It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - "Every Agency Should 'LEAN FORWARD' .."

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Let's face it.

This close to the election, the candidates need to be completely honest.

Obama? He's actually a vampire. (Not the shirtless "Twilight" kind either) and he kicks tiny kittehs with pointy shoes made in France.

Romney? He's actually a ninja trained in a monastary somewhere in Tibet. He can bend spoons with his ears. (yes, he's that good)

Neither have the actual talent to run our country, but either would make a good fourth for doubles tennis.

There.

I said it.

I went there.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Umm..Is it Ok for Romney to politicize it, but bad for Obama to?

While Obama Earns Praise from Chris Christie for Sandy Response, Romney Breaks Pledge to Suspend Campaign for Ohio “Victory Rally”

used a campaign bus for a photo-op – they filled it with food and supplies to distribute

Romney also said he would suspend his campaign on Monday and Tuesday, that turns out not to be true. Romney is holding a big rally in Ohio

Can`t blame Romney I guess...he`s going to need a miracle to win...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
:

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
that darn Obama is using the same alphabet and language in discussing the disaster relied as he does in his campaign speeches.

it's more than and you know it. If you don't know it .. then you are blind.

You're pissed because the president is handling this national emergency well

LIAR. I have said on another thread that Obama did just fine with Frankenstorm.

So are you saying Romney is not trying to use the hurricane for campaigning purposes?

LIAR. I never said that. And yes, I saw that other thread.

Not only are your claims absurd, they show an extreme double standard on your part because you don't hold Romnesia to the same standard -- not even close.

I do hold Romney to the same standard. YOUR claims are absurd. Actually .. they are off topic LIES.
Stop trolling and get on the topic.

You really should learn how to post. I am not the topic of this thread.
And you should learn that someone can be against both Obama AND Romney.
And you really shouldn't tell lies about me like that. It makes you look pathetic.
Go troll elsewhere ...

edit on 11/2/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

What is it with you people??? Gawd .... No one said it was okay for Romney to politicize it. But the O-Bots here really should admit when Obama does the same thing that Romney does ... when Obama acts like a sleezy politician. Romney got his politicized photo op ... Obama got his politicized sound bite ... same/same.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Flyer what would be your opinion of model presidents in the past? Ones who the likes of Rommely and Obama could look upon for examples of past president leaders exercising sensible policy decisons.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Flyer what would be your opinion of model presidents in the past?.

Good question. I have no freak'n idea. We live in a time when information is instant and we can fact check what is being said. The POTUS' of the past lived in times where people didn't question what they said. I'm jaded. I no longer believe anything that any poltiician says. (and that includes BOTH Romney and Obama). Therefore, I don't know if there ever really was an honest public servant POTUS. What history books present and what the truth is may be two different things.

Ya' know what I mean???

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Good question. I have no freak'n idea. We live in a time when information is instant and we can fact check what is being said. The POTUS' of the past lived in times where people didn't question what they said. I'm jaded. I no longer believe anything that any poltiician says. (and that includes BOTH Romney and Obama). Therefore, I don't know if there ever really was an honest public servant POTUS. What history books present and what the truth is may be two different things.

Ya' know what I mean???

Kind of...i have been reading some of your political threads and yes i felt or the impression i got was you are Jaded. I dont understand why you have become so cynical of polticians as after all everyone knows there just people holding a political position and people are by their nature carry with them all the weaknesses of any person. I guess where im getting at, and i hope you dont take this personally because its not aimed at you directly but a hypothetical. Do you believe if you were the president you could do a better job and how?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I dont understand why you have become so cynical of polticians ..

Really? All the lies and the mishandling and the ineptitude that rolls out of DC and you don't see why I'm jaded? Be it Nancy Pelosi on the left and her insider trading ... or be it Newt Gingrich on the right and his cozying up to the faux-man-made-global-warming scheme in order to further his political career .... they all end up being the same. Major self serving disappointments who can't be trusted.

Do you believe if you were the president you could do a better job and how?

I'm not qualified to be POTUS. No one at ATS is. None of us have the executive level experience needed. None of us have the military experience needed. Yes, I was in the military but not at any of the planning levels and I don't have strategic training. None of us have the international experience. My travels overseas don't qualify as 'experience' with governments of other countries. I have some better thoughts on what to do than Obama and Romney when it comes to spending money .. but I'm still not qualified to be POTUS. And in my opinion both Romney and Obama aren't qualified either.
edit on 11/2/2012 by FlyersFan because: added word

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I'm not qualified to be POTUS. No one at ATS is. None of us have the executive level experience needed. None of us have the military experience needed. Yes, I was in the military but not at any of the planning levels and I don't have strategic training. None of us have the international experience. My travels overseas don't qualify as 'experience' with governments of other countries. I have some better thoughts on what to do than Obama and Romney when it comes to spending money .. but I'm still not qualified to be POTUS. And in my opinion both Romney and Obama aren't qualified either

Ok then can you identify anyone who would have the experience? Because if you cant then what other option is available? And i think your premature saying no one in Ats could make a good president. I think i could do it although im not a US national so im excluded on that grounds.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

From the language of this post, you are losing it. Chill. And stock up on sedatives in preparation for Romney's defeat next week.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Ok then can you identify anyone who would have the experience?

On the left .. Hillary Clinton has the ability and the experience.
On the right .. Jon Huntsman has the ability and the experience.
Neither one has military experience so that's a minus.
But they fit the bill for the rest.

And i think your premature saying no one in Ats could make a good president.

No one here fully understands international and domestic economics .. and has international experience with governments of different countries .. and has political experience ... has military experience at a strategic level ... and has executive experience at a state or national level ... find someone here who fits all those things and you'll have someone who won't bother hanging out at ATS but instead would be running for office. I stand by what I said. No one here is qualified.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
From the language of this post, you are losing it. Chill.

- Your link didn't go to any specific post.
- If you were refering to my response to Mr. Inquisitives TROLLING post .. I wasn't 'losing it' I called it like it was .. he LIED about me. I have a right to say so.

And stock up on sedatives in preparation for Romney's defeat next week.

What is wrong with you people?? I've said over and over .. I don't support Romney. Just because someone calls out Obama on something doesn't mean that they are Rom-bots. :shk: I've said Romney is a flip flopper who made a mess out of Mass. and, on the major issues, isn't much different from Obama or Bush43. Geeeze ....

I voted Libertarian weeks ago. I already know the person I voted for won't win.
Go take your own sedatives ...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Ok then can you identify anyone who would have the experience?

On the left .. Hillary Clinton has the ability and the experience.
On the right .. Jon Huntsman has the ability and the experience.
Neither one has military experience so that's a minus.
But they fit the bill for the rest.

Hilary clinton your kidding right? She is not suitable.

And i think your premature saying no one in Ats could make a good president.

No one here fully understands international and domestic economics .. and has international experience with governments of different countries .. and has political experience ... has military experience at a strategic level ... and has executive experience at a state or national level ... find someone here who fits all those things and you'll have someone who won't bother hanging out at ATS but instead would be running for office. I stand by what I said. No one here is qualified.

A person doesnt need to fully understand all these things. In fact there be no one alive who would. A person needs to possess the ability to be able to step back and view things very objectively. They need to be pyscologically balanced and be fair, and receptive to ideas. They need to possess courage and integrity. They should be good with people and have business sense and be able to pick out good ideas from bad from their advisers. I disagree with you.

edit on 2-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

From the language of this post, you are losing it. Chill.

- Your link didn't go to any specific post.

It does, too. I just checked.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It does, too. I just checked.

I click on it and it just goes to the top of the page and not to any specific post.
Whatever. I gave my response. I am not the topic ...

Hilary clinton your kidding right? She is not suitable.

She's qualified. As for suitable ... that's a subjective opinion.
I think Jon Huntsman would be good. Hillary could do the job too.
I don't know if I'd trust either of them. They ARE politicians afterall ...

I disagree with you.

that's fine. This isn't an echo chamber and people aren't going to agree.
As long as people disagree politiely and refrain from trolling ... it's all good.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

What is it with you people??? Gawd .... No one said it was okay for Romney to politicize it. But the O-Bots here really should admit when Obama does the same thing that Romney does ... when Obama acts like a sleezy politician. Romney got his politicized photo op ... Obama got his politicized sound bite ... same/same.

You are claiming Obama is politicizing it because he used the phrase "lean forward" in describing government agencies' actions while he supposedly (I use "suupposedly because I haven't heard/seen this used) also used the word "forward" as a campaign slogan. This is a stretch at best. And people are calling you out for it, and asking you why you are making a big deal out of this, but not doing the same with Romney's politicization of the hurricane. You say here that you didn't say it was okay for Romney to do so, but by the fact that you bother to make a post about this inconsequential thing Obama said, but didn't bother to make a post about Romney politicizing it, you are obviously showing a partisan bias. And we are calling you out on it, as well as pointing out how ridiculous your claim is.

I am not an Obamabot. I have plenty of issues with him and criticize him for those, but he is a sight better than Romney, and when I see ridiculous claims against Obama, while the same poster either supports Romney or cuts him slack, then I respond.

As far as in-office politicians and disasters go, they can't help but be political, in a sense, if they do right in responding to natural disasters. Clinton had the sense to do that and so does Obama. But to claim they don't also do it out of duty and compassion is cynical and -- I believe -- dishonest. The problem you and others have is that your apparent side, the Republicans, often do a lot worse job during disasters, to wit: the Bush presidents. The fact is, it is not just the way Obama appears to be on top of things, his cabinet and othe government officials do seem to be doing a competent job of things. But don't take my word for it, ask Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey and Mayor Bloomberg of New York.

Also, what I wrote regarding your apparent points of view were based on inferences of your post. They weren't lies, yet you call me a liar. Apparently at ATS, if a right-winger/Obama hater calls someone a liar for possibly mischaracterizing another poster's position. But should someone defending the president call a right-winger, who is obviously misrepresenting the facts of a news article they have cited/linked, a liar, then that poster's comment gets censored and the poster gets censured; this happened to me (don't think it was in response to your thread, flyersfan, but viturian's (sp?). Just saying. I realize ATS is privately owned and can do what they want, but I'll call them out on their politcal double standards when I see them occur.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
Why does Obama get credit for suspending his campaign when McCain was harshly criticized for doing the same in 08? I still give McCain a lot of credit for attempting to put politics aside and take some action during the financial collapse. Obama did not feel the urgency in 08 because, lets face it, whatever body he is elected to was used to voting without him.

So once again, is this a case of hypocrisy on the part of the left and the media, or will Obama getting face time touring and talking about the disasters actually help those in need? Maybe Marine 1 will air drop some supplies? Or political staffers will be filling sandbags and clearing fallen trees? If I heard that Obama gave permission to his staff in hard hit areas to purchase chainsaws and sent them out to work, I would be ecstatic.

That is classic Marxism.... the ends justify the means. Whatever the Marxists do for their agenda is acceptable. All others not.

ThirdEyefHorus:

I don't believe Marxism owns the notion of "the ends justify the means." It reminds me of the US army spokesperson during the Viet Nam war who said we had to destroy the village to save it. The fact that the US military has sprayed depleted uranium all over Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan and Iraq a second time for good measure tells one all you need to know who believes that the end justifies the means.

Marxism is a political and economic theory, it is not a tactic or strategy. The ends justifying the means is a tactic or strategy than any entity can use and many do. The fact that you try to tie this to Marxism just shows your own private paranoia and psychosis.

Steppenwolf86:

The reason McCain got criticized for "canceling" his campaign in '08 during the midst of the economic crisis, in order to go back to Washington, was that once he got there he did nothing. Yes, he went to meetings, but he had no solutions nor much to say. So the criticism was that why did he bother, and the fact that it looked like political grandstanding. On the other hand, at the time Obama didn't make a big statement about canceling his campaign, but did go back to D.C. and was involved the the problem-solving process and gave useful input. His shadow economic team was involved in the stimulus bill formulation. McCain not so much.

As for the current situation, Obama is president, so it seems like a very good idea that he cancel his campain events and stick to dealing with the hurricane response and relief until things are clearly on the mend. That is he doing his job. Obviously this still works for him politically, as it makes him look good, but that's the advantage incumbents have during natural disasters -- should they decide to, in fact, do their job. Obviously George W. Bush chose not to do so during Katrina. But to blame/criticize Obama for doing his job and putting his official, conventional campaigning aside is just very sour grapes.

Hope that explains it for you.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
You say here that you didn't say it was okay for Romney to do so, but by the fact that you bother to make a post about this inconsequential thing Obama said, but didn't bother to make a post about Romney politicizing it, you are obviously showing a partisan bias.

:shk:

- THIS IS ANOTHER LIE TOLD BY YOU. Someone else started a thread about Romney politicizing by faking food donations. I posted on THAT thread ... said something about getting some more sources of info and that if it's true then it's a bit hit against Romney. And I've said on other threads that Romneys photo op with all this was politicized.

STOP TELLING LIES. Learn how to post. STOP TROLLING.
I am not the subject of this thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
That is classic Marxism.... the ends justify the means.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Period.

Leon Trotsky was famous for saying that, but he's hardly a classic Marxist, if anything he was a radical.

Wiki

Marxism is an economic and sociopolitical worldview and method of socioeconomic inquiry based upon a materialist interpretation of historical development, a dialectical view of social change, and an analysis of class-relations within society and their application in the analysis and critique of the development of capitalism. In the mid-to-late 19th century, the intellectual development of Marxism was pioneered by two German philosophers, Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. Marxist analyses and methodologies have influenced multiple political ideologies and social movements throughout history. Marxism encompasses an economic theory, a sociological theory, a philosophical method and a revolutionary view of social change.[1] There is no one definitive Marxist theory; Marxist analysis has been applied to a variety of different subjects and has been modified during the course of its development so that there are multiple Marxist theories

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

The fact that you try to tie this to Marxism just shows your own private paranoia and psychosis.

That's pretty funny. You ought to check out some of the Marxist/communist/socialist websites that practically say they would do anything to further their agenda.

How about the words of Leon Trotsky, a famous Russian communist Revolutionary.

A means can be justified only by its end. But the end in its turn needs to be justified. (Also quoted as "The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end.")

en.wikiquote.org...

editby]edit on 5-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join