It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Campaign Staged Donations At Storm Relief Event

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Everything is a photo-op now. These people only pretend to care because that is what the masses expect. I'm sure privately they soak down with hand sanitizers after having to deal with the "poor people". I mean both sides, not just Romney.

It's pretty sad that"everything" has to have a spin...it sure will be nice when this fiasco is over and done with. I fully expect to see absolutely no difference in the quality of my life regardless who gets elected...those that do have been sold something stinky.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Here is a New York Liberal's take on Romneys charitable giving...he says "But the release of these tax records leaves no doubt about one thing: Mitt Romney is an extraordinarily, remarkably, astonishingly generous man. A good man. Maybe even a great man."

Read it for yourself...he paid his share of taxes
www.nypost.com...[/url]

I am not even a big Romney supporter...just think it is vile of you to criticize people for trying to help Sandy victims and keep their campaign going. They are doing a good deed. get over it. What have you done to help so far?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Romney does not pretend to care...he puts his money where his mouth is.

www.nypost.com... omney_the_giver_7nLMOZGuIo2zq1LmrNInjN

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Romney does have a long history of leading charitable causes, so it is not unusual,

It doesn't matter though, if he hadn't done anything you people would be calling him an evil rich guy.

I don't run from topic to topic defending Romney, I have never defended him I don't believe, so don't go there,

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky

I am not even a big Romney supporter...just think it is vile of you to criticize people for trying to help Sandy victims and keep their campaign going.

Bingo....LOL we have a winner, just in this reply...erm Fruedian slip!

They are doing a good deed. get over it. What have you done to help so far?

But you JUST SAID, "and to keep their campaign going".........Thanks because that will probably be the best laugh I have all day!

He paid his share of taxes after charitable write offs.

Do you think he would have made a $5,000.00 donation for any other cause at this time if Sandy didn't come along?

Pure and utterly an opportunistic staging. Nothing more.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

ONCE AGAIN, he also gets tax write off's for doing this. Have you never donated anything to get a tax write off? It's one of the few people can still use.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Well the money still went to charity.

I am sorry Sissle, but you are notoriously partisan, so I can't take anything you say seriously, you have a mission, and the truth isn't it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Sissel

I am sorry Sissle, but you are notoriously partisan, so I can't take anything you say seriously, you have a mission, and the truth isn't it.

Not really because as I stated, I think both candidates are buffoons. It's never been my intention to tell anyone how to vote. People need to open their eyes and see this kinda stuff for what it is.

Everybody needs to find the truth, and stunts like this only deflect away from that.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

As a member of the Mormon church, Romney is instructed to tithe 10 percent of his income. That’s in keeping with most charitable giving: Religious institutions get about one-third of all contributions, according to The American magazine.

Despite how the Federal, State or Local Government feels about it tithing is not charitable giving. You aren't doing it for charity, you are doing it because you believe God will punish you for not doing it. By the author of your own source, the admission is that he is not giving this because he is a charitable man he is doing it at the direction of his church.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

They both stage things...Obama conveniently brought his "Presidential Podium" with him to the Red Cross Office he visited yesterday.
www.gannett-cdn.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

That $5000 in food will be donated to the effort. That is a good thing. Gov Romney is one of the most charitable people in the USA. This past year alone he donated 29% of his income to charity and has been charitable always.

dailycaller.com...[/url] .

Does the LDS count at a charity now?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by joyride0187

Had Obama done this he would have been torn apart for it. And even if the story is hyped up, that Mitt did indeed posture himself as a man collecting food for the victims is a clear political election time stunt.

Ain't that the truth.

If Obama did this the Neo-Cons would be in a ranting verbal rage.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

They both stage things...Obama conveniently brought his "Presidential Podium" with him to the Red Cross Office he visited yesterday.
www.gannett-cdn.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

That $5000 in food will be donated to the effort. That is a good thing. Gov Romney is one of the most charitable people in the USA. This past year alone he donated 29% of his income to charity and has been charitable always.

dailycaller.com...[/url] .

Does the LDS count at a charity now?

What does his religion have to do with this?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Sissel

Not really because as I stated, I think both candidates are buffoons. It's never been my intention to tell anyone how to vote. People need to open their eyes and see this kinda stuff for what it is.

Everybody needs to find the truth, and stunts like this only deflect away from that.

Romney supporters seem to get off on calling anybody who dares to criticize their guy a partisan hack, even when its demonstrably untrue.

Oh, you dare criticize Rombama? Clearly you're a rabid Liberal progressive such and such, somehow overlooking the fact that both candidates are empty headed stuffed suits with nearly identical policies.
edit on 123131p://001012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Romney the giver? If you have amassed a fortune, it is in your best interest to give some away, it is common sense. Even back in the days of "the Robber Barons", they gave away...at the time, immense amounts of money. Ever hear of Carnegie Hall? Museums? They gave it away and got their name attached to it...basically a form of immortality. nothing wrong with that, but see it for what it is...it is not out of "pure kindness and charity".

I am not a Romney or Obama supporter...plain and simple. I disagree with both of them on far more things than I agree with. But "Romney the giver"?...really?...yeah, he likes to give pink slips and lay-off notices.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Can we please stop pretending the the Mormon faith is anything less than insanity made a religion? A conman read an invisible golden tabled from a hat, plagiarized large parts of the Bible, and called it the one true religion. Native Armeicans? Jews turned red for betraying Jesus.

As far as I'm concerned, somebody who takes that on faith does not belong in a position of power.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

The Article did not address anything about it being staged. It talked about Romney wanting to get rid of FEMA.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Sissel

The Article did not address anything about it being staged. It talked about Romney wanting to get rid of FEMA.

There are only a few articles linked in this thread. Did you read the one that the OP put in his opening post? I guess it depends on what source you read, but in fact the first article linked here does say that exact thing. Go back and re - read it, please.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

Romney the giver? If you have amassed a fortune, it is in your best interest to give some away, it is common sense. Even back in the days of "the Robber Barons", they gave away...at the time, immense amounts of money. Ever hear of Carnegie Hall? Museums? They gave it away and got their name attached to it...basically a form of immortality. nothing wrong with that, but see it for what it is...it is not out of "pure kindness and charity".

I am not a Romney or Obama supporter...plain and simple. I disagree with both of them on far more things than I agree with. But "Romney the giver"?...really?...yeah, he likes to give pink slips and lay-off notices.

So, sort of a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of thing? If a wealthy man does not give to charity, he is a selfish bastard. If he gives to charity he is a selfish bastard with an agenda?
edit on 31-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Fail!! So spending money on donations to those in need is now bad?? Seeing donations inspires people to donate more!! and more and more.. all to the benefit of the those in NEED! Kind of like the goons seeding the tip jar at Starbucks but for a good cause... or staging your house when you put it up for sale?? How about those Toys for Tots bins this time of year.... A full bin motivates me to give even more....

Keep throwing stuff at Romney, something may just stick eventually... just another desperation tactic from Obama and his water carriers at MSNBC...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Buzzfeed does not say its staged, but read the article and read between the lines.

I don't like Romney, I won't lie. I think he is corporate scum and got rich by unemploying Americans and sending their jobs to China. I believe that is why China now has the largest middle class and our middle class is shrinking. I believe its people like Romney who sold us out and his 1% friends want him in office so they can get richer. Romney and people like him caused the problem to begin with, he is to invested in outsourcing to be trusted.

I also believe donating to the disaster is a good thing but using it as a way to push your agenda is sick and disgusting even more so then the dish washing stunt.

Why not donate a million bucks or buy the goods locally to be distributed to the victims? Now that I would have respect for, whether I liked him or not. This was nothing more than a publicity stunt on the back of a disaster changed from a "rally" to a "relief" so they can get a better photo op ... someone somewhere in his camp said "we can make this work for us" I guarantee it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join