It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voyager 1 Detects Weirdness At Solar System Edge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
reply to post by andy06shake

Surprisingly I believe it only takes about 33 hours for the radio signal from Voyager I to reach Earth. Although, they're saying it will enter the interstellar medium (or crash into our solar system's thin candy shell) between 2012 and 2015 so it's a fairly wide margin and I think probably more of a gradual transition then a definite border.

Its traveling at quite a velocity by now, i wonder if it could possibly burst our systems Heliosphere like a pin(Very small pin i concede) bursting a balloon? LoL
edit on 31-10-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Yeah honestly Obama will have to come on TV and say "Our top scientists at NASA have informed me that our solar system is deflating. They are hopefull that the deflation shall continue to occur in a gradual manner not unlike a forgotten party balloon in the rafters of a large arena. They further would like to express that the so called "whoopie cushion decompression" is nothing more then conjecture at this point."

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Spot on! I can see it now our solar systems Jimmy hat is burst. LoL wonder what the baby will look like? LoL
edit on 31-10-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Plasma science, meet astronomy. Been following the electro-magnetic model of the universe for years now and the evidence keeps piling up in favor. Too bad heretics and blasphemers of whatever dogma, be it religion or science, are castrated until a further, less emotionally programmed, generation can glean the wisdom.

Don Scott provides some insight and possibilities. Listen and explore the site. My background is astronomy and I must say this material fills in pieces to the puzzle faster than any before it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

This is pretty darn cool.....

But what if we discover something we later wish we never had......

SnF

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Very awesome thread!!!!
Thanks for it!!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Too funny Josephus!

More likely: Obama will issue a profuse and prolonged apology because America burst the solar system balloon and then blame it on a evil video that made the aliens riot which accidentially burst the solar system balloon.

Seriously, thanks op for this info...interesting stuff!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Voyager 1 the little engine that could and is still alive and kicking.

Weirdness or not I hope the little fella keeps on keeping on

edit on 31-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I say it's going to crash into a wall; in the vein of Jim Carrey's boat in The Truman Show. Perhaps this will happen on December 21st.
That could cause a societal shift back here at home.

Yes we may not be allowed out of the box. Maybe humans always reach the pint of escape just as the end wham! is upon them!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I read some things on stuff they were looking for on the edge of the solar system along with their studies of the sun in general and so this is what they have found and it is very interesting. I hadn't read this yet.

I'm going to look for another article that talks about how the energy and particles are behaving strangely because it seems I read something about particular patterns or something being observed that lead to a lot of curiosity about what is going on out there... but something is strange about the picture they have provided there.

It seems that a part of the studies on all of this showed that our solar system has no bow shock like most other stars and this was very surprising to NASA and they haven't really come to any conclusions about it other than that we must be moving much slower through space than we thought, which is still extremely freaking fast... but to me, all of this is kind of alarming. Mainly because they don't know what any of this means and various thoughts come to mind because of it.

Maybe someone else if they are curious can easily find what I'm referring to in relation to all of this and if not I will try to find the articles later.

Maybe they have found out that observation was wrong or maybe the drawing is prior to the discovery made about the bow shock... or maybe they just put it in there because that is typically the solar system standard.

It's just a drawing so it's no big deal but since it was an observation that I thought would raise some eyebrows, it seems a little distorting to me to not have a clear picture or a straight record of the understanding/teaching of our own solar system.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Strangely enough, V1 does have a camera and it took this iconic picture:

upload.wikimedia.org...

This is the image of the earth as seen from 6 billion kilometers away.

Wonder why they didn't release any more images since then.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
Strangely enough, V1 does have a camera and it took this iconic picture:

upload.wikimedia.org...

This is the image of the earth as seen from 6 billion kilometers away.

Wonder why they didn't release any more images since then.

Coz the next image is a pot off gold.

Nobody else think that image looked reminiscent of a rainbow?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I don't think that it's a mistake about the round-trip time as opposed to a one-way time, unless you mean that they gave one instead of the other.

We cannot measure how fast light (or radio signal, which is also electromagnetic radiation) travels in one direction. We can only measure the round trip time and then try to deduce the one-way time by dividing that time in half. The problem comes with the inability to synchronize clocks at both locations because once you move a clock to the other location you have moved the reference frame of the clock and are no longer able to determine with any accuracy that it still measures time the same way that a clock that stays with you does. It's from one of Einstein's relativity theories. I think that even he recognized the issue about the inability to measure the one-way time of light between two points and concluded that you could make it whatever you wanted it to be so long as the round-trip time stayed the same.

Weird.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Would be interesting to see if once Voyager leaves the "bubble" around our solar system and gets into true interstellar space if just all bets are off and it takes off at the speed of light in the direction its pointing. Pretty far fetched, but you never know!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I say it's going to crash into a wall; in the vein of Jim Carrey's boat in The Truman Show. Perhaps this will happen on December 21st.
That could cause a societal shift back here at home.

Reminds me of David Brins short story called the Crystal Spheres,

In it all "life" supporting solar systems have a crystal sphere that can only be broken from the inside, and by a space ship traveling light speed.

In the story it is why "et" hasn't visited, no one can until the species with in breaks their own sphere.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
93 million miles and we can still comunicate with it? wtf i cant even get a good reception on my not so smart phone ^^. this is just awesome, i wish it had cameras on it, and if it does and they didnt tell us, i hope they show us in the future. the thing could be flying by all kinds of "space creatures" not aliens, but like giant jelly fish or something and we wouldnt even know, hell it could have been eatin by one and is in the belly thats why its going crazy its getting digested lol. i also wish we made like 40 of them and sent them off in all directions. do these things have some kind of steering eq on board or do they just fly out straight line and hope for best? if so im surprised how empty space is then, that they are still going straight lol. just imagine that thing is flying through space junk/dust thats billions of years old probably older than our planet even. crazy just crazy.

another thought, what if its a bubble and we pop it. DOH!

We are zooming through space in a bubble.

Our bubble (the heliosphere) travels a mere 4.7 billion miles a year relative to galactic core.

We travel around the galaxy in orbit of the core which takes us 250 million years.

Our solar system (bubble) travels through space which we know is more dense in places than others.

The chances of us being in a nebula, entering or leaving a nebula are 100%!

Everything is in flux. Nothing is constant.

Enjoy the merry-go-round.. it's just a ride...

Peace and much love..

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
its reached the edge of the matrix ... it'll disappear from this relity thats been created to pull the wool over our eyes ... this reality we call a solar system ...

ha .. you human ... so cute and funny ...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

If the Aliens are running their own version of the Truman show then they prepared for this and have replaced "V-ger" with their "false echo" probe a long time ago. Can't give up the whole ruse now can they? On account of a "slow boat to China", as it were?

And forgive me out there in ATS land, the Star Trek movie was "cool" and all, but the idea that some monster deep space robotic intelligence is gong to build an enormous whats it and return all the way to earth to "demand the information" because they can't wipe a stain off the label on the probe and read it is well... ludicrous. Who wrote that plot anyway?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Reminds me of David Brins short story called the Crystal Spheres,

In it all "life" supporting solar systems have a crystal sphere that can only be broken from the inside, and by a space ship traveling light speed.

In the story it is why "et" hasn't visited, no one can until the species with in breaks their own sphere.

Now that sounds like a good plot. Problem is they put us here so they know where we are already. That would be like forgetting where you planted a garden.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

As Voyager Escapes, it will send data of a large pop, then a "ouch!", as it escapes from Gods Ear Canal....

I kid.

This has always fascinated me, actually. Wish the technology with modern Cameras were on it to view its escape.

S&F

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join