It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Campaign Staged Donations At Storm Relief Event

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yep...absolutely!

I do not care really. I get more of a hoot out of people that are sooo concerned about cleaning out other people's closets. I just like to point out the other side of a coin when the extremists are wailing and gnashing their teeth...be it Republicans or Democrats. The two party fanatics tend to make me laugh and shake my head.

I am not going to get all watery eyed if Romney gives his money away and I am not going to care if he doesn't...though...philosophically speaking, it is a sign of character. I recall some religious statement about doing your good deeds where no one but God can see it....doing it to get the praise of men is bad form.

But honestly...what does it matter? Everything is a spin, a twist, a play on words or a grab for attention...and it doesn't matter. Most folks have already made up their minds and publicity stunts are worthless to everyone except the idjet doing it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Tazkven

Fail!! So spending money on donations to those in need is now bad??

I don't think anybody here agrees that donating is bad. The Red Cross has been all over the news giving instructions on what they need, and how to go about doing it.

To use the opportunity as a campaign stunt, is just pure evil.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Read between the lines.....?? How about read what really happened!!!! The event was changed at the last minute to focus on Hurricane Relief and many people already headed to the event most likely didn't know about the changes and showed up empty handed... It was an honest effort to help people in need!!

Local News story
www.daytondailynews.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Tazkven

Read between the lines.....?? How about read what really happened!!!! The event was changed at the last minute to focus on Hurricane Relief and many people already headed to the event most likely didn't know about the changes and showed up empty handed... It was an honest effort to help people in need!!

And if it had been Obama -- he would have been torn to shreds by the Neo-Cons for even showing up.

The Right would not have gone with a simple event change excuse.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

Why not donate a million bucks or buy the goods locally to be distributed to the victims?

Because then people would say 'Look, he's trying to buy votes! Why didn't he give two million, the tight bastard?'.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Romney makes ambulance chasing lawyers look conservative as it appears he is chasing a hurricane to recruit voters!

What do you expect from a man with such a fake political persona or a better description would be a "manufactured candidate" who waffles from speech to speech!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Is that what your liberal crystal ball tells you?? Right now Obama is walking arm and arm with Chris Christie and I have no problem with that. Why? Because he is doing his job as President. You catch how Obama slipped in his Campaign slogan while speaking to the Red Cross??

“So my instruction to the federal agency, has been: do not figure out why we can’t do something, I want you to figure out how we do something,” Obama said. “I want you to cut through red tape. I want you to cut through bureaucracy. There’s no excuse for inaction at this point. I want every agency to lean forward, and to make sure we are getting the resources where they’re needed, as quickly as possible.”

In October 2010, the progressive network MSNBC adopted the slogan “Lean Forward.” The Obama campaign began using the slogan “Forward” in advertisements, rallies and speeches beginning in April 2012.

Subliminal brainwashing for the already brainwashed..

Also on Tuesday, a press release from the White House office of the press secretary used the “lean forward” slogan just after describing the fatalities that have resulted from Hurricane Sandy.

“On the call [with governors], the President began by thanking the officials for their leadership in the face of this severe storm, and praised the heroism of the emergency response teams leading the efforts. He also noted his sadness over the loss of life associated with the storm so far. The President made clear that he has directed his team to continue to lean forward and provide all available resources to support ongoing response and recovery efforts.”

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Meanwhile In Dayton, Romney even skipped his usual stump speech to keep the focus on the the storm relief effort. Good to see Obama tour the areas devastated by Sandy though!! He could use a little boost right now...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Romney makes ambulance chasing lawyers look conservative as it appears he is chasing a hurricane to recruit voters!

What do you expect from a man with such a fake political persona or a better description would be a "manufactured candidate" who waffles from speech to speech!

Recruit voters??
He already has their vote!! That's why they came to support him...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

Think Progree gives credit to Buzzfeed. I have no idea of their political affliations ...

Buzzfeed. Founded by Jonah Peretti. Who also founded the Huffington Post. Board member of the Free Art and Technology Lab.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
They both stage things...Obama conveniently brought his "Presidential Podium" with him to the Red Cross Office he visited yesterday.
www.gannett-cdn.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

That $5000 in food will be donated to the effort. That is a good thing. Gov Romney is one of the most charitable people in the USA. This past year alone he donated 29% of his income to charity and has been charitable always.

dailycaller.com...[/url] .

Obama also met with FEMA today and refused to let any media film him. He was doing his job, and not trying to look good on camera. A week away from the election.

And as far as Romney donating 29% of his income to charities, a large portion of that went straight to his church. From what I have read, he was required to donate a portion of his income per the church's rules.

My opinion:
Romney was already scheduled to do a republican rally at that place.
After Sandy, him and his people decided they better make the rally look like a donation rally. He bought the donations and took pictures of kids giving him those donations. He did this, not because he wanted to help, but because he wanted America to see the pictures and think he was helping. The red cross won't take those food donations. The red cross says the same thing almost every disaster - we don't need food and clothes, we need money and blood.

If Romney actually cared to help, he would have quietly wrote a check to the red cross. He would be at a blood bank donating blood. The fact he made an entire spectacle of the canned food event shows he blatantly did it for the press. Even if his heart really WAS in the right place, he didn't go about it the right way.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Think Progress owned by John Podesta and the Center For American Progress... Podesta wrote this gem "The Power of Progress: How America’s Progressives Can (Once Again) Save Our Economy, Our Climate and Our Country." How's that been working?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

If Romney actually cared to help, he would have quietly wrote a check to the red cross.

How can you be so sure that he or his wife did not write a check to the Red Cross??

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
1. Republican candidate changes campaign venue to collect donations for flood victims.

2. Has 2 big screen TV's in the area with Red Cross cash donation information displayed.

3. Criticized by liberals for anything they can possibly come up with.

Conclusion: Liberals are awesome people

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yep...absolutely!

I do not care really. I get more of a hoot out of people that are sooo concerned about cleaning out other people's closets. I just like to point out the other side of a coin when the extremists are wailing and gnashing their teeth...be it Republicans or Democrats. The two party fanatics tend to make me laugh and shake my head.

I am not going to get all watery eyed if Romney gives his money away and I am not going to care if he doesn't...though...philosophically speaking, it is a sign of character. I recall some religious statement about doing your good deeds where no one but God can see it....doing it to get the praise of men is bad form.

But honestly...what does it matter? Everything is a spin, a twist, a play on words or a grab for attention...and it doesn't matter. Most folks have already made up their minds and publicity stunts are worthless to everyone except the idjet doing it.

Shrug, then a wealthy individual can never do good in your eyes, I guess.

Meh, I prefer a guy who give his own money to charity, regardless the reason, than a guy who wants to give my money to charity so he can buy votes.

link   

reply to post by tport17

If Romney actually cared to help, he would have quietly wrote a check to the red cross.

How can you be so sure that he or his wife did not write a check to the Red Cross??

Actually THIS article just popped up while I was reading about this thread topic.

It says today one of Romney's aids disclosed that he had made a donation to the red cross but could not say how much it was. Honestly, to me, the amount is irrelevant.

So I admit I was wrong about a personal donation!

link   

reply to post by khimbar

Think Progress owned by John Podesta and the Center For American Progress... Podesta wrote this gem "The Power of Progress: How America’s Progressives Can (Once Again) Save Our Economy, Our Climate and Our Country." How's that been working?

Oooh, oooh I know that one. It's 'badly'.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

He very well might have. However, if he did that would be a greater indicator that he was just doing this for the photo op. Odds are these donations will not make it to the affected areas. If the Red Cross even accepts them they're going to need to waste time and manpower processing all of the food, not to mention the time and resources required to transport the donations to the affected area. This is why the Red Cross wants cash donations. It allows them to purchase exactly what is needed on site. Whether Romney's campaign was sincere with their efforts in the end the only one who might benefit from this event is Romney which makes this nothing more than a photo op.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Why not donate a million bucks or buy the goods locally to be distributed to the victims?

Because then people would say 'Look, he's trying to buy votes! Why didn't he give two million, the tight bastard?'.

No, 0bama would just use more tax money to buy supplies, then pass it off as his own.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Really?

Why is this a surprise?
Sounds like something each and every candidate for each and every office would do for as long as people have been running for office.

Photo ops are common.
Stage events...sound like kissing babies, parades in political strongholds, etc. etc.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I just read this statement on MSN. "Back on trail, body language may hold a clue".

Look at the seriousness on Obama's face as he is greeting Christie.

Then look at the picture of Romney all smiles and greeting people.

It made an impact on me. Just saying.

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 31-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join