It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had never thought about this in this way, but I am sure that Obama and his administration have!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I don't know who originally wrote this, or I would credit it to them. If anyone knows please inform me so that I can credit it to them.

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:
There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .
Allow me to restate that number:

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.
More men under arms than in Iran .
More than France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home safely.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states.

It's millions more.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting...it's not just a way to fill the freezer.
It's a matter of national security.
That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.
Food for thought, when next we consider gun control.
Have A Great Day!
-------------------------------------
Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain...what army of 2 million would want to face 30, 40, 50 million armed citizens.

(IF YOU AGREE, AS I DO, PASS IT ON, I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS)

For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.

I absolutely agree with this sentiment. This is why obama is trying to use the UN to void the Second Amendment. We must never allow this. Thank you all for reading and thinking about this important issue.

edit on 31-10-2012 by DarthMuerte because: To Add External Quote Tags

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

You need to keep thinking about this, your not done figuring it out.
When armed people in other countries defend themselves from invaders, they are called Terrorist.
What do you think you will be called?

Think Hard.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Well 2nd Amendment..
Is practically the only defence system the American public has from a police state, from a federal state.
Additionally, the person you have quoted has certainly done the numbers, and it does seem that in some way America would not be defeated in an invasion.

If they do get rid of the 2nd Amendment, well good luck to you all.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Anyone that tries to defend something/someone is a terrorist now adays.
You have a look how they blaimed the peaceful (not really now) protestors in Syria to be terroist.
I'm sure they have pointed the terrorist finger at many people that have went on a peaceful strike.

It is the only way, the government and the media can scare the public
Making them go against what the opposing view is trying to fight for.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

Thanks for the reply. I kind of subconsciously knew that there were "allot" of us, but I never did the math. Those are just the "legal", registered gun hunters. There is no way to know how many unregistered weapons are out there, and I hope it stays that way.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

You need to keep thinking about this, your not done figuring it out.
When armed people in other countries defend themselves from invaders, they are called Terrorist.
What do you think you will be called?

Think Hard.
I am already considered a terrorist by my own government. You think I care what an invader calls me? Now, if I go to another country and attack helpless civilians instead of military and political targets; then I would consider myself a terrorist. Political and military targets are completely legal targets to attack in a war. Using whatever means necessary.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Well there could be another couple of millions.
But practically speaking,
Those hunters are experienced, they have took their training from their parents, and prior that.
They know how to practically survive, what to eat and so forth.
So they are prepared.

The unexperienced ones with guns.
Well, they are a bit like Syrian's now.
Could kill, but do not have the high enough training.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well- It is a part of our culture.

America wouldnt be where it is at today if it wasnt for revolution and fighting back against tyranny.

Cept for lately- it seems people want to stop other peoples rights from saying "No" to unwanted government control over their lives.

If America was disarmed last week- Today the clouds would be grey and the cries would be deep.

The only one who makes things equal and fair is Colt.

There is no other way to protect ourselves from tyranny foreign or domestic.

You come to my house looking to disarm me- you will see what self defense looks like.

They dont own me. If they came to collect- they wouldnt be able to. I am my own master- not them.

All they need to do is send the Tax Rebate (they can barely handle that).

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Obama isn't using the UN to void the second amendment. Anyone who's tried to convince you of that is lying to you and trying to get you to believe a lie. And I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that that person had a LOT more money than you.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

I absolutely agree with this sentiment. This is why obama is trying to use the UN to void the Second Amendment. We must never allow this. Thank you all for reading and thinking about this important issue.

edit on 31-10-2012 by DarthMuerte because: To Add External Quote Tags

Do you have a link for that blanket statement? lmao just because he's a democrat perhaps? obama has actually extended the 2nd amendment during his term.. even the republicans agree ask mitt or ryan and they'll tell you why it's a non issue in this election...

new topics

top topics

join