It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brownes: Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hello ATSers!
I wanted to bring to your attention a new UK Channel 4 tv show called Derren Browne's: Apocalypse. Saw it the other night an was enthralled. I suggest you all give it a watch as it IS that good.!

Derren Brown - Wikipedia

Derren Brown (born 27 February 1971)[2] is an English illusionist, mentalist, hypnotist, painter, writer, and sceptic. He is known for his appearances in television specials, stage productions, and British television series such as Trick of the Mind and Trick or Treat. Since the first broadcast of his show Derren Brown: Mind Control in 2000, Brown has become increasingly well known for his "mind-reading" act. He has written books for magicians as well as the general public. His caricature artwork has received gallery exhibition and is available in a single volume documenting his portrait collection.[3]

Though his performances of mind-reading and other feats of mentalism may appear to be the result of psychic or paranormal practices, he claims no such abilities and frequently denounces those who do. Brown states at the beginning of his Trick of the Mind programmes that he achieves his results using a combination of "magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship". Using his knowledge and skill, he appears to be able to predict and influence people's thoughts with subtle suggestion, manipulate the decision-making process and read the subtle physical and psychological signs or body language that indicate what a person is thinking.

To be honest I've only seen bits from his previous TV shows but have a look at this anyway and tell me what you think..

I've just noticed there are two threads on this already but none have posted the vid stream. Aaaaand... Youtube is available to all the world but the channel 4 link on another thread is UK only.!!

TuXXXeR
edit on 31-10-2012 by TuXXXeR because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2012 by TuXXXeR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

yes i saw the program and i must admit i am now hooked ,

i did wonder how they got his consent for this film since he is not suposed to know that its all staged .
but after seeing the trailer i now know .

the film crew will have to work hard in keeping the film extras safe because if he and the little girl believe that they are in danger and cornered then i think the nearest heavy object will come into play .

and yes i know that the little girl is in on the plot but things could go bad at any time .

as i said i am now hooked and i will be waiting eagerly for the next installment .

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Yeah, they would have got his permission after the fact.

He's done something similar before to a chap that was playing a Zombie video game in a Pub. Put him to sleep, then transported him to a warehouse which was full of actors playing zombies and gave him a paintball gun as if to mimick the game. When they guy had finished screaming like a girl and shooting the zombies, back to sleep he went only to wake up in front of the arcade machine back at the pub.

He said it was the best game he had ever played, until he found out he had been duped by the Man-witch, Derren Browne.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Someone brought this guy's show up on a thread of mine about a show here in the states on the discovery channel called Curiosity: Brainwashing an Assassin. They said that they did the same thing on Mr. Brownes' show. Is it true that it's illegal in the U.K. to show the entire hypnosis procedure during the show for fear that viewers at home will become hypnotised as well? They said this on the American show I'm pretty sure about the U.K. and Australia ( though it may have been France and Australia)

Brainwashed to Assassinate

All I can say is watch the # out of it and maybe they'll put it on BBC America perhaps breaking up the freaking day long Gordon Ramsay Kitchen Nightmare marathons. Though I shouldn't complain as I love it when they're showing the Top Gear Marathons.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I was reading about this show earlier (I'm saving it until both episodes are available) and Derrren Brown has posted a quick Q&A about the show on his website here.

I'm really looking forward to watching both episodes back to back. Derren Brown really is an amazing bloke.

Rev

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Don't know about illegal, it's just not done. That said, Derren Browne did a show where he used a sound in his hypnosis and it wouldn't translate over the TV, so we were safe. They also don't want people copying their tricks I suppose.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow, now thats an extreme reality show. Loved it.

Please post the next episode when it come out!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

To add, it does appear like the activities of Hypnotists are covered by law: The Hypnotism Act 1952

Maybe there were some instances of "nefarious" hypnosis going on? I'll have to read further...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Friday, 2200GMT on Channel 4.

Should be up on 4OD about an hour after the show, but not sure if they let you stream it from the Colonies...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TuXXXeR

Though his performances of mind-reading and other feats of mentalism may appear to be the result of psychic or paranormal practices, he claims no such abilities and frequently denounces those who do. Brown states at the beginning of his Trick of the Mind programmes that he achieves his results using a combination of "magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship". Using his knowledge and skill, he appears to be able to predict and influence people's thoughts with subtle suggestion, manipulate the decision-making process and read the subtle physical and psychological signs or body language that indicate what a person is thinking.

To be honest I've only seen bits from his previous TV shows but have a look at this anyway and tell me what you think..
I think that's the combination that my local pastor uses. Seriously. I will never go into that church again without my video camera running, the people need proof.

Also just a suggestion but I would encourage all reading this to study the mind, motive, psychology, sociology, ideologies, brainwashing techniques, propaganda techniques, as an old rock/metal group once said in one of their songs, "The brainwashed do not know they are brainwashed."

Wouldn't YOU want to know?

top topics

join