It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich: Senator told me networks may have White House emails commanding counterterrorism group to

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d

Actaully George Bush dismantled the constitution before Obama came into office. That being said, Obama only further exasperated the situation. He never closed GB, he increased the wars and didn't end them, drones over US, something is clearly shady in Benghazi and whatever happened here was clearly for political gain and ended up backfiring. George Bush should have been impeached for war crimes.
Obama should be impeached for war crimes. If Mitt was elected he would simply follow suit and just like his predicessors would continue commiting the oldest of sins in the newest of ways.

George W Bush followed through with what his father (GHW) had begun under the tutelage of Ronald Reagan. BHO - as the saying goes - is Bush Jr. on meth. He has far far exceeded anything begun by George W Bush and everybody knows it.......he's at least 100 times worse. Maybe 1,000 times worse - And everyone is truly amazed at that.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
THIS JUST IN....
From Foreign Policy Magazine today.

MORE incriminating documents have just been pulled from rubble of the Benghazi consulate by reporters (It's STILL not even secure, folks!).

PLEASE READ:

'Troubling' Surveillance Before Benghazi Attack
Sensitive documents found amid the wreckage of the U.S. consulate shine new light on the Sept. 11 assault that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

BENGHAZI, Libya — More than six weeks after the shocking assault on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi -- and nearly a month after an FBI team arrived to collect evidence about the attack - the battle-scarred, fire-damaged compound where Ambassador Chris Stevens and another Foreign Service officer lost their lives on Sept. 11 still holds sensitive documents and other relics of that traumatic final day, including drafts of two letters worrying that the compound was under "troubling" surveillance and complaining that the Libyan government failed to fulfill requests for additional security.

When we visited on Oct. 26 to prepare a story for Dubai based Al Aan TV, we found not only Stevens's personal copy of the Aug. 6 New Yorker, lying on remnants of the bed in the safe room where Stevens spent his final hours, but several ash-strewn documents beneath rubble in the looted Tactical Operations Center, one of the four main buildings of the partially destroyed compound. Some of the documents -- such as an email from Stevens to his political officer in Benghazi and a flight itinerary sent to Sean Smith, a U.S. diplomat slain in the attack -- are clearly marked as State Department correspondence. Others are unsigned printouts of messages to local and national Libyan authorities. The two unsigned draft letters are both dated Sept. 11 and express strong fears about the security situation at the compound on what would turn out to be a tragic day. They also indicate that Stevens and his team had officially requested additional security at the Benghazi compound for his visit -- and that they apparently did not feel it was being provided.

One letter, written on Sept. 11 and addressed to Mohamed Obeidi, the head of the Libyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs' office in Benghazi, reads: "Finally, early this morning at 0643, September 11, 2012, one of our diligent guards made a troubling report. Near our main gate, a member of the police force was seen in the upper level of a building across from our compound. It is reported that this person was photographing the inside of the U.S. special mission and furthermore that this person was part of the police unit sent to protect the mission. The police car stationed where this event occurred was number 322." The account accords with a message written by Smith, the IT officer who was killed in the assault, on a gaming forum on Sept. 11. "Assuming we don't die tonight. We saw one of our ‘police' that guard the compound taking pictures," he wrote hours before the assault.

The State Department declined to comment directly on the documents, citing an ongoing investigation. "An independent board is conducting a thorough review of the assault on our post in Benghazi," deputy spokesman Mark Toner said. "Once we have the board's comprehensive account of what happened, findings and recommendations, we can fully address these matters."

Obeidi, the Libyan official named on one of the printouts, said he had not received any such letter, adding, "I did not even know that the U.S. ambassador was visiting Benghazi." However, a spokesman for the Benghazi police confirmed that the ministry had notified the police of the ambassador's visit. "We did not receive that letter from the U.S. consulate. We received a letter from Ministry of Foreign Affairs Benghazi asking for additional security measures around consulate during visit of the ambassador. And the police provided all extra security which was asked for," the spokesman said.

It is not clear whether the U.S. letters were ever sent, and if so, what action was taken before the assault on the evening of Sept. 11. But they speak to a dangerous and uncertain security environment in Benghazi that clearly had many State Department officials worried for their safety. Since the fall of Muammar al-Qaddafi's regime, the country's powerful militias have often run roughshod over the police and national army -- and often coopted these institutions for their own purposes. U.S. officials were certainly well aware of the sway that various militias held over Benghazi, given that the consulate's external security was supposed to be provided by the Islamist-leaning February 17 brigade.

www.foreignpolicy.com...
edit on 1-11-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thanks for digging that out for us.................notice the careful use of language here - -->" "An independent board is conducting a thorough review of the assault on our post in Benghazi," deputy spokesman Mark Toner said."

Its no accident of speech that the compound is referred to as a "post" as in "out-post" because it was neither an Embassy nor was it a Consulate - it was a mission - a CIA mission that had very much the look, feel, and purpose of an outpost.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

Well I'd say your are partially right. Bush was a moron and was used and abused and then simply discarded by the people who really pull the strings. In this case it was the "Neo-Cons" and to be honest in hindsight I feel sorry for W.

As for Obama, whom I voted for though don't reget because ultimately it makes no difference which side you chose. My reason for choosing Obama was simple, the Neo-Con's had/have s stranglehold grip on the Republican Party and therefore anyone in office from the Repubs would be forced to adhere to this ideology.

So my thought was simple. nueter the Neo-cons. I guess I was naive that Obama would be different but at least it allowed me to wake up to the BS. The only thing that makes Obama worse is with Bush, he'd piss on your leg and tell you he's pissing on your leg but with Obama he says its rain.

But again, both parties have the same agenda, how they go about it is different due to party innfluence. I.e. Bignew Brezinski is to Obama as Henry Kissinger is to Bush.
edit on 1-11-2012 by masta12d because: Typo

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Whole thing makes me sick. Using American citizens as pawns in a political game. The only difference between this trgic event and all the others in our past is how quickly this is imploding on Obama. I just hope thr truth prevails whatever that truth is. Clearly those that were there knew full well the jepordy they were in. Heartbreaking but in truth never should have been there to begin with, nor Afghanastan, nor Iraq, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordon, Germany, Japan, South Korea, et. al.

It's funny when you thinking about it, of course not funny haha just funny. That here we are in the 21st century with all the knowledge of the universe at our fingertips and yet we are ruled by the most ruthless of dictators this world over. How can we be so advanced, yet so primative? How does much of the population to see things through BS rose colored glasses? When will everyone wake up and take our planet back? What will it take?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Just breaking now on Fox.........

This is new and Romney will have to confront BHO on this sometime within the next few days !

Note that the MSM seems to be on top it it finally............we shall see.

CBS News has learned that during the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, the Obama Administration did not convene its top interagency counterterrorism resource: the Counterterrorism Security Group (CSG)

by FOXNEWS analyst Greta Van Susteren Posted in: Benghazi, CBS, Libya
Nov 1 2012 - 6:29 PM ET

Sources: Key task force not convened during Benghazi consulate attack

By Sharyl Attkisson, CBS News

CBS News has learned that during the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, the Obama Administration did not convene its top interagency counterterrorism resource: the Counterterrorism Security Group, (CSG).

“The CSG is the one group that’s supposed to know what resources every agency has. They know of multiple options and have the ability to coordinate counterterrorism assets across all the agencies,” a high-ranking government official told CBS News. “They were not allowed to do their job. They were not called upon.”

Information shared with CBS News from top counterterrorism sources in the government and military reveal keen frustration over the U.S. response on Sept. 11, the night ambassador Chris Stevens and 3 other Americans were killed in a coordinated attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya.

The circumstances of the attack, including the intelligence and security situation there, will be the subject of a Senate Intelligence Committee closed hearing on Nov. 15, with additional hearings to follow.

Counterterrorism sources and internal emails reviewed by CBS News express frustration that key responders were ready to deploy, but were not called upon to help in the attack.

CBS News has agreed not to quote directly from the emails, and to protect the identities of the sources who hold sensitive counterterrorism posts within the State Department, the US military and the Justice Department.

As to why the Counterterrorism Security Group was not convened, National Security Council Spokesman Tommy Vietor told CBS News “From the moment the President was briefed on the Benghazi attack, the response effort was handled by the most senior national security officials in governments. Members of the CSG were of course involved in these meetings and discussions to support their bosses.”

LINK to further story

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Okay, so Obama said to the American people that immediately after the attack he did EVERYTHING he needed to do!
WHY is ANYONE still voting for this lying a**hole?

THIS JUST IN (from CBS,no less):

Sources: Key task force not convened during Benghazi consulate attack

CBS News has learned that during the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, the Obama Administration did not convene its top interagency counterterrorism resource: the Counterterrorism Security Group, (CSG).

"The CSG is the one group that's supposed to know what resources every agency has. They know of multiple options and have the ability to coordinate counterterrorism assets across all the agencies," a high-ranking government official told CBS News. "They were not allowed to do their job. They were not called upon."

Counterterrorism sources and internal emails reviewed by CBS News express frustration that key responders were ready to deploy, but were not called upon to help in the attack.

PLEASE READ ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE:
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
Gingrich: Senator told me networks may have White House emails commanding counterterrorism group to stand down on Benghazi rescue
1:07 AM 10/31/2012
inShare25
Jeff Poor

I have written several threads and made numerous posts on the Benghazi-Gate cover-up since it began but this one is a bit different than all the others in that - if said rumors as alleged by Newt Gingrich are true - its means really serious "Watergate" type consequences for the BHO administration. This is possibly the most damning information that has come out so far, and if published that would mean that the MSM

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It can't escape anyone's attention that the TRUE narrative is now leaking out in a in a very deliberate and timely progression...In other words...it's coming out BEFORE the election. The Obama 'Stand Down' order is on it's way!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Sorry, but Newt is hardly a good news source. He doesn't name the Senator and thus this is just gossip and considering the timing, pretty lousy gossip at that. Newt is one small step up from the t'Rump as informational sources go.

If you get all your news from Fox, I feel sorry for you. That's like never reading anything except the Old Testament and considering it truthful because you never read anything contradictory. Or new.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

the Stennis arrived on station at the Persian Gulf to relieve the Enterprise on 10/17/12. It was in the Indian Ocean prior. Do not know exact location on 9/11/12
The admiral was removed for insubordination, not for trying to participate in a rescue effort, but for threatening to take action against BHO for failing to authorize others to do so.
General Hamm has been officially recognized as stepping down from Africom. The military announced it was a move planned since before the attack.

edit on 1-11-2012 by robobbob because: 123

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by robobbob

Do you know what type of action the Admiral was threatening to take against BHO?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
Full blown desperation mode.

Romney is losing, so let's start as many rumors as we can. To hell with facts, to hell with confirmed sources, a friend told me his sisters friends cousin said this or that may have happened, run with it.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Taiyed because: (no reason given)

Only the incumbent "can be losing" - BUT the challenger Mitt Romney can be said to be beating the h___ of BHO though and he certainly is ...............
as we speak

You're nuts. I predict that Obama will take 60%+ of the electoral college votes.

...a "landslide" by our modern standards of elections being decided by 1-3%

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
reply to post by Vitruvian

As for Obama, whom I voted for though don't reget because ultimately it makes no difference which side you chose.

Can we be totally sure about that though? Can you imagine semi-literate Sarah Palin running her mouth over the very touchy situation w/ Israel and Iran?

I can just see McCain telling her to shut up and she decides it's a great time to start talking about Israel belongs to God's chosen people and that's why the capital should be in Cairo or something equally incoherent.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
It can't escape anyone's attention that the TRUE narrative is now leaking out in a in a very deliberate and timely progression...In other words...it's coming out BEFORE the election. The Obama 'Stand Down' order is on it's way!

Why? Wouldn't that just get Obama MORE votes?

I don't know about you guys...but 4 CIA douchebags aren't worth even ONE 19yr old farmboy from Nebraska....much less sending in a whole bunch of them right into the meat grinder to save 4 of the lowest forms of life this planet has to offer.

What...hasn't the CIA started enough pointless and unwinnable wars for you guys in the last dozen years? We need to rush in and rescue stevens and 3 arms traffickers so they can go kill 50,000 civilians in Syria then proceed to overthrow the Iranian government for a FOURTH time in 70 yrs?

In case you guys haven't noticed...IT'S A FAILED STRATEGY!!!

As it stands I'm planning on voting for Johnson...but if ANY credible news comes out that Obama personally gave a stand down order OR was arming the Palestinians then I'm changing my vote to Obama.

Just sayin'. Be careful for what you guys wish for. I much more sick and tired of escalating armed conflict and Israeli fear-mongering w/ Iran than I am with four dead terrorist scumbags....and I'm not alone. Ever since Netanyahu has been trying to drag us into WWIII there are A LOT of people who much rather it be those four guys than their sons and daughters.

Although again...we should consider that this is coming from Newt Gingrich, of all people. The guy responsible for starting the GOP's Path to Nuttery that we see today.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

MORE BREAKING on Benghazi :

It just keeps going, and going and going.
New Details on Benghazi
Nov 1, 2012 4:19 PM EDT
Two U.S. officials tell Eli Lake that the State Department never requested military backup the night of the attack.
Opening paragraph(s)

On the night of the 9/11 anniversary assault at the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, the Americans defending the compound and a nearby CIA annex were severely outmanned. Nonetheless, the State Department never requested military backup that evening, two senior U.S. officials familiar with the details of military planning tell The Daily Beast.
In its seventh week, discussion about what happened in Benghazi has begun to focus on why military teams in the region did not respond to the assault on the U.S. mission and the nearby CIA annex. The only security backup that did arrive that evening were former special-operations soldiers under the command of the CIA—one from the nearby annex and another Quick Reaction Force from Tripoli. On Friday, Fox News reported that requests from CIA officers for air support on the evening of the attacks were rejected. (The Daily Beast was not able to confirm that those requests were made, though no U.S. official contacted for this story directly refuted the claim either.)
It’s unlikely any outside military team could have arrived in Benghazi quickly enough to save Ambassador Chris Stevens or his colleague Sean Smith, both of whom died from smoke inhalation after a band of more than 100 men overran the U.S. mission at around 9:30 p.m. that evening and set the buildings inside ablaze.

But military backup may have made a difference at around five the following morning, when a second wave of attackers assaulted the CIA annex where embassy personnel had taken refuge. It was during this second wave of attacks that two ex-SEALs working for the CIA’s security teams—Glenn Doherty and Tyrone Woods—were killed in a mortar strike.

edit on 2-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

MORE BREAKING on Benghazi :

It just keeps going, and going and going.
New Details on Benghazi
Nov 1, 2012 4:19 PM EDT
Two U.S. officials tell Eli Lake that the State Department never requested military backup the night of the attack.
Opening paragraph(s)

On the night of the 9/11 anniversary assault at the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, the Americans defending the compound and a nearby CIA annex were severely outmanned. Nonetheless, the State Department never requested military backup that evening, two senior U.S. officials familiar with the details of military planning tell The Daily Beast.
In its seventh week, discussion about what happened in Benghazi has begun to focus on why military teams in the region did not respond to the assault on the U.S. mission and the nearby CIA annex. The only security backup that did arrive that evening were former special-operations soldiers under the command of the CIA—one from the nearby annex and another Quick Reaction Force from Tripoli. On Friday, Fox News reported that requests from CIA officers for air support on the evening of the attacks were rejected. (The Daily Beast was not able to confirm that those requests were made, though no U.S. official contacted for this story directly refuted the claim either.)
It’s unlikely any outside military team could have arrived in Benghazi quickly enough to save Ambassador Chris Stevens or his colleague Sean Smith, both of whom died from smoke inhalation after a band of more than 100 men overran the U.S. mission at around 9:30 p.m. that evening and set the buildings inside ablaze.

But military backup may have made a difference at around five the following morning, when a second wave of attackers assaulted the CIA annex where embassy personnel had taken refuge. It was during this second wave of attacks that two ex-SEALs working for the CIA’s security teams—Glenn Doherty and Tyrone Woods—were killed in a mortar strike.

edit on 2-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

BREAKING!!!

Another shocking "report" citing only two unnamed "senior US officials"!

This is what desperation looks like people!!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Lets talk about benghazi.... better yet lets talk about:

1. June 14, 2002; U.S. Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
2. Feb. 28, 2003; U.S. Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
3. July 30, 2004; U.S. Embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
4. Dec. 6. 2004; U.S. Consulate in Jeddah, Saudia Arabia
5. Mar. 2, 2006; U.S. Consulate Karachi, Pakistan
6. Sept. 12, 2006; U.S. Embassy in Damascus, Syria
7. Jan. 12, 2007; U.S. Embassy in Athens, Greece
8. July 9, 2008; U.S. Consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
9. Mar. 18, 2008; U.S. Embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
10. Sept. 17, 2008; U.S. Embassy in Sana'a, Yemen

Where were all the tears and rage and anger then?

You people disgust me.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by howthefuq

When was the last time we lost one of our Ambassadors?

Four people are dead. Many more would be dead if those two SEALs had not defied orders.

Crawl back into your hole.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by howthefuq

Many more would be dead if those two SEALs had not defied orders.

No one defied orders. The former SEALs were CIA security officers. The CIA has stated that it never ordered anyone to stand down and that the Pentagon responded to the agency's requests for military support.

Obviously, the CIA is more than capable of deception, but you have not provided evidence to the contrary. And good luck ever finding any remotely official document that incriminates the CIA. It sounds like you may want a strong and robust CIA anyway though if you believe the agency's response to the attack was inadequate.

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join