It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London MEGA Mosque o_O

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You Brits need to find yourselves a 21st century Charles Martel.

Also, I love how any opposition to foreign cultures automatically means you're a racist/xenophobe or whatever trendy catch-all phrase is being bandied around these days.

Payback for the British Empire? Maybe. But does that mean that thousands of Brits who had nothing to do with that period of time have to deal with the repurcussions?

Islam is a foreign element to Europe. It has been fought against for centuries, and doesn't need to be in Europe today. Europe isn't the melting pot that America is. Why do minarets have to go up in Sweden? What connection do desert peoples have to the great north? None. Just because christianity was forced on the Europeans doesn't mean that Islam has to be as well.

I can only hope that Europe eventually throws off the shackles of the Abrahamic faiths, but I know better. You've all grown just as soft across the pond as the most liberal San Franciscan.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I see no difference between one cult's clubhouse and another cult's club house.

You wanna spend millions of dollars to build a place where you get all get together and share your delusions, that's fine.

You want to oppose it because you feel like Muslims are taking over your country? That's also fine.

But don't go around pretending you aren't a Xenophobe.

~Tenth
edit on 10/31/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Xenophobia is a dislike or fear of people from other countries or of that which is foreign or strange. Some definitions suggest xenophobia as arising from irrationality or unreason.

I have good reasons for disliking and fearing many people of the Muslim faith.

Those good reasons excuses me from being a xenophobe.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I see no difference between one cult's clubhouse and another cult's club house.

You wanna spend millions of dollars to build a place where you get all get together and share your delusions, that's fine.

You want to oppose it because you feel like Muslims are taking over your country? That's also fine.

But don't go around pretending you aren't a Xenophobe.

~Tenth
edit on 10/31/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)
How come you can call people names yet I can't?
If I do my posts get removed,what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

I'm confused.

Who did I call a 'name'?

My opinion is that the vast majority of those who oppose these sorts of things, are Xenophobes.

I'm not attacking any member, or any particular person. That is not a T&C violation. You may hold whatever opinion you wish, so long as you do so respectfully.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

And you are free to hold that opinion.

Myself? I know enough Muslims personally to not have such fears. Although it's understandable, considering how those countries operate that you'd be fearfull of them turning your nation into their own.

But the odds of that happenning aren't very good. So long as your elected officials are competent enough to create the appropriate environment.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

My opinion is that the vast majority of those who oppose these sorts of things, are Xenophobes.

It's all a matter of opinion I suppose. I'd prefer the name "Observant" citizen meself. It's better than being called a Islamaphobe.

Is there such a thing as Ameriphobe or Jewaphobe as well?

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It's our elected officials that have created this environment.All to satisfy their lust for money through the endless supply of cheap labour.
When your indigenous population are homeless and foreigners are given priority in social housing their is something far wrong.
Maybe that's why our elected officials didn't bother to ask us if we wanted flooded with immigrants,they knew we would say no way.
These people don't just want a mosque,they want it to be a sharia zone.I think if you don't want to follow our laws then the taxpayer would be happy to buy you a plane ticket back to your middle east hell hole.As long as you can never come back.

link   
reply to post by stumason

Not at all, matey. I have a problem with this group who want to build it because of their dubious links to Salafists in Saudi. The Muslim group who opposes it also says they have more than enough Mosques and they should be looking to consolidate, not build more.

I understand that stu and I share your discomfort and concerns about the Salfists / Wahhabists who are funding this Mosque.
I suspect their motives are increasing their profile within the Muslim community in general and spreading their particularly intolerant and repressive brand of Islam with the ultimate goal of imposing Sharia.

My concerns are if they are denied permission to build this mosque will this set a precedent - first a mosque in West Ham next a synagogue in Manchester then a Catholic church wherever - and that is only one step away from denying people of 'minority' political beliefs the right to meet and converse.

Of course we are a long way from that - but is it the thin end of the wedge?

In addition, by denying them the right to build this mosque will we not be giving 'them' more ammunition to use and manipulate against 'us' - proof of 'our' intolerance and hypocrisy - and thus drive more impressionable young Muslims into the clutches of the extremists?

At the end of the day, local opposition to this plan is strong with even the council opposing it.

And that should stand for a lot.
To be honest, I certainly wouldn't like it anywhere in my town let alone my local vicinity. (Fortunately there is only one at present and that is quite discreetly situated).

I am trying to play a bit of Devils Advocate here -we need to be aware of the motivations behind banning this mosque and what the possible ramifications are in doing so.

One has to wonder why they do not build the mosque in an area with a high Muslim population which would use it, rather than in the middle of an area which evidently doesn't.

Probably because it wouldn't be as high profile and controversial.

Freedom to worship, think and live your life goes both ways, after all.

Indeed - sentiments that are sadly lacking in many interpretations of Islam.
edit on 31/10/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Is there such a thing as Ameriphobe or Jewaphobe as well?

Yes, there sure is.

I myself am prone to some Xenophobia regarding China and their ever increasing foot hold in Canada. I'm not really worried about Chinese Immigration, more about state owned companies buying Canadian resources like Energy companies etc..

Not something that benefits Canadians IMO.

But yeah, I see where everybody is coming from.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

You're right about that.

Incompetent management of your country has led to this. Do something about it as an electorate.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
As long as their takeaway shops continue serving halal chicken, everything will be just kosher!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Xenophobe? Thats a pretty strong word, basically a racist.

I live and work with, poles, turks(muslims), russians, chinese, africans(muslims), malaysians and even have a couple of americans lol as neighbours ,and we all get on great it's these political muslims who refuse to integrate in the western way of life.

If i'm xenophobic and all the above nations i've mention for not wanting a tablighi jamaat mega muslim temple being pushed hard by wealthy arabs to be built were we live, then i guess our understanding of multiculturalism is wrong, tablighi jamaat muslims are not real muslims, they are basically a stone age political movement that's hell bent on sharīʿah, and refuse to accept our way of life.

Thankfully this temple has been rejected many times, and i very much doubt it will be granted planning permission.

The problem really is in the media age the big mouths get heard the most, and exploit our laws and the western freedom of speech to incite hate to the younger generation, creating a vicious circle, that will end badly for all of us.

edit on 31-10-2012 by TheMaverick because: I'm expressing my right to edit my post.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Incompetent management of your country has led to this.

I think that's the general consensus.

Do something about it as an electorate.

If only.
Unfortunately we have a system that is designed to maintain the status quo.
There is very little difference between the major political parties and their priorities are personal advancement and gain whilst giving very little regard for the cares, concerns and interests of the general population, who in turn have been dumbed down to accept there are no viable alternatives.

In addition frank and open discussion on the UK's open immigration policy and creeping Islamification is actively discouraged and supressed and anyone who attempts to do so is immediately demonised.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

A year or two ago they tried to apply to build a mega mosque in Dagenham/Rainham which was better served by a major road link (A13) and was away from residential area and that was denied.

The proposed mosque at abbey mills is very poorly served by roads and is in a very built up residential area which has a large white unwaged population that are against the proposals so lets see how it goes.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I love this idea! Hopefully it will attract more Muslims to London.

So good to see people from different cultures living side-by-side. Sure it has its difficulties at first, like racism and islamaphobia but we can overcome those, if I can then anyone could. This is the way the world will be in the future, as people can move about more.

It's great to see that Muslims in the UK aren't forced to completely abandon their culture and their identity, the tolerance shown by some Brits has been inspiring. Maybe Australia could start building mosques for them, it would help attract them here and be a great gesture to welcome them, it might also be a good way to say sorry for all our racism and injustices.

Its funny how people who have a Muslim/black/whatever friend say "He's OK, its all the other ones out there that aren't"..and I'm like "but the only Muslim you know is OK, so what does that tell you?".

If there are more Muslims here, then eventually you're going to have more Muslim friends and will come to see they are really kind people.

There are bad eggs in every bunch, we have our Hitlers and serial killer psychos like Ted bundy, and we would hate to be lumped in the same category as them and judged by their actions wouldn't we!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How do you say conquest in Arabic?

Ah do not worry, you will learn it soon enough.

edit on 10/31/2012 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Why are some people so against muslims having a house of worship? Seriously, I am no fan of the church, you don't see me out there trying to undermine any churches being built..... Or any other flavor of worship house out there. It's no skin off my back, why should I deny other people the right to a place of worship, just because I don't believe what they do? I would not be happy if people were stopping me from building my sweat hut every spring, so why would I spit on someone else in a way I would not like myself?

Those opposed, would you be opposed if it was any other kind of religious worship house? Or is it just the muslims you wish to inconvenience?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Your country purposefully tries to get as many minorities as possible to come to your country to increase corporate profits... then you guys get pissed off when the minorities you brought over want to pray?

Get over it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Seems weird how Europe spent centuries dying to keep these people out, and now they are just handing it right over to them. I personally like when a culture can keep it's identity and share that with other cultures. That's diversity. Flooding Europe with immigrants and being forced to adopt their way of life is something all together different. But the bleeding hearts seem to love it, so it must be great.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Sinny

so being against the build will you do anything about it besides typing about it on the internet, cause if not ur point seems moot.

Well actually, I'm just about to join the protest group -

So your point seems - moot.

EDL? Look out for those islamic ray guns. Do you want Bri'ish to be abou' Bri'ish?
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join