It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POST SANDY: "People are turning on each other -- they're attacking each other"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I watched that last night, really heartbreaking that people could do that then leave the poor guy out in the middle of a hurricane unconscious!

Freaking Feral humans.
I wouldn't raise them up by calling them animals of any sort.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Henery Ford said it

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
reply to post by Sissel

Henery Ford said it

Nope.

Ford said 'Quality is doing it right when no-one is looking'.

C. S. Lewis said 'Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching'.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by mikellmikell
reply to post by Sissel

Henery Ford said it

Nope.

Ford said 'Quality is doing it right when no-one is looking'.

C. S. Lewis said 'Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching'.

Okay then, plagarism at it's finest............still appropriate though.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by merlin07
no offense but this is not news. South Brooklyn has always had that type of crap. People looting and turning on each other, the hurricane sandy all it did, was slow them down.

Do you speak from experience?

Just wondering since you seem to be saying anybody who lives there is prone to, or used to that style of life.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Sad part is, there was plenty of forewarning this time. Those type of people are really gonna be screwed for those crazy things that happen out of nowhere. It always amazes me how unprepared in general city folks seem....
There is usually at least a month worth of food here, just in case........ Even if it is just some of those cheap ramon noodles, although when I can afford it a bit more variety in dried/canned foods.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by loam

It hasn't even been 2 days since the storm and already people are already complaining nobody is bringing them food?
Unbelievable.
Several days of warning and they didn't bother to get a few cans of soup yet they expect the government to come feed them like they're Pizza Hut or something.
Worst part is these people vote!
God help us all....

This was covered in some of the preparation threads. Despite best efforts of specific people to explain the need for emergency food and water there were still people that cried foul, alarmist, extremist, prepper and so on.

Now, only two days later people are fussing because the government doesn't have a buffet set up on every corner.

Common sense is the enemy.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well the honest truth is, some of us live paycheck to paycheck, recently my husband lost a weeks work, one week set us back so far we had to choose between food and paying the bills, I hang on to this internet because my son needs it for school, if it wasn't for that I would be off line.

One weeks pay less and we are still behind weeks later, high food and fuel, it is really hurting us.

I am self employed but what little I make helped keep us fed.
edit on 113030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Civilization is only about 9 meals away from collapse.

What an awesome comment. How did you arrive at 9 though, because I think it's less than that.

How about all the zombie topics lately? If people can't find a meal, they will just eat your face these days!

Nine is a SWAG, I admit, but that is about three days and I imagine that three days without food make people a bit more desperate than just a day or so.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
MORE:

ANGER BUILDS

State troopers have been deployed at all gas stations along the NJ Turnpike and Garden State Parkway, where dwindling gasoline supplies are causing frayed nerves as the region endures its third full day with massive power outages.

Frustration with gas supplies topped the list of issues causing tensions to boil over in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut, the states hardest hit by power outages in the wake of superstorm Sandy. Residents jockeyed for fuel at the few stations still pumping, searched store shelves in vain for batteries, struggled with sporadic cell phone service and found themselves unable to buy necessities at supermarkets.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Idiots.

Why are people out on the roads, looking for gas, looking for supplies? If there was gas to be had, the tankers would have a hard time getting there through the traffic. If you are limited on gas, the worst thing you can do is burn it up sitting in line waiting for more?

Anybody sitting at home, with a storm approaching, who doesn't have at least 7 days of supplies on hand, deserves whatever they get, and they have NO RIGHT to get angry at other people for not being able to remedy their situation.

GOD, I miss the days of personal responsibility.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It's the working poor who have the least possible resources to prepare for just such an emergency. I was in that category for many years and know firsthand how difficult it can be.
But when something this dangerous looms on the horizon you did what I did - beg, borrow or sell off something in order to have on hand the essentials to sustain your family through at least a few days of being stranded.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
must be harder to find a large group of visible minorities in a pack.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Hurricane Sandy Looting, Fights Plague South Brooklyn

Water that had risen six feet high hadn't completely drained away from the streets of Coney Island in Brooklyn, N.Y., yet looters had already rifled through the remains of vulnerable shops on Mermaid Avenue.

"The water went away and these people started walking down the streets and just robbed stores," a frustrated worker at the pharmacy, who wished to remain anonymous, told HuffPost Crime.

...police presence in the neighborhood came after looters stole from banks, pharmacies and other shops with valuables.

"It's getting dark, and it's real dangerous out here -- that's why there's a cop on every block," one NYPD officer told HuffPost Crime. "You could get your stuff stolen."

What's interesting to me is how quiet the boob tube media is on this... If I hadn't been reading about these looter and violence accounts, I wouldn't know they were happening.

But if you read the user comments below most print stories, it's clear this is a big problem...and only likely to get much worse.

Scary stuff.

ETA:

Infowars does a pretty good job of making the case that the media is largely ignoring this problem:

Looters Plague Hurricane Victims Post-Sandy

The very real acts of looting now deepening the suffering of hurricane victims are no laughing matter.

The New York Post reports that looters are ransacking “stores and homes across the city” and that some are posing as utility workers to con victims.

These people are not acting out of desperation by looting water or food, they are stealing clothes and electronics.

edit on 31-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Oct 31 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quotes IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

That's because it's white people this time.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by loam

Idiots.

Why are people out on the roads, looking for gas, looking for supplies? If there was gas to be had, the tankers would have a hard time getting there through the traffic. If you are limited on gas, the worst thing you can do is burn it up sitting in line waiting for more?

Anybody sitting at home, with a storm approaching, who doesn't have at least 7 days of supplies on hand, deserves whatever they get, and they have NO RIGHT to get angry at other people for not being able to remedy their situation.

GOD, I miss the days of personal responsibility.

Unless you don't have the money to buy 7 days worth of supplies.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

That is pretty ignorant..... Have you ever even been to the NYC? Outside the tourist traps I mean. It is a quite diverse place..... Wow

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Maybe I don't completely understand how disaster relief works, but I don't think that equates to not knowing how the real world works.

Apparently... it does equate to not knowing how the real world works.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

It's the working poor who have the least possible resources to prepare for just such an emergency. I was in that category for many years and know firsthand how difficult it can be.
But when something this dangerous looms on the horizon you did what I did - beg, borrow or sell off something in order to have on hand the essentials to sustain your family through at least a few days of being stranded.

That is when you pool your resources...Okay, you have a can of peas, I have instant mashed potatoes, okay know who has some meat, or bread?

That's the way it was for me after Katrina. You not only end up with a lot of food to feed each other, you also have other people to watch your back and vice versa.......

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by milominderbinder

That is pretty ignorant..... Have you ever even been to the NYC? Outside the tourist traps I mean. It is a quite diverse place..... Wow

Wait...so it's "ignorant" to say that some people might not be able to afford 7 days worth of supplies in advance.

That's a factual statement. In what way is it "ignorant"?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I have a question about them tweeting the looting.
It might take a while, but can't the police find them because of that?

Seems pretty brilliant to me!
(sarcasm)

That is how many were caught after the London riots. You can bet your bottom dollar that those in Washington were looking at that aspect with interest!

My own personal favourite tweeted looted pic from the London riots.

edit on 1-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

yeah...well...I wouldn't really call taking a bag of rice "looting".

The "looting" occurred much earlier when the govt and corporations together built a system in which large amounts of people consider a bag of rice to be WORTH "looting".

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join