It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For sale: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1 ghost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So To kick off this Halloween season I found this story about a haunted house for sale.

Full Story here

DENVER (MarketWatch) — Cindi Hagley, a Prudential real estate broker who sells homes in San Francisco, says she grew up in series of haunted houses.

The most frightening was a former funeral home in the small river town of Chesapeake, Ohio.

An amorphous, dusty form would appear on the stairs, she said. She would see faucets turn on by themselves, as if by invisible hands. Her older brother claimed to have watched a wrench float across the basement as if wielded by some unseen handyman. And then there were the loud, pounding noises. One day, they shook the walls.

“We ran out of the home because we thought someone was in the basement wrecking the place,”

AnyWho I was surprised to find a number of web sites and realtors who cater to the haunted house buyers
Like this lady in San Diego
The Link for Past Life Homes

Even Zillow has their Top 10 Haunted Homes in the U.S.

So who wants to go check out the next open haunted house with me?
edit on 31-10-2012 by SassyCass because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Oct 31 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCass
So who wants to go check out the next open haunted house with me?

Maybe .. if you have nice legs

I kid ...

That is an interesting way to sell a house, I was always under the impression realtors likes to keep things like that kind of quiet. Is interesting to see someone go for the niche ...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Not sure where you are, I'm guessing California, but that's a bit far for me. I've got a "guest" in my house now and I'm always interested in meeting more.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

We're out here in Kansas and while our house is paranormal free, unless you count my two little girls.
the forest behind our place is crawling with creepy stuff, odd lights and spooky sounds. Hard to describe unless you've listened to my husband make his odd man noises after eating a bad burrito? LOL

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I got great legs,
but my hubby is rather found of whats above the waist.

When you think about how popular the "Ghost Hunter" TV show is, I think this just one more tool in the salesperson's belt to get buyers interest. Lets face it in this market they need all the help they can get.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A few years ago we were in the market for a new home. While visiting one house, I jokingly asked the realtor if the house was haunted.

She told me that, according to NC law, she is required to disclose to potential buyers if the owners suspect the house to be haunted. It was even on the real estate exam.

I, personally, would not mind buying a haunted house.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Every house I've ever lived in has been haunted. Not haunted like Amityville with bleeding walls and stuff like that. Haunted with spooks just going about their business. Still .. it gets tiresome hearing other people putter around my house and going through my stuff.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Tazkven

I got great legs,
but my hubby is rather found of whats above the waist.

And rightly so

I used to watch the ghost reality shows, not so much anymore. But I agree, any advantage to sell a home is a good one.

I live ridiculously close to Waverly Hills Sanatarium. Back in the day it was just an old Hospital up on the hill. The old doctor who owned it would hire people for security 24/7 but they were not really professional security, was local guys who liked to party and party we did ... was great actually. Saw and heard some crazy stuff.

When he sold it, the people who bought it turned it into a haunted attraction and they are making a killing.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

We dont live far from Atchison, Kansas and they have a rather famious haunted house there.

The first house on the 2004 tour was the McInteer Villa on Kansas Avenue. It was built by Irish Immigrant, John McInteer in 1890. John was a skilled harness maker.

Legend is that Waggener became wealthy through a pact with the devil and the gargoyles were place on the roof to honor the pact. The second owner of the home is reported as attempting to remove the gargoyles, but fell to his death on the staircase.

Link for more on that house

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCass

Anyone that wilingly buys a haunted house and knowing it for what it truly is, are stupid people. I'd never do it and i have been haunted before. Those houses are also incredibly hard to get rid of which is why realators often will not bother telling the buyers the home is haunted, it's considered taboo in the realestate business to divulge to buyers that a home is haunted since they often get commision for making a sale.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I might like to visit but I'd never buy one... unless it's for my mother-in-law.

Call me a big fat chicken if you like, but not really knowing the what/why/whatfor's I'd never risk my girls. Might throw the hubby under the bus but never my daughters

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I might like to visit but I'd never buy one... unless it's for my mother-in-law.

Call me a big fat chicken if you like, but not really knowing the what/why/whatfor's I'd never risk my girls. Might throw the hubby under the bus but never my daughters

Well, in my old place i had dishes thrown at me and i was alone. I heard foosteps run across the floor of my kitchen and living room and my cat Sugarz tracked it when she was sitting on my lap. One morning i was awakened at 4 am when the light to my room suddenly came on and a gruff voice said "get up!". After i got married my wife thought i came into the bathroom when she was showering and she called my name, and i was at the other end of the house in my office, but she said she saw a man in a white t-shirt and thought it was me. I also had instances where i heard someone walk upbehind me and i could feel a presence but when i turned around no one was there and i got up and looked down the hallway and nothing. I don't have any kids and at that time it was just my wife and and our cat Sugarz. Gizmo (my tomcat) didn't come till later. I hated getting used to the feeling of the hair on my arms and neck rising up, i always knew something was there when that happened because to me i could feel the charged ions in the air, with a static feel to it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
My mom was a real estate agent, she said they are supposed to inform the buyer of ghostly past, but they never do, who would want to ruin their chances of making a sale?

This one time my mom asked me to help her close an open house and it was a totally empty house, I was using the restroom as I heard a knocking or hammering sound come from the closet, I opened it to find nothing, I thought maybe the wind was hitting it with something on the outside, I went to check and there was nothing. I was asked to turn off all of the lights on the west wing of the house and I did so, as I walked to the center of the house I was asked if I turned the lights off and I said I did, I turned around to see them all back on again!

For those that don't believe in haunted houses it's likely you've never lived in one or are simply spiritually asleep. I've never lived in a haunted house until I rented a room in this one house. The room was so haunted that I got used to it, I got a feel for the personality of the ghost, when I played videogames the ghost would 'sit' down on an object and push the object down, when it left the object would rise back up to it's regular form, it would sit on a stack of books, a stack of pillows, a chair, a table, the top of a computer, the top of anything really, based on the amount of movement it would create when 'sitting' I would estimate it had the weight of a 5 year old, very light weight, I later learned a boy had died not too many years earlier, was it the boy? I don't know, I had no insight into anything other than it was interested in what I was doing there, the main reason I know it was haunted is objects would move on a regular basis, we're talking about daily, not on a blue moon, every single day, and only in that room, never before or since have I lived in a haunted room, so if I were crazy I would have likely experienced it before or since, but haven't. If I had a messy room with plastic bags all over I could hear the foot prints walking on them, I had luggage with wheels under my bed, literally in no physical way would it be possible to hear the wheels on my luggage under my bed spontaneously start spinning as if someone were playing with them, things would knock over all the live long day, especially in one corner, it had a favorite corner, if I had anything in that corner, it would be knocked down no matter how sturdy, including a tripod, a tripod built for the sole purpose of not being knocked over. I don't envy people that have to live with that every day, moved out, haven't experienced anything remotely similar ever since.

Only mentioned this story for Halloween, Happy Halloween

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCass

Doesn't sound like a bad haunting.....

Maybe two...

Really though, almost any place you buy used that people have lived in could potentially be haunted in some form or another.

new topics

top topics

join