Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

"Eureka?" I found these Images in 'Orion' just as it has has been stated by others looking for n

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I am not sure if I am putting this in the right place. If not please suggest which section. Thanks

I was cruising around on Microsoft Worldwide Telescope and I ran across this image. I didn't know what to think at first but, then I realized that the objects look somewhat solid with stars in front of them and I’m not so sure they are behind the images.

A better view:
I will let you decide. i am posting this for discussion. Not to debunk or state “eureka I’ve found it.” Just to show you what I found and you decide. If nothing else they are pretty cool images. I also want to mention that they move but, very slowly towards the southeast of the page, as seen by RA: & DEC:

Look it up for yourselves and follow them for a while and maybe you can find something I haven’t. Have fun.
edit on 31-10-2012 by BewilderedandAmused because: I forgot caps in a title.
edit on 31-10-2012 by BewilderedandAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BewilderedandAmused

and what did you find as i cant find nothing

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Are you referring to the orange circular nebula-ish clouds/formations?

I say nebula as that is what I can come up with, I'm not an astronomer.

Eta: I believe those are common.
edit on 31-10-2012 by divinetragedy79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
You should view the work of Danny Wilten, who is 5t4rscream233 on YouTube. He has done a thorough examination of the Orion Nebula. It appears that, in the fractal universe, we originated from the node that is the Orion Nebula. He found an anu and so much more.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

Oh, just the round things that are floating in space. As I mentioned above I am only pointing out that I have found these interesting things in space, you decide.

Thanks for asking

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

Thank you I will look up the name and see what he has discovered. as you can see by my "W", and stuff i am new'ish and haven't had much time to see all the good work others have done so I really do appreciate being ponted in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I am puzzled. To what are you referring to? The orange circular thingy?

That is really common, and by no means anything out of the ordinary in this wast universe. They are called nebulae.

Is this post really about that?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

I just posted because i thought it was interesting. if you look using the tools mentions in the writing in the sky there the Nebula as some call it are not registered as such and so on. Nobody can say what they really are not even Ascom. To bad! Thanks for your comment.

I just thought it was interesting. The comment below yours made me laugh though
"OMG you're write!

Floating Writing in Space, holy s**t!"

That was good.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

if you look using the tools mentions in the writing in the sky there the Nebula as some call it are not registered as such and so on

Sorry for doing this, but are you really from Canada? I didn't understand most of this sentence, as it only has english words, but no "english" meaning.

Can you dumb it down for me...what are we looking at?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Eureka, you found nebulae in the Orion *ahem* nebula. They are gigantic clouds of ionised gas. They make many interesting shapes and colours.

en.wikipedia.org...
upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Sorry for doing this, but are you really from Canada? I didn't understand most of this sentence, as it only has english words, but no "english" meaning.

Can you dumb it down for me...what are we looking at?

My apologies for my English. Though I speak and write in English it is my second language. What happened to the non-sensible statement is that I was answering someone else and did not use "Quote". So the meaning to the sentence is this. If the person I was addressing would use the coordinates floating in the sky (as another described it in the thread) they could look the round objects up themselves and have a good time doing it.

I am a little concerned about you asking me if I am sure I am from Canada. What does that mean? Anyhow I have explained that English is my second language and sometimes things get a little jumbled. It doesn't worry me much but, I do get concerned about it when the meaning gets skewed or unintelligible. Thank you for pointing it out. Not so sure if i thank you for asking if I am from Canada but, all in good stride.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

I am puzzled. To what are you referring to? The orange circular thingy?

That is really common, and by no means anything out of the ordinary in this wast universe. They are called nebulae.

Is this post really about that?

Yes and the idea that they are not registered as Nebulae by Ascom or other places.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Taken with WWT. Look at the classification...they are nebulae.
spider.seds.org...
edit on 31-10-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

WOW, that is great. I could not get any of it to classify. Glad to know that it has been observed and documented. Also I appreciate the information as it might be that something is turned off or Maybe I have to re-download World-Wide Telescope.

At any rate they are marvellous to look at as I stated in my original post.

Take care and God bless

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is what I get when I use the Observer. I think I will re-install the program. Thank you very much.
edit on 31-10-2012 by BewilderedandAmused because: Forgot to say thank you.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Pretty much every nebula you see in WWT has been observed and documented. On rare occasions (such as with the Soap Bubble Nebula), new nebulae are discovered by amateur astronomers, but that's typically when they're using their own equipment and imaging even deeper than the all-sky surveys used by WWT. On even rarer occasions, old sky survey images such as these are used to make the discovery as was the case with Kronberger 61 (here's what it looks like in the palomar sky survey; it's not the bright star or the halo around that star, but the whispy thing just to the right of it archive.stsci.edu... ), but such nebulae are extremely faint and hard to detect.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The Canada bit was me foolishly forgetting that English is not the first language in all parts of Canada. Quebec springs to mind. If I'm not mistaken French is the first language there?

Anyway...I didn't mean to be rude but the sentence in question didn't look like it was from someone who's mother tongue is English. I was right than.

Back to the subject...those are nebulae
I used to watch a lot of Star Trek, so they look familiar to me
As for them maybe not being registered by name in some software....I wouldn't worry too much about that...it's just software. Man made

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well thanks all. That was interesting.

I will now be a little more clear when posting and more discretionary when choosing topics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join