It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POST SANDY: "People are turning on each other -- they're attacking each other"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by loam

It hasn't even been 2 days since the storm and already people are already complaining nobody is bringing them food?
Unbelievable.
Several days of warning and they didn't bother to get a few cans of soup yet they expect the government to come feed them like they're Pizza Hut or something.
Worst part is these people vote!
God help us all....

Pizza Hut

i have reserve to hold at least 6 months alone if im carefull
but the food i have packed is not really for me .. but for friends/familly/neightbors
tried to warn a few that making food and water reserve is a good precaution
always depending on the grocery stores can be a risky mistake
im sure they didnt listen .. to lazy ? or simple dont really care .. i think both
so im there to care for them .. will be happy to share with others if something happens
thats why im prepare for 2012 just in case ..
if nothing happen then much of my reserve will go to charity
before the date of expiration goes out

we need to care more about each others .. dont make reserve only for you and your familly
make reserve for the people that will be stuck
those people can be the most dangerous if they think
you have much food and you dont want to share
im sure you dont want to have a riot in front of your door of hungry people
be safe people .. and try to calculate every probabilities in advance
and dont be to greedy with people that needs help .. or karma will eat you alive
be a loving soul .. not a greedy soul that care only about themself
prepare for yourselfs yes .. but also prepare for other that didnt have the chance to prepare
because of whatever reason they have .. will not be important at this point

God Bless !
edit on 11/1/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by loam

It hasn't even been 2 days since the storm and already people are already complaining nobody is bringing them food?
Unbelievable.
Several days of warning and they didn't bother to get a few cans of soup yet they expect the government to come feed them like they're Pizza Hut or something.
Worst part is these people vote!
God help us all....

I have to reply to this comment.

I am in the UK, but have been very concerned for the people in America who have been affected by this storm.
I have to say that if something like this happened here, I and many others do not have any spare cash at all to stock up on supplies. I have no doubt there are many Americans in the same situation.

I live from day to day to make my pittance stretch, and often go without meals, often without heating, and my food cupboards are always empty. Other things have to come first such as taxes and rent and the other stuff which we can't eat or drink. Food has to come bottom of the list for me, or I would be on the streets. So if Sandy happened here I would be in real trouble.

Before you jump all over people who have not prepped for this storm despite warnings, just stop for a minute and think that maybe some people have not had any money to prepare, how can they if they have nothing to begin with? This is the situation I would be in too.

Have a heart, no-one knows what these people's situation was before the storm - they need help and that is all that should matter now.

When everything else has gone we only have each other - don't turn your back, it could be YOUR city tomorrow, next week, next year.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I was wondering the same thing as I was reading over the news. I had commented to my husband the huge difference between hurricane katrina and Sandy. Katrina showed the ugliness of U.S citizens and the ineptitude of our federal government vs Sandy and the strength of U.S citizens in a time of great devastation and the glory of our federal government to respond. My first assumption was that Katrina was used to perpetuate the fear of black americans as a criminal class and of course to characterize Bush as both a moron and a racist. Now Sandy displays the civility of east coasters and the strength of the federal gov to get things done in order to demonstrate the power of Obama to unite and save the country. Am I totally off base? maybe; but, I do believe I hit on some truths here. The media spin is creating a fantasy for the populace to attach to the current president, which will only serve to enhance his fake legacy and growing cult of personality.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
you people make me sick.

What the hell is wrong with all you UPPITY MOFOS..im not kidding..I wish I could say what i mean on this kindergarden-cop site..

These people just had their goddamn lives ripped out from under them..and it will NEVER be the same..

ANd you're worried about them going to a place to "steal" some food?

I dont give a DAMN if they did this..I WOULD DO IT TOO!

Id be worried if, like Katrina...they were walking down the streets with big screen tvs..( i still wonder what species spawned that one)

These people have no idea when they'll get help..because everyone has their thumbs up their asses..as usual..

There is no electricity..no water..no food...screw it..thats the FIRST THING ID DO..and you would be taking pics of ME.

Have any of you been through a major-life-changing-disaster? NO..i didnt think so..

You sit behind your safe little computer screen..with your fridge full of food, you electricity blaring away..you crawl into a safe, warm little bed with nice clean sheets...

Well..they dont have that..so shut up..shut up and dont think about it again..in fact..why dont you donate half your inventory of sheets, towels and useless yuppy crap that you own to them..

rot in hell..you are what makes this world a dog turd rolled in mustard.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

It wouldn't be some kind of shadow US government plot to forcibly impose Martial Law and start throwing people into FEMA camps (for their own protection OF COURSE) would it??

I have a theory that the "OCCUPY...(fill-in-the-blank) was also a US government orchestrated operation, just got a weird feeling when I read the 'looters organised through twitter'. It's the same type of scenario as the 'Occupy' riots which also had been allegedly 'organised through twitter'.

Probably FBI or CIA operatives carrying out an evil pre-determined plan of creating the illusion that regular people are in danger from these looters, so for their own protection they would be better off going into FEMA protected facilities. They could also then impose curfews, and they could be given the power to 'shoot on sight' any potential looters or even Taze potential looters to death (which the cops over there (US) seem to be forming a regular habit of doing just lately eg,diabetics, elderley, intellectually challenged etc).

Just a thought!! guess we better watch this space...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Id be worried if, like Katrina...they were walking down the streets with big screen tvs..( i still wonder what species spawned that one)

I though earlier in the thread someone said they were doing?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

doing what?
edit on 1-11-2012 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

If it is food, water ,etc, then i am sure that most rational people would not have a problem. However, i am not sure how looting a massive flat screen tv will help them. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

Essentials are essentials. Anything else is theft.

link   

Id be worried if, like Katrina...they were walking down the street with big screen tvs..( i still wonder what species spawned that one)

doing what?
edit on 1-11-2012 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

link   

Stealing big screens and the like go back to the article about looters targeting Coney Island.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

If it is food, water ,etc, then i am sure that most rational people would not have a problem. However, i am not sure how looting a massive flat screen tv will help them. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

Essentials are essentials. Anything else is theft.

katrina was the tvs..havent heard of that in this one..punch me in the left arm if im wrong...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

You know, you could be right. I thought i had read about proper looting (as opposed to essentials) but the more i think about it, the less sure i am. Still stand by that post though, rational people will not mind people taking essentials (food / drink) but non essentials is a whole other area.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird

Stealing big screens and the like go back to the article about looters targeting Coney Island.

look..the original OP post..look at the picture..no one stealing tvs..its a damn food store..the people that steal the tvs, well they just need to spontaneously combust..

people "stealing" food , water, essentials..just shut up..I'd be one of them too..no bones about it, brother. BTW..im a sister...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

You know, you could be right. I thought i had read about proper looting (as opposed to essentials) but the more i think about it, the less sure i am. Still stand by that post though, rational people will not mind people taking essentials (food / drink) but non essentials is a whole other area.

thank you, Flavian..you are welcome in my camp anytime

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

LOL Punch!
Loam posted updates about 1 or 2 pages back where they were stealing flat screens from a rental place at Coney Island.

I don't care about stealing food when you are hungry so much. (Although Ramon noodles are darn cheap and you could have stocked up.)
But this type of stealing/looting is ridiculous!!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird

look..the original OP post..look at the picture..no one stealing tvs..its a damn food store..the people that steal the tvs, well they just need to spontaneously combust..

people "stealing" food , water, essentials..just shut up..I'd be one of them too..no bones about it, brother. BTW..im a sister...

www.nydailynews.com...

They are stealing TVs.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I completely agree I have a family and I would do the same but, as the thread progressed and more info was posted it turned from food stuff to t.v's and the like. That is of course theft it is also being tweeted by many looters about their looting escapades (blatant ignorance at its finest)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Brookstone stocking a lot of food and water these days?

I'd like to know of all the prescription meds stolen how many are things like antibiotics and insulin and how many are things like oxy?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

www.nydailynews.com...

They are stealing TVs.

And from that link, a cash register!

Also from the New York Times article Loam posted one person stole a safe, that ended up containing a gun and now they are facing a weapons charge.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Like steal a tv and go home to plug it in, only to find no power.

That's right, there was a storm that cut power... Umm

Or should I say .... duummmmb

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join