It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uneducated poor people are killing this country

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sounds like a con to me as well...

But you also have to admit, there are a lot of people who don't have their priorities straight.

I'd almost be willing to bet one of her boyfriends has 20" gold plated rims and a fancy stereo, but the car which he's putting all this stuff on is a total rust-bucket that's falling apart, can't pass emissions, and has a hole in the muffler.

Yet for what he spends money on, still can't come up with child support.

'Hood logic, go figure...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
Sounds like a con to me as well...

But you also have to admit, there are a lot of people who don't have their priorities straight.

I'd almost be willing to bet one of her boyfriends has 20" gold plated rims and a fancy stereo, but the car which he's putting all this stuff on is a total rust-bucket that's falling apart, can't pass emissions, and has a hole in the muffler.

Yet for what he spends money on, still can't come up with child support.

'Hood logic, go figure...

Just remember Hood logic may be your last best defence against the NWO Illuminati puppet masters in control of the American nation. Poor people have skills, they need to have to survive. Even if they are not immediately apparent to your sensibilities!
edit on 1-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Holidakd

Unreasonable vent:
Finally another human being who understands that the majority of people on welfare are "living it up". Why do we give these people money? Work you lazy ers. Do you think any of us wanna wake up and work? Now I have to work harder to pay for lazy people to survive? Screw that. I will donate something to that woman today-I promise. I will (in her honor) go purchase something today totally worthless just because it is my money that I worked very very hard for.

Reasonable Vent
Don't get me wrong there are no jobs here around Chicago, and the next biggest town over is Detroit, which is a ghost town. They better think of something quick to turn this boat around as we no longer have the money to help these people survive. I don't mind helping old people who have worked like everyone else and require help for food and medical supplies-heck even help with the rent or electric bill, but that is a different story which is the communities responsibility. We should all go to town meetings and have a list of people in our local community who require assistance and our town should work together to help.

Showing up to get your food stamps in an Escalade is a common picture while driving by the food stamp office.It's gotta stop. No more free rides. No more expensive clothing, if you want to be on the free rider list then you should not receive cash money, only Debit transactions from an approved list of places you can spend your money at-that is all. In no sense should these people be allowed to receive cash to buy things that cannot be accounted for, as these programs are trying to set people in the right direction. No?

Take away the free ride and they will work. What I am saying is there are people who really need and depend on that money to stay alive, then you have people like this who are clearly young enough and able to find a job. Oh your children need food? Well "Ms. B." it seems the government said you will have to sell that Escalade before they will provide you with any assistance. That assistance will be taking the $50,000.00 you paid for the Escalade and investing it and spending it wisely. Here is a new rule-if you get assistance you shouldn't be allowed control of your bank account, as their should be a plan in place that takes all the food stamp money (which can only be used at official grocery markets, and businesses who allow purchases of alcohol or non-food related items shall be fined). Then any money which the person makes at work or any other way must be put into that bank account and regulated.

Remember these people want help and assistance in the right direction, so let's help them. You know the thing they go in asking for, while they walk out calling HSN and QVC? They need to be taught how to spend money more wisely, and also how to obtain more skills. Why would Minnesota take away free online learning? Give everyone free education-we need it now more than ever-but remember if your going to give to one give to all! Only the smart survive and thrive. We just want to live and have a good time yet times are hard and we need some help fast. I say it over and over again like Benicio DelToro in fear and loathing: "What the hell are we doing out here in the middle of the dessert? We need help, we need help!".

The Blame:
Each one of us falls victim to being greedy, at least what I have seen in people. The greed just happens, you become tired of working so hard each day you wake earlier to try to make more money and be more productive, and on and on. It's a sad state of the Earth right now. We are hurting the planet and it spins like it always does. Tomorrow the Earth will spin the same and the sun will rise. Yet we all fail to recognize this. For the first time in history the world has never been more united because of technology, acceptance and forgiveness. yet recently as the inhabitants of planet Earth we have begun to fight and argue. We have seen the options to have a better life and they are within grasp, however one man's dream is only a dream. It is the people who share the same visions that help excite the issue into normality.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
should be involved social workers per neighborhood like china has.
(but NOT done exactly like how china runs the system.... just to make that clear)

but the semi use of that system would allow personalized assistance for specific needs. be it education, food, jobs, a frikin life coach?
at least we may expect less waste and people being forced to take responsibility.

one could claim programs like this take away our freedom and privacy, but then again... you dont HAVE to be begging the government for assistance... there is only so much assistance to go around. i believe you have to have a safe middle ground.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This thread title reminds me of the first time I ever heard of the Illuminati... around 20 years ago. ;-j (excuse me for going a little off-topic, I thought people may enjoy what just flashed through my head).

A family friend, who was into conspiracy, told me the Illuminati were a secret organisation, running the world, that had evaluated the worlds biggest foreseeable problem, directly related to all other problems, as being "overpopulation of uneducated people".

He said the Illuminati's solution/plot was to use mass media (news and movies) to desensitise the population to the idea of an alien war and give a sense of assured victory to the human race, then stage an alien invasion to wipe out approximately two thirds of the worlds population, and set up a one world government in the aftermath. He said this would take approximately 20 years to happen.

In a strange way he was quite accurate, if you look at the last twenty years as a quick synopsis.... all we need now is the alien invasion.

This first instance probably led me to look so deeply into the quagmire that is the illuminati...and the ideas surrounding it...

Just thought I'd share because I thought it was funny that it popped into my head when I read the title and OP, it reminded me very much of discordian tactics.

S+F
edit on 2-11-2012 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Actually, if you're a single father with low income, as it sounds, you get a huge benefit every tax season

Yeah, and for how much longer? Those tax benefits will be gone because the funds are needed to pay for free education.

]and can use your situation to get a free college education and better the lives of yourself and your child/children.

How peachy! How about some free health care too? LMAO! The madness has no end.

All thanks to the system you hate.

Or one could say, the system that will fail. Nice try though.
~$heopleNation
edit on 2-11-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

Also, what state does not go after the fathers when you are on assistance? It isn't even your choice, the state takes over.
edit on 31-10-2012 by chiefsmom because: sp

It is true that by the child's second year the state steps in and demands payment unless the parents are married. They go after deadbeat moms too. Whichever parent is not the custodian or "primary caregiver" gets the bill.

However, nothing guarantees that the payments will be made. Delinquency of child support payments can result in incarceration, but this rarely happens. The logic being that if a parent is jailed then they are unable to work, thus realistically cannot pay what is owed to the primary or the state. (a good chunk of child support goes toward court costs, or a state administration fee.)

About the only real consequences to not paying child support are the denial of passport privilege and having your income tax return sent straight to the state capital instead of your mailbox. There are exceptions of course, but most delinquents just get hauled into court, a finger wagged at them by a judge, and made to cough up an amount of payment nominal to the balance owed or they spend the night in lockup. If unemployed, they might be court ordered to get a job within x number of days. (30 seems to be a popular number downtown.)

It is easy to track down most delinquents through income tax claims, but its also easy to find a cash-on-the-barrel job or just sell dope.

I'm not sure how it goes in other states, but there are so many delinquent cases that the state outsources a private collection agency to hound them. They can only refer a case to the courts. It doesn't mean anything ever really happens. Even still, a delinquent parent can just throw a few bucks at the bureaucracy (a legitimate bribe) to put them off the trail. Kind of like how sending $20 bucks to a credit company as payment on a $20,000 debt will get them to stop calling for a while...

Regarding the OP:

Freeloaders probably are the majority benefiting from welfare. Disability aside, there is no discernible reason why most of the people in line at the welfare office shouldn't be at work. Even still, most of disabled people that I've encountered are still able and willing do some kind of work. I've been by the welfare office. Most people there seemed to be in fairly good health in spite of eating from a McD's bag while waiting for their case worker. If most of these folks are smart enough to to fill out the paperwork, determined enough to wait in line for hours on end, and have the strength to bear offspring or even walk across the street for a combo meal (and stomach it)... then surely there is something they can do to not be a drain on society.

Why aren't most of these folks factory workers? (rhetorical question)

What should be done to challenge the situation? (Please don't say "vote".)

Many would argue the simple answer is to abolish welfare altogether. Is that even a realistic option?

As far as education goes... well, you can lead a horse to water...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Would it be terribly inapproprate to demand temporary sterilization of everyone until they pass a very basic test to show they can support breeding and actually intentionally want to have a baby?

probably...

Still...one can dream.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Would it be terribly inapproprate to demand temporary sterilization of everyone until they pass a very basic test to show they can support breeding and actually intentionally want to have a baby?

probably...

Still...one can dream.

Dr Mengele i presume? I thought you would have been dead by now!

I know you are joking but if laws like that were ever past then we are truly doomed as a species. IMHO of course.
edit on 2-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

Originally posted by SaturnFX

probably...

Still...one can dream.

Dr Mengele i presume? I thought you would have been dead by now!

I know you are joking but if laws like that were ever past then we are truly doomed as a species. IMHO of course.

Guess it would depend on the qualifications. Do you have at least minimum education? Do you understand requirements of children (education, food, etc), make it really basic.

Again, I know its unlikely to have standards before being allowed to breed..but hell, in a hundred years, it may be necessary for the continued survival of our species..might as well kick the idea around now so that future generations will have a well established conversation to consider from years of wisdom. proaction is better than reaction. It should be fair, given preference to nobody, and reasonable...and run by infallable computers that are unable to be corrupted by political or ideological desires.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You lost me when you said "Infallable computers". Im an I.T technician(Electronic and Electrical Engineer by trade). There is no such thing as an infallable system im afraid. There never will be anything produced by Man thats Infallable. Thats because we are fallable, to err is Human!

Your talking about instigating a eugenics program. You cant do that, atleast not openly! LoL

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm surprised that this survived to a third page. I was also surprised by the amount of people who attacked and criticized me for posting my rant in the rant section.
From my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, but this section is to complain, vent, gripe, and moan about things that grind our gears.
But I do appreciate the positive feedback!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
People like that tick me off too.

But, you're only going on your speculation. You don't know her whole situation.

Also, I am a high school graduate, living lower-middle class. I would consider myself to be poor, statistically. I can't go to college. Does that mean I'm ruining the country?

What about Bush? President Bush Jr. never had better than a C average in school. You think I'm ruining the country more than he did?

Poor people are not ruining the country, because they have no control over the country and it's predicaments, or their own problems. Lazy people, on the other hand, are a different story. People who can work, but choose not to. Lazy people, and the fat-cat government are ruining the country more than any poor people. The only two things that poor people do is die in our country, or die for our country.

No offense, but you sound really stuck up.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
"Uneducated poor people are killing this country."
You talking USA?
Anyways... Uneducated poor people might be a usefull tool or a requirement for the elite to carry out their agenda.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Uneducated and poor have NOTHING to do with it. There are many, many, many educated rich people who are just as bad.

I look in the buy-sell-trade papers every week. In the 'wanted' section, there are loads of people who want free cars, free houses, free LCD TV's, free this, and free that, or they want it "DONATED". I really look forward to reading them every week for a good laugh because it seems more and more people aren't afraid to ask for anything for free. It's also sad, and gives a little insight into what humanity has become.

For the last couple of months, I've been trying to get my satire in the wanted section, but they won't put it in for some reason. My wanted ad looks something like this, but I change it up every week:

Wanted: I'd like to have a Lamborghini. Will not accept a used one. If anyone has a large amount of cash to donate, that would be great. Will not accept anything below $20,000. I also would appreciate if anyone would donate a free mansion to me. It must be completely furnished. I also need a yaht, an ATV, a airplane. Anyone having any of these items to donate, please call.

NOTE: If anyone actually called to give me any of these things, you better bet your sweet rump roast that I would accept it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join