It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uneducated poor people are killing this country

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holidakd
I'm sorry maybe my title was a little too general. I had a hard time coming up with a title and just kind of went withe the first thing that came to mind.
The underlying thing I'm trying to convey in my OP is the fact that people who are in an economical bind and choose to spend their money on "wants" instead of "needs"
It is a conservative radio show and I do tend to lean toward the conservative side but I don't want to bring politics into this.
Maybe my title should have been "carelessness is killing this country" because this woman did act very careless.

Again, poor job. Quite transparent.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Holidakd

I'm fairly conservative myself, but what you see nowadays on radio and TV isn't true conservatism. Thus my repeated references to neo-conservatism.

Do briefly define, neo-conservatism is claiming conservative values while taking he public's money for massive government spending, like defense, etc, and providing legal framework for tax-loopholes, tax havens, and other generous benefits for the rich. Meanwhile, you claim that the wealthy are being unfairly targeted when they are spending a smaller percentage of their gross income on taxes and civil benefit programs than the middle class.

The point I was trying to make, I guess, is that they create enemies that don't truly exist in order to get the "conservative" public to ignore the parts of their policies that aren't conservative at all. Common enemies have always been a tried and true way of making people with some common ground forget their differences.

The poor aren't the problem in this country. We could eliminate poverty in a generation if we focused on scientific research, education, and medicine instead of war, war, war. We prop up countries for the sake of war, war, war - not "spreading democracy" as they'd have you believe. Our enemies, both foreign and domestic, are for the most part made up, exaggerated, and blown entirely out of proportion.

I don't believe the government should be taking our money and redistributing it at all - people will help their neighbors and communities at a state level without a mandate.

I know you don't want to make it political, but your OP is fundamentally about politics. You perceive a problem with the uneducated and poor in this country, the only way to discuss/solve it is politically.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am going to have to say she is a scamer.
I'm not sure about all the other states, but here in MI I believe it is illegal to shut off your electricity if you have children. Also, welfare will pay for it, under most circumstances.

If the kids are not living there, she should not be getting assistance.
Also, what state does not go after the fathers when you are on assistance? It isn't even your choice, the state takes over.
edit on 31-10-2012 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well i came from a household similar to what you described. My mother had me at 16, dropped out of school. Eventually got her GED, but that is the only similar part. My mom worked hard, got a job with the state, married a guy, who is not my biological father, but is my dad in ever sense of the word. They had 3 more kids all girls. He was also a drop out, he ended up getting his GED, and joined the Marines. He married my mother 2 years after i was born, which was after get got discharged from the Marines. He become a head foremen at a paper company. Both would be considered uneducated, and poor (combined income less then 40k a year). But i would not say they are a problem with this country. Both lived productive and meaningful lives. They raised us kids as best they could. We turned out pretty good.

I graduated highschool, got my associates degree, and went on to become a very good FA technician. My sisters all graduated highschool, none went beyond that, i think all 3 took some college courses. All of us kids are married, 2 have kids of their own. And non of us are on welfare, or any other government aid programs. I am not saying those who are on the programs are less then me, I am saying from where me and my sisters came from, and what we grew up in, we are doing pretty damn good.

I do agree with the fact that people who abuse the system, there are multiple ways of doing this, are a leech and helping bleed things dry. I know people back in my home city, who are in section 8 housing, on welfare, and all that. They drive around in the newest escallades, CTS, the reason they get these vechicles is becasue the person they are with is a drug dealer. They don't get married have 3-8 kids, the father lets the mom claim them, he sells drugs, and the only thing he askes is to live in the section 8 housing when he is making more money in a week then the average person makes in a year. Since the income is undocumented and illegal the section 8 housing folks are none the wiser to it. The drug dealer, will live in the house but will not have any personal belongings there that woudl indicate he truely lives there. This is for when the section 8 housing folks do the inspection, they just see the mom and her brood there. These types of people, drive me nuts.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Tink, I usually like your posts,

But much the same can be said about the other side of the aisle.

Education should be up to the parents of the child, not the state.

And if the parents don't educate, well then, the mean streets of life will do it for them.

We see it every day.

Sure, but environment plays a huge part in this. Parents who don't know any better are not suited to properly educate. I'm not saying the state should provide education, I'm only saying that if we MUST contribute our labor to a federal government they could make much better choices.

And again, if we continue to cut education we are only going to see more and more of these situations. People who haven't learned to be financially responsible, who grew up getting everything for free, as meager as their lives may be, will continue to live in that mindframe. This cycle could be for the most part broken in a single generation if we really, really wanted to fix it, collectively.

Ideally federal welfare programs go completely away and everything is brought to the state/local level. I would gladly contribute money and time to strengthen my community - as I'm sure many of us would - but the current system doesn't really allow for that.

I just can't believe there is so much angst against the poor and uneducated, people seeing this demographic as a burden to our country, all the while promoting policies that will only make more poor, uneducated people.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yep, because parents have all day to teach their children homes-school-style.

Lets get rid of schools and teachers! Lets just leave it up to parents to teach their kids everything they need to get into higher education!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Your title should be ''Complacent citizens and corrupt politicians are killing this country''. It's real easy to pick on and blame poor people, because they don't really have a voice or anyone to stand up for them. It's real easy NOT to *snip* with the people in power, the one's really causing the problems, because well, you know that doing so could get you JFK'ed with the quickness. And to TPTB, we're ALL poor.

Mod Edit: Please refrain from circumventing the profanity censor.
edit on 10/31/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
oh please the greed of the wealthy is what is killing this country

not that those that leech off others help but there would be plenty of money if the massive amount of taxes stolen from us werent squandered away

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Illuminati NWO scum in your White house are not just killing America but the rest of our planet also!!! The distribution of wealth across your nation(Also my own) is pitiful.

Communist(Also corrupt) America looks more and more like a good idea everyday when you look at what capitalism and greed have managed to accomplish!

Where has the American dream gone??? Now its a full blown Nightmare!
edit on 31-10-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

The land of the free,the home of the brave exists nowhere!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I will speculate that Americas next Declaration of Independence will be chiseled in stone or painted on a cave wall by your descendants if things dont change soon!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by andy06shake

The land of the free,the home of the brave exists nowhere!

Very true mate. And the reason is because evil prevails when good men fail to act!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The land of the fee, and the home of the slave.

The real vampires that are sucking everyone dry are the banksters.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Tink, I usually like your posts,

But much the same can be said about the other side of the aisle.

Education should be up to the parents of the child, not the state.

And if the parents don't educate, well then, the mean streets of life will do it for them.

We see it every day.

I got the mean streets education growing up, but thankfully I got the state education as well, not that it was that great. School was my escape from a bad home life. Had I not gotten state education, your tax dollars would be funding my prison stay right now because that was the education the streets was going me. Instead I became the first person in my family to ever go to college and get a degree and become a productive member of society.
And yes, my college education was paid for by grant money. I guess in your eyes that is a horrible thing though.

Apparently your ideal world is one with more crime and larger percentage of of your tax dollars going to build more prisons and to keep people in prison due to a lack of education.

Personally, I prefer to see children who grow up like I did have a chance to better their lives.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
How does this story relate to uneducated poor people? Your ignorance runs deeper than scholastic didactics.

The alleged addiction/psychological/emotional issues that this woman faces are in diminutive proportions to her education or personal wealth. Your approach to this woman's apparent “self-made” plight does however speak volumes toward your willing nescience. Keeping going to school. It won't help you much. The attunement your thinking needs can't be found through erudition. The same way that her moral dilemmas will not be solved with learning or money.

P.S. I am uneducated and spent more than a decade below the poverty line. I would invite you to elucidate on how I was (am) killing this country.

I couldn't agree more! Infact I'd challenge the OP to tell us how he could eludidate on the erudition and explain how the diminutive proportions didactics the nescience? go ahead please explain it?

mamma say what???

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Your thread title annoys me more than the terms and conditions of ATS allow me to tell you.

You are using one case, by one , maybe two people and taring a whole lot of other people with the same brush.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I don't hate system. Read carefully.
I hate the fact I have to pay for the parasites who take advantge of the system at others expense. Hey, if you have a disability that prevents you from working, I'm all for it. That's what the system was meant for. Actually I don't get huge benefits. They're pretty small as a matter of fact. Considering tat those on welfare have dental, madical. etc. what we get is pretty pathetic.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I hate the system and i think i have rather a lot of good reasons to do so!

Who would not hate a system designed to keep TPTB in place except of course TPTB! IMHO of course.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Well done and point taken. I'll dumb down my language next time?

Perhaps I should speak in with the language I was subjected to whilst living under a tarp on the streets of L.A. Maybe I will communicate in the way those around me did while I was growing up in Detroit?
edit on 1-11-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Holidakd

This person appears to be a con, desiring to acquire money instead of help. Classifying people that are poor or uneducated into being like this woman is wrong. Many poor and uneducated people desire to work for a living but we are outsourcing jobs to China that they could do. We have created automation which requires highly educated people to run to replace work for these kind of people also. Our country has evolved to only create jobs for the educated, remember that an uneducated person could also parent the next Einstein but we suppress a person many times because of their families social situation and because of this we discourage our poor youth from contributing. I notice more problems in behavior of the youth of the middle class in society today,. Why is this? I have a theory but it needs more research before I can comment on it. A weird sort of Mania is taking over the country.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join