It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London MEGA Mosque o_O

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Just wondering what peoples opinion are on the planned London Mega Mosque..

Due to hold 4x's the capacity of Saint Pauls Cathedral - the largest building if worship in the UK, and the largest Mosque in Europe.

Oh, and for men only.

5000 people already worship there.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

You can guess my opinion - I think we all feel the same - What does this mean for society?!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Its the custom built Sharia-controlled zone that bothers me the most, but its only at planning stage, nothing comfirmed, so i doubt london will accept this plan.

We like to keep these lunatic muslims up in Birmingham away from us down south

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

if people want to believe in whatever some dude wrote down along time ago that's there bad, does it effect you personally, cause from the tone of ur post it seems like u dont agree with a worship building being placed in London?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Do not have a problem with it, to be honest. There is a large Muslim population to London these days, so it makes perfect sense to have somewhere that houses that many worshippers.

I do not like the bit about being men only and possibly the government could force change on that. For example, surely it is against discriminatory laws?

I think rather than fearmongering, we need to get realistic about Muslims in this country. Muslims still only account for around 3% of the total population of the UK, with many based in the London area. Therefore my only real problem with this (aside from the men only thing) would be if it was being built in the Highlands (rather than London).

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Seems to me that the Daily Mail article is just digging up old news. It isn't saying anything of note on there about any new plans, just re-hashing what we already know, which is they had planning permission refused and the local council even tried to have them removed from their current site, which was overturned on appeal and an extension was granted for the site in it's current use, which expires this year.

If I was a cynic, I'd guess that the DM has dug this up to remind everyone about it just "in case" they get more time or get given planning permission for the new Mosque.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
My old primary school was closed a few years back and the building put up for sale.You guessed it,they sneakily tried to turn it into a Muslim school(which no doubt would come with a mosque).
The local labour councillor resigned and leaked the information to the Scottish national front due to aberdeen city councils secret handling of this.
Fast forward a few months now we have a huge mosque being planned for beside aberdeen beach.
The mega mosque you are on about disgusts me,'mission creep' has now turned into 'mission like it or lump it'.
Anyone who disagrees with the pandering to Islam is deemed a nazi(that old chesnut).
Don't these Islam apologist liberals not realise that Islam hate them more than anyone?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

To answer your question about if it would be a problem in the highlands- I think so because its a big problem in aberdeen which is in grampian.is that close enough?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Sinny

if people want to believe in whatever some dude wrote down along time ago that's there bad, does it effect you personally, cause from the tone of ur post it seems like u dont agree with a worship building being placed in London?

The fact the plans are have been progressing since 1999 and haven't been scrapped is rather telling - I think.

Sharia Law worries me.

Yes, I'm against the build.

edit on 31-10-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

The point i was trying (badly) to make is that if this is going to built anywhere here, then London (with its large Muslim population in terms of numbers) is the best bet. Whereas the Highlands (which probably has about 10 Muslims, if that) would be a terrible idea.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Trust me the highlands has a lot more Muslims than 10!Even the towns in Grampian have been flooded with them.
We are maybe ten years behind England with the amount of Muslims but we all know they breed like rabbits.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
To those of you in the thread that say it doesn't bother you about this mega mosque, it not your doorstep it being built on, hopefully the Newham Council will again refuse this application.

My view on this is not that i dislike muslims, it's because i don't want a mini mecca on my doorstep, my view would be the same if it was a mega church, or any kind of mega temple, we have such a massive housing shortage in london, it beyond ethics that Newham Council would give the green light on this.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Interesting take on it and one i hadn't considered. The thing is though, housing aside, that Muslims practice their faith in very high percentages. Christians don't in this country - for example, more people go to watch the football at the weekend than attend church services. Because this percentage of Muslims attending services is so high, they will need somewhere to practice their faith. That part is simple demographics and logic. I suppose a different (and highly controversial) way of looking at it for those opposed would be that at least most of the Muslims would be in one place at certain times of the day!

All the side issues are a separate matter, really.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

so being against the build will you do anything about it besides typing about it on the internet, cause if not ur point seems moot.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Sinny

so being against the build will you do anything about it besides typing about it on the internet, cause if not ur point seems moot.
Is spreading the word not doing something about it?
If it is then your point is moot.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Sinny

Well actually, I'm just about to join the protest group -

So your point seems - moot.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
A mosque, a temple or a church are houses of god, why so scared ?
Would you rather have built a massage parlor, a strip joint, a liquor store or a gun shop in your area ???
Or you're just scared at the idea of 10 000 brown men gathering together ?

edit on 31-10-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I suppose a different (and highly controversial) way of looking at it for those opposed would be that at least most of the Muslims would be in one place at certain times of the day!

What do you mean by that ?
Second line.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Would you rather have built a massage parlor, a strip joint, a liquor store or a gun shop in your area ???

Yes! They are the only two choices you have!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I feel everybody has the right to feel their hearts

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Or you're just scared at the idea of 10 000 brown men gathering together ?

Would definitely prefer the massage parlour etc.
Are all Muslims brown?That's news to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join