It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun going into Red Giant phase on 23rd dec 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Uhm.......

Could you clue us in on how we have detected the rays of a theoretical particle that has not been proven to exist yet?

Tachyon

A tachyon ( /ˈtæki.ɒn/) or tachyonic particle is a hypothetical particle that always moves faster than light. The word comes from the Greek: ταχύς or tachys, meaning "swift, quick, fast, rapid", and was coined by Gerald Feinberg in a 1967 paper.[1] Feinberg proposed that tachyonic particles could be quanta of a quantum field with negative squared mass. It was soon realized that excitations of such imaginary mass fields do not in fact propagate faster than light,[2] and instead represent an instability known as tachyon condensation.[3] Nevertheless, they are still commonly referred to as "tachyons",[4] and such fields have come to play an important role in modern physics. Most physicists think that faster-than-light particles cannot exist because they are not consistent with the known laws of physics.[3][5] If such particles did exist, they could be used to build a tachyonic antitelephone and send signals faster than light, which (according to special relativity) would lead to violations of causality.[5] Potentially consistent theories that allow faster-than-light particles include those that break Lorentz invariance, the symmetry underlying special relativity, so that the speed of light is not a barrier. Despite theoretical arguments against the existence of faster-than-light particles, experiments have been conducted to search for them. No compelling evidence for their existence has been found.

I'm very curious to learn how we are detecting something before it's been proven to exist........

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
these threads always deliver man.

you could write a book on psychology just from the de-bunkers egotistical hate filled agenda in this forum.
it's become more of a "how dare you post theory's on ATS, deny ignorance but don't deny what i say as fact because i'm an all mighty de-bunker and i know everything.!!!!!

i'm unsure why people feel the need to have others believe as they do and they do it in the name of truth. lmao

anyway it's quite a theory but a well thought out theory and one that doesn't seem to require anyone to believe it or not. the author never claimed if you don't believe me you're going to hell!!!! ahahaha no he just posted his theory and asked that anyone who reads it takes it for what you will, nothing more, nothing less.

i guess if i had a choice i would rather live with an earth full of harmless theorists than just one hateful egotistical de-bunker flunky.

my take on it, i would say like myth busters do, "it's plausible".

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by St Udio

Uhm.......

Could you clue us in on how we have detected the rays of a theoretical particle that has not been proven to exist yet?

I'm very curious to learn how we are detecting something before it's been proven to exist........

It's a conspiracy site they don't need proof when good old fashioned BS works even better!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

you could write a book on psychology just from the de-bunkers egotistical hate filled agenda in this forum.
it's become more of a "how dare you post theory's on ATS, deny ignorance but don't deny what i say as fact because i'm an all mighty de-bunker and i know everything.!!!!!

i'm unsure why people feel the need to have others believe as they do and they do it in the name of truth. lmao

anyway it's quite a theory but a well thought out theory and one that doesn't seem to require anyone to believe it or not. the author never claimed if you don't believe me you're going to hell!!!! ahahaha no he just posted his theory and asked that anyone who reads it takes it for what you will, nothing more, nothing less.

i guess if i had a choice i would rather live with an earth full of harmless theorists than just one hateful egotistical de-bunker flunky.

Do us a favor.

Show me where in any of my posts in this thread where I am "hate filled"

Or would you rather ATS turn into GLP, where anyone who DARES question things, or show that things are factually wrong gets banned?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Do us a favor.

Show me where in any of my posts in this thread where I am "hate filled"

Or would you rather ATS turn into GLP, where anyone who DARES question things, or show that things are factually wrong gets banned?

who is us, do you speak for an organized group when you ask this question?

why do you feel i was talking about you, show me where i singled you out by name?

in any case here is an example of wording you could have chosen differently as to not be seen as offensive.

"That statement is hilarious at best. " perhaps something like "i don't agree with that and here is why" would have been a better choice for the sake of being civil and somewhat professional.

"Laughable. Extremely hilarious." again your choice of belittling other people seems prevalent. perhaps choose the above advise?

"Last, just take a took at the end of the blog, as they pat themselves on the back even going as far to create a cute picture with their name in it."

belittling other people to make yourself appear grander and or feel better, is a dangerous character flaw many people still hold onto and most never even know they do it.

those are the ones i can see in your reply that could have been handled differently, would you agree?

where do you wish to stand as a member of the forum, intelligent, contributing, non bias source of data interpretation, or.

just another arm chair uneducated and uncivilized parrot, with no sense of truth, decency or discovery about yourself?

here is a great read if you're interested, it shows people ways to work on themselves and become better people for it.

krieger.jhu.edu...

i mention these issues not because i have placed myself above anyone but because i am just like everyone else and i wish to become a better person through polite and intelligent discussion and i can't do that alone.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Because you yourself came on here and grouped debunkers together in your post. Period.

When I say I find something hilarious or laughable, it because I do. I'm not going to sugar coat it because I think I'm going to hurt someone's feelings. If people are going to write about something and theorize, that is fine. If they are going to go out on a limb and propose something that is highly speculative, but feel they have supporting evidence, again, that is fine, even when it seems that what they are proposing is trying to rewrite the physics books, advances in these areas normally start with outlandish ideas.

But sitting down and writing a blog that pretty much is telling everyone that they are going to die come this December 23rd, is just asinine fear mongering. Especially when it becomes extremely obvious that they've had no formal education in areas of physics, astrophysics and astronomy that many of us on here have had (yes, I have).

If you are so politically correct that never in your entire life have you had someone make some very ignorant statements (especially areas that you are very knowledgeable or an expert at) that made you bust out loud laughing, then good for you.

But I suspect that you have humor in you too, especially after I read your joke several weeks ago posted on here about the weather experts predicting a long and harsh winter because the native americans were gathering so much wood..........

But we are now way off topic talking about ourselves and each other, and suggest that the thread return to the OP's topic: that the world will end on December 23rd this year because the sun is going to expand in to a red giant.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Because you yourself came on here and grouped debunkers together in your post. Period.

so you consider yourself a debunker, or someone who must find something untrue with an others thoughts?
not merely viewing it as an apposing opinion, but the wrong opinion in your view?

When I say I find something hilarious or laughable, it because I do. I'm not going to sugar coat it because I think I'm going to hurt someone's feelings. If people are going to write about something and theorize, that is fine. If they are going to go out on a limb and propose something that is highly speculative, but feel they have supporting evidence, again, that is fine, even when it seems that what they are proposing is trying to rewrite the physics books, advances in these areas normally start with outlandish ideas.

what do you consider the term "sugar coat" to mean? btw you of all should know rewriting the physics books is called discovery and history is full of examples of theory's that later helped rewrite the history books and might i add, preceded by a plethora of debunkers prior.

But sitting down and writing a blog that pretty much is telling everyone that they are going to die come this December 23rd, is just asinine fear mongering. Especially when it becomes extremely obvious that they've had no formal education in areas of physics, astrophysics and astronomy that many of us on here have had (yes, I have).

did you read the so called "end of the story?"

If you are so politically correct that never in your entire life have you had someone make some very ignorant statements (especially areas that you are very knowledgeable or an expert at) that made you bust out loud laughing, then good for you.

But I suspect that you have humor in you too, especially after I read your joke several weeks ago posted on here about the weather experts predicting a long and harsh winter because the native americans were gathering so much wood..........

But we are now way off topic talking about ourselves and each other, and suggest that the thread return to the OP's topic: that the world will end on December 23rd this year because the sun is going to expand in to a red giant.

yes that was a funny joke passed onto me by a friend. you must understand i am no different than you and yes i have done and occasionally still do those things but my point was to help others see this in themselves and hope they also wish to become better for it. together we can have a great forum where people work on rising above who we have always been and maybe help each other get to where we need to be.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

edit on 31-10-2012 by Xaphan because: posted in wrong thread lol

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If some thing is space is 1 million degrees.
then why have the thermal telescopes not see this?

ether way pray for enlightenment.
and not to a fake jesus.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If this is the case then there's really nothing we can do about it, barring a mass move to another planet or cuboid-shaped spaceship. But until then I have to call BS....at least for the 23rd December prediction anyway.

It seems fear mongering has become a real talent for some people in modern society.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

As I asked earlier, show me one thing about the story that makes it "plausible". Everything in the entire page is wrong.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
SIlly 2012er's still grasping at straws.. gotta make it look even more convincing now that the date is almost here... gotta rake in that extra bit of cash before you get exposed as charlatans.

If some mass ELE was going to happen to earth in 2 months... what are you going to do about it? Fly into space to avoid a quick death.. or float around for a few weeks till you run out of supplies and die a slow painful one?

Some of the thing's i have seen all over the internet about the apocalypse in 2012 makes me sick, the amount of ignorance and stupidity spewed all over the place really brings the professor meme "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" to light for me.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

the sheer and utter lack of data we have on our own solar system and our own galaxy, let alone black hole physics, seems to make many theories plausible, doesn't mean they are correct since we have no current way to prove otherwise.

i believe we have a universe that mirrors many things within our own solar system and galaxy, hell even our own bodies and i believe there are many occurrences that seem to take place in a timely manor and even some that do not. with our own sun we know it cycles from solar maximums to solar minimums. why could our own galaxy not have maximums and minimums associated with it?

why would the theory of a massive black hole in the center of our galaxy having these periods not be plausible? could you imagine the power of a black hole maximum on our solar system, perhaps one that occurs every 26k years, just blows my mind to think about it.

i can look at humans, our earth, the sun, our solar system, our galaxy and even perhaps our universe and see the potential that from atom to universe, things seem to be directly related to each other and they happen in a somewhat timely manor. would you agree?

my elders often mention the term, "as within as without" and i often wonder if this is what they were referring to, you know. fascinating to say the least.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

the sheer and utter lack of data we have on our own solar system and our own galaxy, let alone black hole physics, seems to make many theories plausible, doesn't mean they are correct since we have no current way to prove otherwise.

i believe we have a universe that mirrors many things within our own solar system and galaxy, hell even our own bodies and i believe there are many occurrences that seem to take place in a timely manor and even some that do not. with our own sun we know it cycles from solar maximums to solar minimums. why could our own galaxy not have maximums and minimums associated with it?

why would the theory of a massive black hole in the center of our galaxy having these periods not be plausible? could you imagine the power of a black hole maximum on our solar system, perhaps one that occurs every 26k years, just blows my mind to think about it.

i can look at humans, our earth, the sun, our solar system, our galaxy and even perhaps our universe and see the potential that from atom to universe, things seem to be directly related to each other and they happen in a somewhat timely manor. would you agree?

my elders often mention the term, "as within as without" and i often wonder if this is what they were referring to, you know. fascinating to say the least.

So you are saying YOU personally have no clue so will believe anything.

Let's try this again. Pick out specific parts of the "scientific" analysis and then how it is plausible based on our current understanding.
edit on 1-11-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

so you're saying you are not interested in discussing theory but more so in just acting like a child? many of your replies in this forum i have noted, were based solely on personal gratification at the expense of others, bravo you now can pat yourself on the back.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hey, all I hope is that a couple people manage to live underground or leave the planet and survive because then man could continue on

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well folks - hold on to your pants for a couple months - I'll let you know what I think about this theory sometime around Christmas...

Gonna be busy until then ignoring it since there's not a damn thing we'd be able to do about it even if it were supported by verifiable sources

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

so you're saying you are not interested in discussing theory but more so in just acting like a child? many of your replies in this forum i have noted, were based solely on personal gratification at the expense of others, bravo you now can pat yourself on the back.

Nice! Now you have jumped to long awaited ad-hom attack since you can't answer my questions. I'm still waiting for what in the article is plausible, and what makes it plausible. You seem to like attacking people rather than answer simple questions.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It is my opinion that this person has no clue what they are talking about. Much of what was written is in fact true, but the entire hypothesis, if it can be called that, hinges on Nasa coverups, and, I quote, "thinking outside the box." I did not see much in light of evidence, circumstantial or otherwise. I could be wrong, as I only read a couple or a few pages, but having got that far I didn't feel there was any need to continue with the nonsense. Please, someone, correct me if I am wrong by providing a quick rundown of CONFIRMED evidence, not "out of the box" thinking and speculation, which is what the author of the article says it took for him to understand what Nasa was REALLY saying...Or not saying, and rather hiding. He also claims it takes an "advanced knowledge of astrophysics" to grasp the concept...Haha, no.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The galactic alignment of Dec 2012 - it is only an alignment of planets with the center of the galaxy - not with us and the galactic plane of the galaxy. The axis procession also starts anew around that date.

This red giant phase thing is mega crap - from what I know little of - our sun will not go into the Red Giant phase until the year 3,000,000 something. This solar system will restart around the same time (around being within 800k years of that date).

Galactic plane and solar doohickies are all hogwash. Trying to add Red Giant phase sun is icing to the proverbial crazy cake.

Now, lets focus on the next end of times date - 2016... Nibiru or Global Axis flip - discuss...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join