It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could America Trust Australia In WW3?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It is clear since the 'Asian Century' white paper was released that the Australian Governmet considers China to be its future for the next 100 years.

What does this mean for the Australia/America alliance? Australia is openly declaring that America is less important to Australias future than China.....for the next 100 years.

Can Australia really be trusted now? Is it really safe for America to share anything with Australia as far as the military goes? Can America be sure that Australia will keep its secrets? Are the Marines stationed in Australia in a safe position?

I cant see how the American Government would not be concerned and insulted by the 'Asian Century' white paper. The Australian Government obviously thinks Americas time as superpower is drawing to a close in the very near future.

I understand that the Australian Government is in a difficult position and feels that it must look to China to ensure Australias economy remains strong into the future but did they really need to be so blunt? 100 years? Australia obviously holds little hope that the American Government can fix its economy and pay its National Debt.

Are Australia just saying what everyone else is thinking?

Australia just signed a 'Defence Treaty Bill' with America. Is this really in Americas best interest? America only sells obsolete junk to Australia at inflated prices but still.... I think America needs to consider if Australia can be trusted in the alliance. What would Australia do if it came to the crunch? If WW3 breaks out, the Australia Government will obviously need to consider the fact that they believe China is Australia future for the next hundred years.

I dont think America can trust Australia from this point on.
edit on 31-10-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

link   
reply to post by Sinny

Seems like Australia is Chinas bitch.

Seems the Australian Government have decided on a godfather. China said they must.

link   
Can anyone trust the USA not to start one, is surely more to the point ?
And I include the UK in the same bracket incidentally.!

link   
I think the whitepaper is nothing more than an economic direction, a focus to make our people familiar with Asian business through youth language programs and sustained 'positive' advertising.

Our % of contribution to America, on an economic scale is pretty small, and will not change with this direction change. When the chips are down, we are a western, Caucasian nation and will always follow the Brits and the Americans, so long as its not a complete nut job radical right wing stance.

I think the US will use this as a means to learn more about China and better infest their structure!

In the end we will be begging for American help if the world turns to war against Asian.

As for Australia's direction and this 'white paper' I doubt the Chinese will allow us wiggle room. We have our hands out asking for trade and assistance, China could easily get its Iron from South Africa. Add to the mix they are still holding a grudge about how we ripped them off per tonne of Iron Ore for so long.

If Australia is indeed going to move forward with this Asian/Chinese direction, then we absolutely must have Rudd at the helm, he's fluent in the language and the Chinese respect him more than they will ever respect Julia and Tony.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Could the same not be said about Canada and our decision to ship oil to China instead of the US? Canada and Australia share a similar relationship to the US & England.

You argument is illogical in my opinion and your conclusions are soo far reaching, that I dont think we can make any determination who will be on who's side if and when WW3 sparks.

Please show me some credible sources that support your theory that Australia would militarily support Asia.

This thread will turn into nation bashing I fear.

Edit: Have you read the entire paper, i found this point important for you, that i think you missed

working with the United States to ensure it continues to have a strong and consistent presence in the region, including through enhanced practical cooperation between Australia and the United States (US);

oh and this

The 2013 Defence White Paper will consider in detail the implications of the changing strategic circumstances in our region for Australia’s Defence and national security, including:
• The ongoing strategic shift to our region, the Asia Pacific and the Indian Ocean Rim, particularly the shift of economic weight to our region;
• The US re-balance to the Asia Pacific and Australia’s enhanced practical cooperation with the US pursuant to our 60 year old Alliance relationship;

This paper seems to promote defense ties with the US....You have formed a biased opinion based on the economic information alone. Read the entire paper and you will see a comprehensive view point of the Australian-US relationship in conjunction with Asia.

peace

edit on 31-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GaiusMarius

Mostly, I think if ww3 starts, we'll see whatever we see. Australia is only one of the potential new foes you'd have to deal with. Countries will form alliances, and declare neutralities, and a lot of that will likely be based on who they think will come out on top.

As for "did they have to be so blunt?"... Sure. Hiding the fact that they see China as the leading power (and the horse to which their cart is hitched) would look worse, wouldn't you think? Like they were trying to pull a fast one...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mysticblade
Can anyone trust the USA not to start one, is surely more to the point ?
And I include the UK in the same bracket incidentally.!

Don't mess with our corporation's cash flow and we won't start nothing, honest !

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It does seem like the Australian Government would prefer to be Switzerland but that wont be possible in my opinion.

Another thing to consider is all the Chinese that live in Australia. If Australia does decide to stick with America what will be done with the masses of Chinese Aussies? Concentration Camps?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
An Australian General was just put 2nd in charge of America's Pacific Army Command.

A technicality likely so he's in charge of the nukes Obama placed in Australia.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
the australian government may be someones "bitch"...but the population isnt.

as an australian i find this thread offensive. i have family in graves on foreign soil proving whom we stand beside.

i really hope that no members of the families of aussie soldiers killed serving in the middle east would read this thread.

dont be fooled by propaganda from a minority government. it wouldnt suprise me to see a pic of the prime minister squatting on a toilet seat to please the asian, while wearing a burka to please the muslims and a red back spider on the toilet seat to please the aussies.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well, I commented a few times i'll give my opinion ...

I think Australia as pointed out in those papers recognizes the growing middle class in Asia and although not pointed out, the decline of the American middle class. It don't take a call to Miss Cleo to see where the money is.

America's corporations through outsourcing jobs are responsible for this decline in the States and it apparently is not going to stop, Australia is just following the money ...

edit on 31-10-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GaiusMarius

The real question is:

Can Australia trust the US in WW3?

On too many Occasions the US have armed and traded with "friends", only to turn their backs on them later.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

I meant no disrespect to you bellagirl and apologize.

Not an excuse but is easy to be desensitized of the people when talking about their Governments, I know I live in the states and hear it all the time on here, I just try not to take it personally and when I talk about China, Australia or any other country it's about the Government not the people except Canada

I kid, I kid

edit on 31-10-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I think I insulted her. I mean no offence. It just strikes me as an interesting topic.

Go Rabbitos!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Alright, alright - let's re-phrase shall we-

Australia is everybodies bitch

I did not know the animosity between England and Australia was still so strong. I for one embrace my Australian brothers and sisters and welcome them to my log cabin for some maple syrup and strong beer here in Canada.

Edit: Back on topic. Perhaps this disconnect that we are observing here, joking or not, could influence future diplomatic relations with Australia. However, as an above poster said, the Australian people are not their government, like many of us claim about our own governments, and they will do what is best for the Australian people.

Peace

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaiusMarius

Australia just signed a 'Defence Treaty Bill' with America. Is this really in Americas best interest? America only sells obsolete junk to Australia at inflated prices but still....

You talk about trust while you shaft us in the 6?
The irony is delicious..

IRM

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The current Australian "Government" (cough, splutter) does not speak for the average Aussie. In fact, it was not elected by the people, TWICE! Disregard anything this hypocrisy releases. It does not represent the views of the majority of Australians.

And you Americans think Obama is bad. LOL!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join