halloween memories do you have that you think others might find cute, funny or even scary? Do you have a cherished, nostalgic Halloween memory that you want to tell others about? If so, this is the thread for it!

And I hope that everyone out there has a safe and fun Halloween this year.

edit on 31-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

I do remember this one house when I was a kid that scared me to death and wouldn't go near it any year after that.

There was a guy who sat in a chair PERFECTLY still dressed as a scare crow, well when you got close he chased you. lol Talk about dropping your candy and hauling butt!

I always loved Halloween. I like spooky things and I enjoy scaring myself, the dressing up is also fun. I have plenty of Halloween costumes but I won't be doing anything this year. I'll be at home watching some Halloween shows online and I have one bag og candy incase kids come here.

I don't really have any crazy Halloween memories. My mom always went along for trick or treating so there wasn't much trouble I colud get into lol.

I did place in the top 5 a couple yrs ago for my Princess Leia bikini costume
and my best friend and I were Batman and Robin a while back too. THAT was fun!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I got drunk and went out trick or treating dressed in a towel and a shower cap.

I was 23 years old.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Haha nice!

Cool avy

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We were always wild as kids.. and the school had a little haunted house in the parking lot. Well, me and the cousins are about midway through and back then the spooks could grab you legally. Hell we didnt even have seatbelts back then and driving to the store with dad rivaled any lame roller coaster today. ANyway, I was about 10 and something or another spooky grabbed me, I yelled which got the cousins yelling and fighting... and we tore the place DOWN. They had these black plastic streamers hanging from the ceiling and by time we were shoved though it.. which made us fight even more because it was the folks dressed like scary things were doing the shoving.. we were covered in black streamers and ran almost all the way home. Sounds ridiculous now, but back then it was TERRIFYIN".

New Orleans, Dumaine St... 1977.. I received a fixed chicken foot in my treat bag.
( later my dog chewed it up and I was absolutely convinced Id be cursed or haunted.. and my cousins started calling me Voodoo at that time.. which stuck for a few yrs. LOL!.)

Year before last.. a huge guy dressed in a costume came to the door for candy. I told him to gtfo, he was too old for kids candy.. so he starts fighting with me over it, this big fat guy is tellin me how HUNGRY he is..and I start getting pretty heated up over it. Hollered some. Damn near sicced my dog on him cause he was walking up on me. My neighbor.. the big fat buttface.. punked me. har-de-freakin-har. At least it wasnt on film...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Rubicant13

I do remember this one house when I was a kid that scared me to death and wouldn't go near it any year after that.

There was a guy who sat in a chair PERFECTLY still dressed as a scare crow, well when you got close he chased you. lol Talk about dropping your candy and hauling butt!

I always loved Halloween. I like spooky things and I enjoy scaring myself, the dressing up is also fun. I have plenty of Halloween costumes but I won't be doing anything this year. I'll be at home watching some Halloween shows online and I have one bag og candy incase kids come here.

I don't really have any crazy Halloween memories. My mom always went along for trick or treating so there wasn't much trouble I colud get into lol.

I did place in the top 5 a couple yrs ago for my Princess Leia bikini costume
and my best friend and I were Batman and Robin a while back too. THAT was fun!

This is one of my fave stories thus far... I was one that did the "person in the scarecrow outfit" gag. I sat and waited for people to show up with a bowl of candy on my lap. When a few teenage trick or treaters came a long, I would jump a bit and scare them. I did this one Halloween and scared one of the local kids so bad that he went tearing out of my driveway screaming. I felt bad for a moment as one of my brothers gave chase in an attempt to calm him down... He eventually did - and we still talk and laugh about it to this day. Good memories...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Last year's Halloween party, A friend of mine named Austin met another friend of mine named Cori for the first time.

Cori enjoys drinking, and she gets a little crazy with it sometimes, and at the time, she was dating a boy named Matt, who in my opinion, was an asshole. She was very upset with him most of the night, and she flipped from being happy, to sad, to angry, and every other emotion in between all night.

Austin showed up to the party.

So, in order to make Matt upset, get this--Cori traps Austin by embracing him, pinning him to the fridge, running her hands all over his hair and face, asking if he wanted to have sex with her.

Austin usually didn't get much attention from girls, so his face was priceless. Like a deer in headlights.

But, Matt was so out of it (drunk), he didn't notice. He was fighting to stay upright sitting in his chair.

Later, Cori went on a half-hour long rant, tearing up, telling all of us things like she only wanted to make us all happy, how she wished no one ever had to feel pain, how pain is such a horrible thing, how pain is evil, how she hated pain...

In the middle of this rant about hating pain, Cori stopped talking, looked right at Matt, and gave him a huge, perfect SLAP.

God, I laughed so hard.

Oh, Halloween...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I never did celebrate Halloween much--never dressed up or anything when I was young (not by choice; it was just something my family didn't get into.)

But a few years ago I did decide to dress up and hand out candy. I was playing inline hockey at the time and had a NJ Devils jersey. I decided to go out and buy a red devil mask and some props. I put myself in full hockey gear including my skates with the Devils Jersey.

I even took an old, wooden stick..shortened it up a bit and found a Jason-in-the-golie-mask prop, which was a severed head, to stick on the top of the stick.

I kept one hand in my hockey gloves and put a skeleton glove on my other hand to put candy in the bags. I left the front door halfway open so that when kids rang the doorbell I would skate fast up to the door and slide stop (the best I could manage in such a small living room space haha.)

Half the kids were so freaked out that they screamed and ran away without any candy.

I had a blast!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I got drunk and went out trick or treating dressed in a towel and a shower cap.

I was 23 years old.

~Heff

Fails to mention that was this Halloween and he inverted the numbers.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

LOL I am currently in a position to NOT invert numbers.

If I did so, then I'd be discussing Halloween when I was 64.

new topics

top topics

join