It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I Have Your Stuff? (This is a 2012 Thread)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think it is safe to say that there are a fair number of members on the board who take the 2012 doomsday predictions very seriously. Now, I'm not here to say whether or not it is happening nor do I want to ridicule but I am curious about one thing that is usually common when it comes to these end dates.

What are you doing with your assets, homes and general items? Are some of you prepping in hopes that it is a survivable event? Are some of you donating to churches or charitable foundations?

We usually only find out about these kind of activities after an event has come and passed without the world ending so for curiosity sake I'd like to know what some of you are doing.

(I don't want your stuff. I thought the title might draw some of you in.)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

you can have my debt'

and my wife(hopefully ex wife soon)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

That's something I definitely didn't think of either
Losing some... stuff... isn't quite so bad after all.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
All I have is a busted up car, trust me you dont want her. She was once stolen and abandoned about 300 feet later

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Who needs it, its all just stuff anyway.

I am not a doomsday believer. In the middle of December I will be too busy facing the doom of having a newborn and a 3 year old.

But, to play a little theater of the mind, I imagine that there is very little I would be bringing with me in regards to "stuff" Mostly it would be food, hunting traps, hardware supplies, seeds. It really depends on the disaster. Unfortunately at this time of year, in Alberta, it is going to be cold and survival would be difficult.. but, If it all turned out to be for nothing, I am not sure I even would mind. I believe my husband and I are equipped and intelligent enough to survive in the wild, make shelter, provide for our children and persevere for them. If I was able to survive, then I might feel keen to stay away from society and in my own world.

As for the other stuff... like I said, its just stuff and you (hypothetically) can have it if you want it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Does anyone want my student debt?

I find it a slightly odd trend where with Y2K it was a computer bug but people were donating their homes and life savings to churches and with 2012 it is a spiritual end of the world prediction but I'm seeing much more in the way of prepping.

Hey, if the world doesn't end in 2012 I can use this toward my thesis in 2013.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think I`ll keep my assets. If the world is really ending why would I donate them anyway?lol

Most of them won`t work on a post apocalyptical society too.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
Does anyone want my student debt?

I find it a slightly odd trend where with Y2K it was a computer bug but people were donating their homes and life savings to churches and with 2012 it is a spiritual end of the world prediction but I'm seeing much more in the way of prepping.

Everyone is just so overloaded with all the BS that has been fed to us about 2012. All the predictions and prophecies and possible outcomes have caused everyone to just feel a general "meh" about it. There has been talk about this time on both sides of the debate. Awakening vs Death. Maybe that is all it will be. We can choose in this time to just realize that we are doing something wrong in this world. The war has to stop, the hatred has to stop, raping the planet must stop, otherwise we will never break from our own insanity.

Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Or maybe it is Niburu...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Exactly, I once liked talking about ancient predictions 2012 and so on. but lately with all the talking I lost the interest.

Btw, if someone wants some Dolce & Gabbana shirts I can trade them for survival equipment lol

edit on 31-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I can't make heads or tails of most of the predictions and concepts surrounding 2012 so the only out-of-the-normal plans I'm making is attending an It's The End of the World party on the 21st and [hopefully
] go to a I Survived The Apocalypse party on the 22nd.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
You can have my toothbrush .. will buy a new one !

seriously there is no end of the world
Age of Pisces is ending and the Age of Aquarius is rising
took 26000 yrs to end the big cycle with Pisces
then another big cycle will start on the 21 december 2012
what does it mean ? .. it can mean so many things
but will not start to speculate on that

but there is Aqua in Aquarius .. maybe its a hint ?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm going to peru and doing ayahuasca on the 20th night.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I don't buy into the 2012 storyline...

but with that said, I am a Christian, I believe in the return of Christ... both briefly, in the Rapture, to gather His own, and then seven years from that date, to rule physically upon the earth from Jerusalem.

SO...
I have a letter at work, pinned to my board. All of my staff know where it is, they know what I'm about, they know what I believe... and the letter explains in depth what happens when the rapture occurs.

I also have a note that goes with it (my wife calls it my "suicide note"), which essentially states that... they can have my stuff. I don't care what happens to it once I'm gone. I'm not going to be coming back for it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

no you cannot - i already have prior claim - though so far no one has actually given me anything - despite fervent belief that the world should have ended on several occassions - go figure - and get in line

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Love the title OP!!!

Oddly enough, I've been asking 2012 believers that I know here in the UK if I can have their things when the world ends and they die.
So far, I've been promised a 50" (or maybe it's 52") TV, a custom built gaming PC, 2 laptops and an elliptical strider....though the later was promised if the Rapture happened, but I'm still staking my claim if the world ends!

Personally, I'm keeping all of my stuff. Partly because it's mine and partly because you never know what you're going to need.

S&F!

Rev

edit on 31/10/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
You're a bit late to the party . I'm sure there are a few Harold Camping followers that would be more than willing to donate to your "All for me" fund.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

Love the title OP!!!

Oddly enough, I've been asking 2012 believers that I know here in the UK if I can have their things when the world ends and they die.
So far, I've been promised a 50" (or maybe it's 52") TV, a custom built gaming PC, 2 laptops and an elliptical strider....though the later was promised if the Rapture happened, but I'm still staking my claim if the world ends!

Personally, I'm keeping all of my stuff. Partly because it's mine and partly because you never know what you're going to need.

S&F!

Rev

edit on 31/10/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

Thanks

Well if the end of the world happens it looks like you have scored the technology jackpot. Better get some people to will you some generators.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Can I Have Your Stuff?

I thought this was another Obama thread!

Hey you never know what will happen on 12/21/12.
Look at this -----> No prank: On Halloween, US military forces train for zombie apocalypse

Don't know if this story hit ATS yet so run with it, if it hasn't.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i don't get it! what's the point?

if the world ends they won't need their stuff, but then again, neither will you.

If it doesn't end, then everyone still 'needs' all the stuff that they 'need' now...

is it just me??

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrastneyJPR
i don't get it! what's the point?

if the world ends they won't need their stuff, but then again, neither will you.

If it doesn't end, then everyone still 'needs' all the stuff that they 'need' now...

is it just me??

That's the point shaha. But I am seriously curious about those who are prepping and what they are planning to do. I want to see how it fits into trends from previous cases like this and how people have reacted.

But I like to put a little humor in most things I do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join