It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let superstorm sway your vote.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Glad someone is aware of the pitfall that voters might regret after few weeks
I compare the logic to a performance review where generally the last few months or recent activities/achievements are generally recognized easily. I'm sure this applies to any voters representing both parties.

With nature suddenly grabbing our attention with both hands and reminding us we have much less control over our world and our lives than we believed, everything else moves to the background. Like a diagnosis of a deadly disease or another personal tragedy, when the earth itself has unleashed its wrath, we look at all that transpires around us through the lens of the new overpowering reality.

In the aftermath of a natural disaster, opinions about politicians, about leaders, can change.

Covering natural disasters and politics around the world, I have seen people change political opinions. And then wish they had not.

LINK

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
your vote means nothing! the sooner you realize that,the better off you will be!
george carlin put it best when he said americans have 2 choices - paper or plastic!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
your vote means nothing! the sooner you realize that,the better off you will be!
george carlin put it best when he said americans have 2 choices - paper or plastic!
I loved his one liners. Although I'm optimistic upto certain extent..especially when it comes to local policies and electorals at the state level.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm not voting, I don't care for either.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
I'm not voting, I don't care for either.

So you're wasting your right to vote, the right that people died to give you?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Why should I vote if I don't believe in either of them? Just randomly pick one because I have rights? I voted for Obama because he gave a good speech and I thought he could change our future in a good way. Boy was I wrong. So no, I don't waste it, I just don't like the candidates this year.
edit on 31-10-2012 by innervision0730 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Why should I vote if I don't believe in either of them? Just randomly pick one because I have rights? I voted for Obama because he gave a good speech and I thought he could change our future in a good way. Boy was I wrong. So no, I don't waste it, I just don't like the candidates this year.

Given the fact that the Republicans have blocked a lot of what he wanted to do, I think that you're being a little harsh. Besides, he has done a lot - Obamacare, Bin Laden is fishfood, the US car industry is alive, the US is recovering from the worst depression since the Great Depression... it's quite a list. Please also bear in mind the last point - as if it's possible to forget it. I used to be a financial journalist - the amount of damage the financial crisis caused has been horrific.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Given the fact that the Republicans have blocked a lot of what he wanted to do, I think that you're being a little harsh. Besides, he has done a lot - Obamacare, Bin Laden is fishfood, the US car industry is alive, the US is recovering from the worst depression since the Great Depression... it's quite a list. Please also bear in mind the last point - as if it's possible to forget it. I used to be a financial journalist - the amount of damage the financial crisis caused has been horrific.

WOW. Really? None of those things are an issue. Obamacare - your worst health care nightmare. Bin Laden - patsy who was never proven the ring leader of 911 in court therefore he was innocent ( Innocent untill proven guilty in a court of law) and as such he was Murdered ( by the despicable Seal Team 6) If a business fails due to incompetence then that business should not get bailed out. Do you really want them to stay in business when they can't handle their own finances? Recovering from depression? Look again. The numbers will bob up and down for a while but you can't say we have recovered until after a long period of say ten years after there has been steady and increasing growth. No wonder your angry, you're all confused.

The same people who died to give her the right vote also died to protect her Freedom in choosing Not To Vote if she so chooses. That's American. You think if I go down and vote for "None of the Above" my vote will be counted?

People, if you find fault with the way Obama handles the cleanup of Sandy then, Yes, you have the Right (people have died for it) to choose to Change your vote or choose to Not Vote altogether. Make up your own mind for yourself. Don't listen to some government shill from CNN.
edit on 1-11-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

WOW. Really? None of those things are an issue. Obamacare - your worst health care nightmare. Bin Laden - patsy who was never proven the ring leader of 911 in court therefore he was innocent ( Innocent untill proven guilty in a court of law) and as such he was Murdered ( by the despicable Seal Team 6) If a business fails due to incompetence then that business should not get bailed out. Do you really want them to stay in business when they can't handle their own finances? Recovering from depression? Look again. The numbers will bob up and down for a while but you can't say we have recovered until after a long period of say ten years after there has been steady and increasing growth. No wonder your angry, you're all confused.

The same people who died to give her the right vote also died to protect her Freedom in choosing Not To Vote if she so chooses. That's American. You think if I go down and vote for "None of the Above" my vote will be counted?

People, if you find fault with the way Obama handles the cleanup of Sandy then, Yes, you have the Right (people have died for it) to choose to Change your vote or choose to Not Vote altogether. Make up your own mind for yourself. Don't listen to some government shill from CNN.
edit on 1-11-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

Hmmmph. Please give some details of why you feel that Obamacare is a nightmare. As far as I'm concerned it's a hell of a lot better than nothing, which was what the US had before - and which was a national scandal. When CUBA has a better healthcare system, then there's something horribly wrong somewhere.
Your point about bin Laden was refuted out of his own mouth. He did it, the entire world knows that he did it and he confessed to doing it in one of his broadcasts. As for Seal Team 6 I find your use of the word "Despicable" to be extremely telling.
The point about the US car industry makes me want to bang my head against the desk. If Ford, GM and Chrysler had gone bust, then the impact in large parts of the US would have been incalculable. It's not just the car makers who would have been affected, but the companies that made the parts for them as well. The economic footprint of a failed auto industry in the US would have been vast. Michigan, Ohio, Illinois... it would have been very, very bad.
As for the financial situation you seem to be under the mistaken impression that you can fix eight years worth of bad government followed by a financial catastrophe and freeze of the credit markets in just four years.
And finally, are you accusing me of being a "Government shill from CNN"?? Because if you are that's the funniest thing I've heard for years.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Dude. The link in the Opening Post is from CNN. That's the shill. I wont bother refuting the rest of your drivel now seeing what your level of reading comprehension is. Perhaps you'll figure it out one day. I wish you luck with that.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Dude. The link in the Opening Post is from CNN. That's the shill. I wont bother refuting the rest of your drivel now seeing what your level of reading comprehension is. Perhaps you'll figure it out one day. I wish you luck with that.

Aha. Apologies about the shill thing. However, the fact that you won't refute my 'drivel' is equally telling. As for my reading comprehension, I fail to see how you have any idea of how high it is.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
why let a superstorm sway your vote, when the electoral college and lobbyists can do that for you and if they dont get you i'm certain george soros's company doing the vote counting in spain will.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
why let a superstorm sway your vote, when the electoral college and lobbyists can do that for you and if they dont get you i'm certain george soros's company doing the vote counting in spain will.

What vote counting in Spain? Eh? Whut?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

What vote counting in Spain? Eh? Whut?

FOREIGN COMPANY BUYS U.S. ELECTION RESULTS REPORTING FIRM Read more at investmentwatchblog.com...

In a major step towards global centralization of election processes, the world’s dominant Internet voting company has purchased the USA’s dominant election results reporting company.

When you view your local or state election results on the Internet, on portals which often appear to be owned by the county elections division, in over 525 US jurisdictions you are actually redirected to a private corporate site controlled by SOE software, which operates under the name ClarityElections.com.

The good news is that this firm promptly reports precinct-level detail in downloadable spreadsheet format. As reported by BlackBoxVoting.org in 2008, the bad news is that this centralizes one middleman access point for over 525 jurisdictions in AL, AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, KY, MI, KS, IL, IN, NC, NM, MN, NY, SC, TX, UT, WA. And growing.

As local election results funnel through SOE’s servers (typically before they reach the public elsewhere), those who run the computer servers for SOE essentially get “first look” at results and the ability to immediately and privately examine vote details throughout the USA.
Read more at investmentwatchblog.com...

investmentwatchblog.com...

www.westernjournalism.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey, a fellow Hoosier! (What did we ever do to deserve such a stupid name?)

I won't hassle you, sis. But I will post a chart of private sector job gains and losses.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I hear you but the idea is to make the best out of the worst. Your vote just might help someone else if not you directly/indirectly upto certain extent.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The article certainly isn't balanced. It fails to mention the lack of voter backlash against the New Zealand government after the Christchurch quakes. Japan goes though Prime Minsters at a furious rate. Thailand has deep internal divisions. A better example clear cut example of a government that experienced a voter backlash despite handling a natural disaster well, was the Bligh government in Queensland. Voters reduced Labor to seven seats in Queensland back in March.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

join