It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice league movie to compete with the Avengers 2 in 2015?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I honestly don't know how i fell about this part of me is jumping up in joy to see my favorite superhero team on the big screen but the rational part of me thinks that this is a terrible idea

Following up on the court decision upholding DC Comics' rights to Superman, the LA Times is reporting that Warner Bros is slating the Justice League movie, long in limbo, will film in 2013, and hit theaters summer 2015.
summer 2015 sounds familiar, that's because Avengers 2, from Marvel Studios, is due out May 1, 2015. That would pit the two films head-to-head in the summer box office. Avengers 2 will benefit from the first round of solo films, the original Marvel's The Avengers, and the entire "Phase 2" of Marvel Studios films, including Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Warner Bros has not announced any plans to tie Justice League into Superman: Man of Steel, Green Lantern, or any other DC movies at this time.

My biggest concern about the project is that it will turn into a transformers like project were you only give one or two characters screen time And i just realized this but if it does release in the same year as the avengers 2 then it will be like the climax of The Marvel vs dc war that has been going on for years

What do you guys think about this is it a terrible idea or a good one?
edit on 31-10-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Let's be honest.
There really is no competition.

WB recent movies have sucked with the exception of Nolan's Batman movies.
They need to focus on story rather than just a bunch of special effects.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Excatly. With the exception of the Ghost Rider and first Hulk movies, Marvel hasn't put out too much junk. I even liked Daredevil and Electra.

Other than the Dark Knight trilogy and the Tim Burton Batmans, every DC movie since Superman III has sucked.

Am I forgetting something?

Justice League will always have my heart because of the Superfriends, but it's not going to make a good movie. It barely made a good team in the comics.

Edit to say: My apologies to Watchmen. That was awesome.
edit on 31-10-2012 by WickettheRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

1) this is old news. A few weeks old, which means almost everyone who cares, knows about it. You're behind the times.

2) Justice League cannot compete with Avengers 2. Fact.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

One of the things about Watchmen is that it was very heavy on the story.
Rorshach was awesome.

They need to step up their game.

I did like Constantine though. It wasn't terrible.
V for Vendetta was good.
RED was awesome.
Stardust... but of course that was neil gaiman and he's incredibly good.

Here's alist of DC films.

en.wikipedia.org...

And why the heck can't WB get the writers for their cartoons to do a movie. Many of the JL and Batman episodes were good.
edit on 31-10-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Justice League will always have my heart because of the Superfriends, but it's not going to make a good movie

Unfortunately, you're probably right. It would be very difficult to make a good Justice League movie for a lot of reasons, the biggest one being societal. The justice league was very old school as far as everyone being honorable, selfless, moral heroes, which was what people wanted back then. In today's society it would seem like a joke. Also you can't have Superman and Batman in the same movie- I can't stomach superman even by himself. The only way it would work would be if Superman was taken out of commission at the beginning of the movie and the other heroes banded together to rescue him because Superman is too super to have good plot development. The other way you could do it would be to put comedy into it, but I don't see that happening.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Agreed, but correct me if im wrong, the original superman only had the strength of 10 adult men ye?.
DC - Marvel Pretty damn equal movies imo.
Marvel slightly better, But DC have really stepped up past years! Love the batman series (new ones, and 1-2).
Either way id love to see a Justice League movie.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnkie

Agreed, but correct me if im wrong, the original superman only had the strength of 10 adult men ye?.

The nature and origin of Superman has proven too great a temptation for overzealous cartoonists, who have taken the opportunitis provided in "Superman Prime" to give him the strength of millions. A more precise impression can be found in the figure of 100 quintillion tons, without too much strain.

They godmodded him. Pretty weak, in my opinion...the guy has to lose sometime, or have some kind of weakness, otherwise they should just call him "God".

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to see a justice leage film I just hope its made in a original and different way which sets it apart from the usual cliched superhero films.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Justice League will always have my heart because of the Superfriends, but it's not going to make a good movie

Unfortunately, you're probably right. It would be very difficult to make a good Justice League movie for a lot of reasons, the biggest one being societal. The justice league was very old school as far as everyone being honorable, selfless, moral heroes, which was what people wanted back then. In today's society it would seem like a joke. Also you can't have Superman and Batman in the same movie- I can't stomach superman even by himself. The only way it would work would be if Superman was taken out of commission at the beginning of the movie and the other heroes banded together to rescue him because Superman is too super to have good plot development. The other way you could do it would be to put comedy into it, but I don't see that happening.

@ bolded part.
Care to Explain?

I think it would be awesome to se them together, they will obviously fight on their first meeting.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

It appears that some members here are under the impression that Superman is too powerful to make a decently challenged superhero. Please bear in mind, he originally rejected his true nature, and as a result, his mental barriers have hindered his development as a potentially godly being. His psychological resistance will remain forever a challenge for him to overcome. After all, your worst enemy is the one within you.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Umm the Marvel and DC war has been over for well over 20 years Marvel won. And if you need a reason as to why all you have to do is look at what Marvel has done that DC has not in their films. Marvel always the company that saw its characters as it's brand and DC that saw them as their cash cow. Now enter Marvel Studios that has a solid foundation and the ability to tell the stories with their characters that they want to tell, while waiting for licensing deals brokered to third parties to revert back under their control. It doesn't take much to foresee that Avengers 2 will pretty much squash the Justice League under its almighty boot with not just the release of a solitary movie but with about 9 movies leading into it when all is said and done.

You can't even compare the two let alone hope for much competition here. One is a movie based on a comic book, the other is a film in a series of films constructed as a comic book universe.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
They really should just do a digital movie like they did for DC Universe online, the storyline and action in it was incredible and the animation top notch. This is the way to do a Justice League movie. Make it a massive 2 and a half hour adventure. You don't have to have a live action movie for it to be a success.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
They should really do Kingdom Come as an animated movie like DC Universe online, that would be incredible.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join