It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could America Trust Australia In WW3?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The Australian government do these reports all the time. It doesn't mean much. This is about having strong economic and trade ties with asia not just China. It has nothing to do with the US alliance and everyone knows this is the asian century, the economic growth in Asia will become the driver of the world economy this century.

As for this ridiculous WW3 crap. When is that supposed to happen again? Call me when the shuttle's landed.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
The Australian government do these reports all the time. It doesn't mean much. This is about having strong economic and trade ties with asia not just China. It has nothing to do with the US alliance and everyone knows this is the asian century, the economic growth in Asia will become the driver of the world economy this century.

As for this ridiculous WW3 crap. When is that supposed to happen again? Call me when the shuttle's landed.

Seems the Australia/America relationship will remain strong if there is war.

If there is no war then there is nothing America offers. Who are they protecting the Australian people from? Australias strongest trading partner? Doesnt make any sense.

Alliances change. Its just the way things go.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by GaiusMarius

Australia just signed a 'Defence Treaty Bill' with America. Is this really in Americas best interest? America only sells obsolete junk to Australia at inflated prices but still....

You talk about trust while you shaft us in the 6?
The irony is delicious..

IRM

I think the Australian Government is shafting America by stating that China/Asia is the fyuture. Who decided this? America thinks they will be superpower long into the future. The 'white paper' is a massive slap in the face to America.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

If there is no war then there is nothing America offers. Who are they protecting the Australian people from? Australias strongest trading partner? Doesnt make any sense.

It doesn't make any sense because you are not protecting us. We do NOT need your protection. No one is invading us. That kind of invasion paranoia is an American thing. You are USING us in your little chess game with China. Plain and simple.

Wake up man!

IRM :shk:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Australia just signed a 'Defence Treaty Bill' with America. Is this really in Americas best interest? America only sells obsolete junk to Australia at inflated prices but still....

You talk about trust while you shaft us in the 6?
The irony is delicious..

IRM

I think the Australian Government is shafting America by stating that China/Asia is the fyuture. Who decided this? America thinks they will be superpower long into the future. The 'white paper' is a massive slap in the face to America.

i will be honest...you did offend me. when only this week we had the body of another soldier's body returning home from a war that we didnt start. but why are we there ???? because we are americas friend and support them through thick and thin.

in all honesty, this whole australia/america/england talk is absolute bullcrap. we really are friends with just about everyone. you show me a war that either started and we didnt support them and ill eat my hat. ww1 ww2 korea vietnam, the middle east. what more proof do you want. tell me how many do we have to lose or how much blood do we have to shed to prove it ?????

think about it. realistically, if china has a war with anyone the whole world is screwed. look around any house in any country and tell me how many "made in china" items there are. it would take a couple of years for all our countries to get their manufacturing up and running again. but think of the employment for us all it would create.

i refer you again to the quote in my earlier post...."dont be fooled by propaganda from a minority government. it wouldnt suprise me to see a pic of the prime minister squatting on a toilet seat to please the asian, while wearing a burka to please the muslims and a red back spider on the toilet seat to please the aussies."....these paper are the work of a desperate government.

in closing to all our american/ english/ canadian friends...please stop asking us to prove our friendship. good friends dont need to questions ones loyalty all the time.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

well said

I think this thread is nonsense

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I seriously can not remember when I last bought something with "Made in the USA"

Except my Fenders.

Who cares what the yanks think.

We do what we do.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Every Aussie I've worked with was a stand up bloke. I think the US/AUstralian friendship goes too far back to for us to become enemies in any forseable future.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It doesn't make any sense because you are not protecting us. We do NOT need your protection. No one is invading us. That kind of invasion paranoia is an American thing. You are USING us in your little chess game with China. Plain and simple.

Wake up man!

IRM :shk:

I did have a long conversation with several AUstralian officers several years back where they saw the biggest threat to Australia as Indonesia. I'd come to help Australia if necessary. I've liked the Aussies I've worked with.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So the trustworthy becomes the untrustworthy?

Your so called super power is barely the teenager of the planet, who can not control his hormones or emotions yet, and has still to learn to play nice in the sand pit of life, while making sure there's something left for the future to play with. You have just proven that it doesn't matter how much you get you will always want more.

Your funny man.

We will always do what we need to do.

Being the instigator of the push would not work out so well for you, me thinks.

America has contributed a lot to modern world, but geez they've made a mess as well, perhaps you should concern yourself with clean up instead, and leave diplomacy to those who see no lines of separation.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This asian fascination in Australia has been going on since I was a kid in the 70s and they had a subject at school called asian social studies and they were trying to get kids to learn asian languages. In spite of successive governments best attempts, asian governments are not really interested in us even though China and Japan are 2 of our biggest trading partners. As one in 4 Australians have been born overseas I don't know where loyalties will lie in the future unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

My Gibsons were made in the US as well. My Fender is Japanese like my Ibanez but they are all great.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
POS Thread.

We are dying in Afghanistan right now for you ungrateful wankers.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

You got a good point.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I also as an Australian, find this thread offensive. The topic along with the Australia bashing by you Yanks and Poms.

Think we're your bitch, America? I'll be over there on holiday in 3 short months..let's see if any of your comrades actually have the balls to spew such BS face to face or whether everything we hear about you lot over here is true (full of sh*t, p*ss weak loud mouths). Someone may become MY bitch.

You do realise that American troops are going home from Afghanistan before our boys do and yet again, we're left to do the hard work that your troops can't handle.

It's us Aussies that can't trust you lot (remember WW2?) General Douglas MacArthur may be a hero over there but his name is mud in Australia.

For the record, we do have a much brighter future with China than America- economically speaking.

to this thread and most of the opinions expressed within...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have never met an Aussie (sp) that I wouldn't want at my back in a fight. Perhaps I am lucky and have only met good ones.

The questions I would ask is if America can trust Americans in the event of WWIII.

Look at 9/11. It was a single attack (multi-pronged) by a supposed group of muslim terrorists. Within hours Americans were shooting everyone brown they could find. Now imagine what would happen in the event of a protracted war on our soil.

+edit - nobody with a shred of an education thinks of Macarthur as a hero by any stretch of the imagination.
edit on 31-10-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This thread and mainly the OP has a very similar feel to threads that were being posted a while back on ATS, filled with hypothetical divisions,ultimatums and hatred !! Full of BS . WW3??

Why is a trade alliance with one country ( China) going to or have to dictate how we as a people, nation and country feel about humanity, human rights or alliances with another? Would be interested as to what continent the OP resides on.

This thread IS offensive, OPs aim, most likely.

ETA Returning member is my guess.

edit on 31-10-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
WW3 and why would that happen in the first place.
Isn't it the U.S who are the instigators who start these B.S wars. Maybe you should start not trusting your own government before not trusting Australians.

We got troops in Afghanistan body guarding U.S troops and your sitting there asking if we can be trusted.

Ungrateful yank.
edit on 31-10-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I can only speculate, but I believe the OP may not even be from the USA. ( although that is the direction he/she is leading the readers to believe without saying as much)
Happy to be proven wrong, but don't think I am

edit on 31-10-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I really worry about all the Chinese Aussies that live in Australia. There are so many. More Chinese have decided to make Australia their home than any other nationality. There are very few Americans that live in Australia.

And what about the Lebanese? If WW3 breaks out Lebanon will be against America. Australia saw a violent protest in that was directed at Americans. The American Government had to warn Americans that were in Australia to stear clear. ( what does an American look like? )

Australia may see domestic unrest if it supports America in WW3. I really dont think the marines stationed in Australia will be in a safe position.

Scary times.
edit on 31-10-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)

edit- seems like the safest thing would be for America to remove the troops from Australia. There are many nutcase muslim extremists in Australia. The American troops just dont seem to be in a safe place in relation to Australia. If WW3 breaks out we may see jihadists attacking Americans like what happened in Libya.

I think its a concern that should be considered. The Chinese are stong nationalists also.
edit on 31-10-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join