Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Met With Panetta and Biden at WH As Benghazi Terror Attack Unfolded

page: 1
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Obama Met With Panetta and Biden at WH As Benghazi Terror Attack Unfolded

It seems the meeting was conveniently "scheduled" ahead of time !!!



(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama met with Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Vice President Joe Biden at the White House on Sept. 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM—just 55 minutes after the State Department notified the White House and the Pentagon that the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi was under attack.

The meeting between Obama, Panetta and Biden had been scheduled before the attack took place, and the Department of Defense is not commenting now on whether the three men were aware when they met that day of the ongoing attack or whether Obama used that meeting to discuss with his defense secretary what should be done to defend the U.S. personnel who at that very moment were fighting for their lives in Benghazi.

“Secretary Panetta met with President Obama, as the White House-provided scheduled indicates,” Lt. Col. Todd Breasseale, a Defense Department spokesman, told CNSNews.com on Tuesday. “However, neither the content nor the subject of discussions between the President and his advisors are appropriate for disclosure.”......

Obama Met With Panetta and Biden at WH As Benghazi Terror Attack Unfolded


yes, the meeting was conveniently "scheduled" ahead of time.....


bu bu bu ...BUT

The State Department email notifying the White House and Pentagon of the Sept. 11 Benghazi attack was obtained by CBS News and reported by Sharyl Attkisson on Oct. 23, almost six weeks after the attack.

The terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi began at about 9:40 p.m. Benghazi time—or about 3:40 p.m. Washington, D.C. time. “The attack began at approximately 9:40 p.m. local time,” Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee in written testimony submitted Oct. 10.

About 25 minutes after the attack started—at 4:05 p.m. Washington, D.C. time—the State Department sent an email that went to multiple recipients, including two at the White House and one at the Pentagon.
[color=cyan]
The subject line on this email said: “U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack.” The text of the email said: “The Regional Security Officer reports the diplomatic mission is under attack. Embassy Tripoli reports approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well. Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and our COM personnel are in the compound safe haven.” It went on to say: “The Operations Center will provide updates as available.”


No way I believe that the State Department ONLY sent an email !!


No way I believe that those guys were not notified !!



In her testimony to the Oversight Committee, Charlene Lamb indicated that soon after the attack started, she was able to monitor it from Washington, D.C., in “almost real time.”


B-U-Z-Z



edit on Oct-31-2012 by xuenchen because:





posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


You have alot to read up on, 2 geniune heros came out of this and lost there lives. Many lives were actually saved thanks to 2 ex-seals that just happened to be close on contract to something else maybe even deals made for those who died.

Administrations cheese is moldy and someone just open thier refrigator =P
edit on 31-10-2012 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)
edit on 31-10-2012 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thank you.... You've answered a question I'd looked into somewhat casually and not been able to answer.... Biden was there, in the White House at the time all this happened...and likely, directly a part of whatever was seen, discussed and decided over the night. That's been a BIG deal in my mind for possible future outcomes to all this.

If Biden had been in residence at the Naval Observatory or wherever else he runs off to....and (as always) assuming this is like it appears......any possibility of Impeachment would have come with a horrifying reality. Even Dems gotta admit this one if they're totally honest and drop the politics for a moment. If Obama was/is/were impeached over what happened in Benghazi, we'd have had to contend with the reality of President Biden. He was there though, eh? Well..then either nothing happens long term and it remains as it is for power in Obama wins next week. Or....As one goes, so goes both. Of course...I don't like where that path leads either...but goodness, absolutely anything and anyone but Biden.

Really.. I'm voting for Claire McCaskil against every fiber of my conservative being...because Akin is too damned STUPID to be serving in a national elected office. Period. ....compared to Biden? Akin's a smart guy.


...and Panetta is just a political stooge in function and ..a man with interesting ideology and past history as a person. A read over his Bio shows he's the ultimate jack of all trades. He can apparently do just about any job because he's had and lost a surprisingly wide variety in Federal Government....and I can't think where the areas he served particularly excelled when he was in any of them. They just kinda...coasted..like Defense is doing now. No real vision, leadership or particular focused direction. Just day to day.

Hell of a way to run a war.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
How convenient to schedule a meeting with the Secretary of Defense and the Vice President that was to take place just 55 minutes after the Benghazi attacks began. Yet, how inconvenient that the most important three men to contact in an attack on Americans weren't accessible to receive information on the attack.


Why wouldn't the President be given security updates prior to meeting with Panetta? Think about it...anyone here go to a pre-planned meeting with their boss and that boss doesn't have paperwork that is tied to YOUR JOB? What? Are we to believe all three were absolutely empty handed?

Obama is in the middle of campaigning. Why, oh why did he have this meeting on his schedule? He can't take time for anything else, why this meeting? Why at that time?" Is it simply a coincidence they just so happened to have a meeting scheduled at the very time of the attacks? Really?

Our President is on the wrong side, and so is anyone who still defends and supports him. You will be held accountable!



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
How convenient to schedule a meeting with the Secretary of Defense and the Vice President that was to take place just 55 minutes after the Benghazi attacks began. Yet, how inconvenient that the most important three men to contact in an attack on Americans weren't accessible to receive information on the attack.


Why wouldn't the President be given security updates prior to meeting with Panetta? Think about it...anyone here go to a pre-planned meeting with their boss and that boss doesn't have paperwork that is tied to YOUR JOB? What? Are we to believe all three were absolutely empty handed?

Obama is in the middle of campaigning. Why, oh why did he have this meeting on his schedule? He can't take time for anything else, why this meeting? Why at that time?" Is it simply a coincidence they just so happened to have a meeting scheduled at the very time of the attacks? Really?

Our President is on the wrong side, and so is anyone who still defends and supports him. You will be held accountable!


A check of the WH schedule logs will let us know IF the meeting was suddenly arranged. Even if it was already scheduled, those three men were at each other's elbow and thus could have quickly reacted when the news did come.

And we cannot discount the possible fact that intelligence services knew that the attack was to be starting at that time and the meeting was called at the last minute solely for that reason.

The truth will eventually out. Looking down the road, If Obama would win the election--which I doubt at this time--he had better be careful about how he handles the military on this new issue.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun
 


The schedule for 9-11-2012 is on whitehouse.gov




Tuesday, September 11 2012
All Times ET


8:45 am
The President and the First Lady observe a moment of silence to mark the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks
South Lawn
Pooled Press

9:10 am
The President and the First Lady depart from the White House to the Pentagon Memorial
Press Information

9:30 am
The President and the First Lady attend September 11th Observance Ceremony
The Pentagon Memorial
Press Information

11:30 am
The President and the First Lady return to the White House
Press Information

1:45 pm
The President departs the White House en route Bethesda, Maryland
South Lawn
Open Press

1:55 pm
The President arrives Bethesda, Maryland
Press Information

2:15 pm
The President visits the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Bethesda, Maryland
Closed Press

4:40 pm
The President departs Bethesda, Maryland en route the White House
Press Information

4:50 pm
The President arrives at the White House
South Lawn
Open Press
[color=cyan]
5:00 pm
The President and the Vice President meet with Secretary of Defense
Oval Office
Closed Press


Last "Meeting" of the day !



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
So what does this say about the FOX NEWS experts who say
'' our sources tell us Obama was watching it unfold in real time from drone footage ''

seriously, get over this ffs.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
So what does this say about the FOX NEWS experts who say
'' our sources tell us Obama was watching it unfold in real time from drone footage ''

seriously, get over this ffs.


The events went on for several hours !!

You actually believe Obama wasn't "there"


The White House has real time viewing.

If The President wasn't "notified" of an attack this time, what will happen "next time"


Of course they ALL knew as it was happening.

They can't hide from the Sun on this one



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop
 


I can't get 'over' the murder of 4 Americans in service to their nation and yelling for help that would never come.

Everything else is details and those details need investigated sooner than later. The underlying event and outcome though, is what a lawyer would call a Prima fascia case. It makes itself. The nation is missing the occupants of the Defendants table. That is what needs to be determined. Who screwed up to get those 4 good men murdered. If, by some chance and against what things seem to be indicating, the White House was NOT a part of this on a direct level......this WOULD be the time to explain that in one of those rare Oval Office moments with the nation Presidents before this one have had when things were that serious.

Obama might want to consider having his first real face to face with the American people as President, not candidate, and lay out what the -bleep- happened and who, if not they, screwed the pooch this horribly. There flat out IS NOT A WAY to say something didn't go horribly wrong. 4 men died HARD to prove that. One of them, a bonafide U.S. Government Official and representative of the President, when terms in the official language the situation actually warrants.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They cant talk about it.

How convenient.

"we killed our countrymen due to stupidity, but we arent going to tell you why until you call us on our BS"

They cant disclose it. Meaning they got caught lying and wont answer to anyone..

- so this time-The Weapons of Mass Destruction = Corruptions and lies.

Im not suprised- this administration is dangerous.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
So what does this say about the FOX NEWS experts who say
'' our sources tell us Obama was watching it unfold in real time from drone footage ''seriously, get over this ffs.
I'm assuming you're an American. Thats all I have to say. This has nothing to do with fox or any liberal media either. Its about transparency to the VOTERS who put the people in power. If its a limited number of times, it can be understandable. However with the current POTUS, there are several incidents and coverups. Instead of apologizing for some, he constantly blames others which is sickening. It is a true sign of weakness and incompetency.
edit on 31-10-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
How convenient...this is ..

just like the phony jobs report.. gas prices magically going down in some areas (pre sandy)

He is going to jail over this debacle .. he killed our own with not sending in help.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Another day... another detail to be ignored by the MSM. Doubt this will make the evening news... What timing of this convenient meeting. So they did have enough time to pop popcorn before the attack started...

Has an incumbent presidential candidate ever dropped out of the race so close to election day?? I'd hate to see Obama win only to have him impeached the next day....

Interesting to note how many high ranking officials are refusing to fall on the sword for Obama like Hillary did. One General and one Admiral both have something to get off of their chests!!...



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Bump this thread and get noticed!!



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Aliensun
 


The schedule for 9-11-2012 is on whitehouse.gov




Tuesday, September 11 2012
All Times ET


8:45 am
The President and the First Lady observe a moment of silence to mark the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks
South Lawn
Pooled Press

9:10 am
The President and the First Lady depart from the White House to the Pentagon Memorial
Press Information

9:30 am
The President and the First Lady attend September 11th Observance Ceremony
The Pentagon Memorial
Press Information

11:30 am
The President and the First Lady return to the White House
Press Information

1:45 pm
The President departs the White House en route Bethesda, Maryland
South Lawn
Open Press

1:55 pm
The President arrives Bethesda, Maryland
Press Information

2:15 pm
The President visits the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Bethesda, Maryland
Closed Press

4:40 pm
The President departs Bethesda, Maryland en route the White House
Press Information

4:50 pm
The President arrives at the White House
South Lawn
Open Press
[color=cyan]
5:00 pm
The President and the Vice President meet with Secretary of Defense
Oval Office
Closed Press


Last "Meeting" of the day !



Whoop, there it is!

But was that before or after Letterman?
.... The View?

Right after that last meeting of the day was when he flew to Vegas to campaign.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Another day... another detail to be ignored by the MSM. Doubt this will make the evening news... What timing of this convenient meeting. So they did have enough time to pop popcorn before the attack started...

Has an incumbent presidential candidate ever dropped out of the race so close to election day?? I'd hate to see Obama win only to have him impeached the next day....

Interesting to note how many high ranking officials are refusing to fall on the sword for Obama like Hillary did. One General and one Admiral both have something to get off of their chests!!...



An Obama impeachment would welcome in a Biden Presidency!

How do you like them apples?



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro
 


Crap!! Biden is guilty too!! Bye Bye Biden. Luckily it won't come to that....Obama is losing ground fast...

69 mph gusts for 12 hours and my Romney sign never budged from my front yard. Lost a tree in the back yard though!! I named that tree Barry!!



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This whole thing about them knowing is such B.S.

The consulate radioed the embassy they were under attack. The embassy COS would've sent a CRITIC message (higher precedence than Flash) about what was happening. A CRITIC get's sent and is to be in front of the President within 10 minutes.

Unless there was a complete breakdown in communications, there is no way they didn't know what was going on.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif
 

Exactly....and if someone wants to claim breakdown, fine....Then produce the warm bodies for prosecution on THAT part of dereliction of duty and/or criminal negligence and if they really DID have a breakdown of that tragic a kind, it should stand right on up in court and convict them easily while it clears the higher ups. No reason not to cough 'em up now then and get that whole open courtroom thing started.


Of course... my bets of that actually happening are running odds higher than the Powerball.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
As I said in another post:



Think about this, a DRONE FEED.. its incredibly difficult to understand the situation on the ground when you have nothing but a mute, black and white, moving image with various degrees of static and pixelation.

There were no heavy weapons, car mounted arty and such. A angry crowd had gathered at its walls for the initial events. Much like what was happening at other embassies as a DIRECT result of that stupid video.
On a drone feed this would be extremely difficult to interpret.

I imagine (being this wasn't a full blown compound) that comms and power would have been running through primitive and local means, so, it would have been easily cut or destroyed. Now you have no idea whats actually happening and if this was able to occur I imagine it would have occurred EARLY, during the initial protest.

So the last thing they probably heard from the 'semi consulate' was that a group of voice-tress youth were throwing rocks and yelling. This is no means sufficient enough to send in the marines.

I wouldn't want helicopters and drones shooting their way in, we haven't directly been hitting Libyans, imagine if we shoot up a few dozen.. we could potentially inflame massive, violent riots against every AMERICAN in Libya and every embassy around. think about it, a group of youth protesting a video get smashed by a drone strike then 2 black hawks land, shooting a dozen or so as people are evacuated and leave.

I imagine if Obama had of taken that road, you'd have Romney and Fox screaming about the innocents murdered and the damaged relations and how this was a wreck loose president with an itchy trigger finger.


How many people have been sent to their slaughter in Iraq of Afghan by the USA government? all of a sudden 4 people are front page news for 2-3 weeks. This is nothing but political/election BS!

FOX NEWS are the worst ones to take any facts from, its disgusting that its still allowed to broadcast they are so over the top and never backup any of their '' official experts ''

Yes, people dying is bad, but its not like Obama sat there with popcorn screaming at the TV
'' kill them already, c'mon I got $10 on the burka man ''

edit on 31-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)
edit on 31-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)






top topics



 
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join