Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Sun going into Red Giant phase on 23rd dec 2012?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I just found this article where the author has a very compelling case about what is exactly going to happen on the 23rd of dec, and why, with plenty of circumstantial evidence to prove it as well.... with lots of references to NASA to things i have previously read and know to be true like the galactic ribbon and the two bubbles emitting from our supermassive black hole.

Could this be it?

paneandov.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This is really cool stuff, thanks for starting this thread OP, I probably wouldn't have heard about this otherwise. Here's NASA's info from their site:

www.nasa.gov...

From the article:

"We got lucky to have captured an outburst from the black hole during our observing campaign," said Fiona Harrison, the mission's principal investigator at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in Pasadena. "These data will help us better understand the gentle giant at the heart of our galaxy and why it sometimes flares up for a few hours and then returns to slumber."

"Astronomers have long speculated that the black hole's snacking should produce copious hard X-rays, but NuSTAR is the first telescope with sufficient sensitivity to actually detect them," said NuSTAR team member Chuck Hailey of Columbia University in New York City.

It doesn't have to change our DNA and turn our sun in to a red giant. It's amazing science news on its own
edit on 31-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Your source says the black hole in the center of the galaxy has the power to upgrade DNA and cause evolution. Somehow you think this is a credible source? You're going to feel mighty stupid when 2013 comes around. I hope you catch on before that.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The problem being here is that the center of the milky way galaxy and the sun and the earth will not be in any conjunction. It is hard to imagine exactly how the energy for the DNA upgrade would even transfer to us. It would have to pulse out in every infinite direction to the very edge of its arms and sweep past us. The sun going red giant is nothing I can control even remotely, so if this is what happens, it would atleast be cool to go out that way.

Sorry, as occamsrazor said above, it is kind of difficult to take this source seriously when many of the other things they talk about seem to be illogically impossible. But the universe is full of probabilities so I guess we will wait and see.
edit on 31/10/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'm not an astronomer or anything close to it... but... he mentions a gamma ray burst 26 ly away.

Now... if the burst is 26 ly away, why would he multiply it by 26 and not divide it by 26? I dont even know where the "multiply" comes from, but, by sheer logic if that calculation can be done, it would make a lot more sense to "divide" by 26 since it loses energy the further it goes...

disclaimer: I'm actually asking a question. This is not sarcasm and does not have a "tone" to it. I just got stuck there cause it makes no sense to me. So if anyone has an explanation for this, please go ahead, cause I dont understand nor I can justify the increase in energy for each light year. What makes it grow stronger instead of getting weaker.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
im gonna have to say no..? maybe dec 23rd 2,000,000,012

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The transition of our star into a red giant would take maybe a billion years in and of itself.... You would notice no change at all on a human time scale. The sun still has about about 5 billion years worth of hydrogen in the tank before this process will begin.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Op, long before the sun goes red giant on us, several things must occur, first a large percentage of the hydrogen must be converted into helium, we would notice this, as well as the very hi oxygen, carbon, and sylicon content.

We would notice it beginning to swell as it began to fuse helium instead of hydrogen shedding its outside layers.

None of the above has happened yet, and won't for billions of years yet, it is a very slow process, the sun doesn't just one day turn into a red giant.

Think of a skinny person getting fat, they can't go from 155LBS one day to 600LBS the next. These things take time.

Just like the sun running out of hydrogen and beginning to burn helium, it is a slow process, that is easily anticipated.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

It´s easy to only address the very weird claims from an otherwise solid report. Have you even read the rest thoroughly? I´m not saying he is right, I sure hope not, but he seems well-informed and seems to have researched his topic very well. Some of his conclusions about evolution of DNA, etc. are his personal take on the matter, but the facts presented need to be verified in my opinion. I´m in no position to do that, so I would love to hear from some of our hardcore ATS astronomers what they think about this.

To the OP: Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention, it was a very interesting read. S&F!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

You´re missing the point of the article (as is inverslyproportional in his previous comment). The entire article is about this normally billion-year process, that will be sped up by an enormous source of energy stemming from a super massive black hole.

I´m not defending the article´s content, just pointing out that you should understand what you read first and then comment on it.
edit on 31/10/2012 by RationalDespair because: (no reason given)
edit on 31/10/2012 by RationalDespair because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
After reading the whole article, my predominate question is:

How can they determine the actual date?

Based on that article it is impossible to identify the date.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

your " source " makes my head hurt - the level of scientific illiteracy there is painfull

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RationalDespair

It´s easy to only address the very weird claims from an otherwise solid report. Have you even read the rest thoroughly? I´m not saying he is right, I sure hope not, but he seems well-informed and seems to have researched his topic very well. Some of his conclusions about evolution of DNA, etc. are his personal take on the matter, but the facts presented need to be verified in my opinion. I´m in no position to do that, so I would love to hear from some of our hardcore ATS astronomers what they think about this.

To the OP: Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention, it was a very interesting read. S&F!

No, it is not an otherwise solid report. There is nothing solid whatsoever. The part I pointed out is indicative of the entire report. Pure nonsense. I challenge you to find ANYTHING solid in the report.
edit on 31-10-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Well you didn´t state that very clearly then. You addressed one point of opinion and made it look like it represents the entire article and based on that single point you claim to have debunked everything he is saying.

Maybe there´s a bit of a language barrier here, because I´m not a native English-speaker, but with "solid report" I mean that it is constructed neatly, explained in detail and tries to back up claimed facts with evidence. I wasn´t trying to say it was the truth and I made that very clear earlier. I also made clear that I don´t know a lot about the topic and would like to hear more from people who do. (and who will actually take the time to back up their own claims with sources, counter-arguments, etc., unlike you)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RationalDespair

That was the point. There are no "facts" in the report. He has one outlandish claim after another. There is zero science. I pointed out one wild claim which is irrefutable proof the author does not understand science at even a basic level and is spouting pseudo-science mumbo jumbo.

Anyone who wishes to dispute that claim is welcome to, I have no need to point out every single claim he made as it is obvious none of them have any merit. I welcome a challenge in support of the scientific merits of the article, there are none.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
After reading the article, I'm spending a lot of time shaking my head here.

As has been mentioned, it is quite apparent to me that the blogger is taking a lot of different scientific observations and is trying to "connect the dots" so to speak, but the majority of the "dots" are not even on the same page. Worse, the blogger is making wild claims, apparently in the hopes that the readers of the blog know nothing of physics or astrophysics.

Let's look at just a few things:

Why do main sequence stars (IE the sun), eventually expand into red giants?

It's because they have used up most of their main fuel, hydrogen, and are now fusing helium. Red Giants.
Not because some energy pulse hits the star.
Our sun still has massive amounts of hydrogen to fuse and will not be using it up any time soon.

The blogger makes the following claim:

Chandra also recorded stars increasing in size by the extreme influence fo this energetic wave and going through major changes; swelling in size and then ejecting the outer layer and becoming much smaller. Of course if you contact NASA they will deny any of this, exactly the same as their approach about UFO/ET question.

That statement is hilarious at best. All one has to do is look at the stars in the direction of the center of the Milky Way.
What will you see?
What you will see is a huge collection of different kinds of stars, many in various stages of their stellar evolution. Some just being born, some the same age as our sun, some dying, some massive super giants (that are blue, not red), some red dwarfs, some red giants.
If what the blogger is saying is true, we would see a very uniform pattern of stars that look and are the same. We would see this because light is traveling much faster than this "wave" the blogger is talking about.

And we've been observing these stars for a very, very long time. Well before there was anything called "NASA". I just love how these people seem to think that the entire human race must rely on NASA for everything. I guess astronomers from ages past must of had some sort of special telephone that could communicate through time to NASA who helped them discover things, hmmmm?

Let us jump ahead in the blog, talking about secret underground bunkers for the elite to survive.

Laughable. Extremely hilarious. If the sun expands into a red giant, they are not going to survive. No one will. The current thought is that when the sun does expand it will gobble up Mercury and Venus. Earth's orbit will expand some, but the gravitational interactions with the sun will cause it to fall back, and yes, then it too will be gobbled up by the sun.

No bunker is going to save anyone from that.

But that's 5 billion years from now, so I digress.

The blogger goes on to talk about our sun's behavior. What really cracks me up about this, from their article:

The funny thing was that after 400 years of observation, just when we thought we are starting to understand the most complex dynaics of our star, our sun had showed us that that is not the case, by doing something that we have never observed before.

Hey! Way to go dude. They are going to compare 400 years of observation by humans, with 4.5 billion years of existence.
I'm sure there will be many more things that we observe about our sun that we've never seen before because:

A) we didn't have the advanced technology and understanding that we do now as compared to 400 years ago.

and

B) Humans have not been around long enough to see all that the sun has done it it's past 4.5 billion years.

Last, just take a took at the end of the blog, as they pat themselves on the back even going as far to create a cute picture with their name in it.

Speaks volumes to me. It's called Narcissism.

Of course when December 24th rolls around, and everything is pretty much the same with our sun, this whole thing will be forgotten. That or the goal posts will be moved of course.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'm guessing that these pulses have been hitting our sun for a while now...

...and nothing untoward has occurred to lead anyone with a better grasp of stellar mechanics than me to worry, so I'm not going to sweat it.

I am so not looking forward to all the "I told you so's" on 12/22...*sigh*.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Could this be it?

paneandov.com...

Probably not.
www.2012hoax.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I'm guessing that these pulses have been hitting our sun for a while now...

...and nothing untoward has occurred to lead anyone with a better grasp of stellar mechanics than me to worry, so I'm not going to sweat it.

I am so not looking forward to all the "I told you so's" on 12/22...*sigh*.

Off topic and apologies to the OP but I really wanted to say this:

Months ago I had the attitude of: Oh boy! I just can't wait to come back on here on that date and go "See? We told you so!"

But over time and observing people's behavior on ATS, I'm much less inclined to be that way, simply because I think the mods are REALLY going to have their hands full. The arguments, bickering and flaming that is going to happen. I imagine that there are going to be a lot of "Extreme TC Violation" banners replacing posts.....maybe even quite a bit of banning going on.

So Seagull, to you and the rest of the mods, I feel for you guys, and even though I'm just one person, I'll refrain from it myself.

But that won't stop me from logging on with a bowl of popcorn of course....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

it was reported by space sources...(and posted by myself in another thread)
that rare (sp?) tacheyon rays have been detected as coming from the huge massive Black Hole at the Galactic core in the last 2 months

scienceworld.wolfram.com...

now, if the galaxy core is undergoing violent disturbances and emiting a wave of exotic rays into the galactic plane

we are likely witnessing the early stages of the predicted 'Galactic Super-Wave' (see: Violette)
www.etheric.com...

and any superwave that began som 26,000 years ago & headed for Earth... we would likely 'see' as a blue dot in the night sky at first then the blue dot growing into a larger Orb that will be seen both day-&-night from the lingering bath of cosmic rays from the galactic core BH...

interestingly this occurrance will fit quite well with the Blue Kachina prophecy... with the accompanying Red Kachina being an energized Sun

this far out cosmic event might be more likely than the Sun dying an early deathm some 4 billion years early, in going into a dying Red Giant phase

thanks for link,,,
i ran across the site author a good time ago but forgot about it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join