Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

[~How To Hunt a Witch~]

page: 4
22
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Suspiria
 


How to hunt a witch?

Post this as a thread and voila...........hooked you in hasn't it?
I guess that is one to the OP!
(sorry Suspiria, couldn't resist).


It's a fair cop guv.....


... so if she weighs the same as a duck... she's made of wood... and therefore a witch!




posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Despite the content, the book itself is beautiful. If I was a richie rich, I would absolutely collect books like these, at whatever price.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
I know some posters mentioned some words from the scene however i thought i would
post the movie clip for viewing on the way things more or less was back then ..


To be honest, I said that the first time I heard of witch hunting was when I was in my highschool years and read the crucible but I actually forgot about the scene from the "holy grail" which I saw when I was a lot younger. My parents where fans of Monty Python.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings

Originally posted by denver22
I know some posters mentioned some words from the scene however i thought i would
post the movie clip for viewing on the way things more or less was back then ..


To be honest, I said that the first time I heard of witch hunting was when I was in my highschool years and read the crucible but I actually forgot about the scene from the "holy grail" which I saw when I was a lot younger. My parents where fans of Monty Python.


I have never read the book itself, only info on it i got was from people who have actually read it.
Monty-python movies are quite good it is good to see alot of americans like our films too.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by NavyDoc



Well, everybody knows that gingers have no souls. Just ask Cartman.
Think your
funny saying that do you i guess my son hasn't a soul too


Just a joke from a TV show. Sorry to offend. I thought levity was the idea of hte thread.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by TheSparrowSings
 


If you had redhair you would be screwed as your a witch if you like it or not..

If you had red hair during the Spanish Inquisition, you were accused of having stolen the fires of hell, then quickly burned as a witch


During 16th and 17th century witch-hunts in England, many redheads were stripped to look for marks of a witch. Marks of a witch included moles, scares, or freckles. This made the lifespan for a redhead in England during this time very, very short.

Pretty crazy stuff ...

edit on 31-10-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)



Well, everybody knows that gingers have no souls. Just ask Cartman.


We have no soul....but we gain a freckle for every one we steal...


LOL. Good comeback. Well done, madam. (Bows)



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by NavyDoc
 


I may have no soul but at least i 'have a heart' doc. let's go have a quiet drink somewhere
just you and me.. it will be fun ..


I would quite enjoy that. FIrst round is on me.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
LMFAO Guys. All these soulless gingers are taking over ATS tonight. All hallows eve has definitely gathered the witches here. Anyone here actually consider themselves to be Witches (Wiccan) or whatever you want to call it? Just curious.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
LMFAO Guys. All these soulless gingers are taking over ATS tonight. All hallows eve has definitely gathered the witches here. Anyone here actually consider themselves to be Witches (Wiccan) or whatever you want to call it? Just curious.


I actually have brown hair tbh allthough my mother has the colour hair and my son however
Warlock wiccan... i wouldn't rule out knowing a thing or two about that side etc lmao..



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22
 


One of the main reasons I love ATS so much is you get a wide variety of different people with many beliefs (thoughts/ideologies) and throw them into a sort of "cage match" and see what happens. Of course we get those close-minded individuals... but maybe we can create a system, similar to a witch hunt, we shall call it a troll hunt. *lol*

Oh, I have so de-railed my own thread because I am in such a strange mood tonight.

On that note. I might be getting a chance to view the manuscript. I will take pictures if I am allowed. Post em here.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
reply to post by denver22
 


One of the main reasons I love ATS so much is you get a wide variety of different people with many beliefs (thoughts/ideologies) and throw them into a sort of "cage match" and see what happens. Of course we get those close-minded individuals... but maybe we can create a system, similar to a witch hunt, we shall call it a troll hunt. *lol*

Oh, I have so de-railed my own thread because I am in such a strange mood tonight.

On that note. I might be getting a chance to view the manuscript. I will take pictures if I am allowed. Post em here.


I don't think it has been derailed i mean the subjects have been about lynching/witchcraft
Manuscript info/and navydocs buying the first round of drinks so it can't be that bad after all lol.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Is the original French text available online? I might have missed that, and also the title of the book.

I have read some of Francois Villon's (1431–1464) poetry, which is in medieval French. It is not that much different from modern French. Sort of like reading Chaucer in English. One can do it dictionary in hand.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Is the original French text available online? I might have missed that, and also the title of the book.


I am sorry, I don't have an answer for that yet. Nor even a name of the book. Just that is is only 1 of 4 known copies. I am waiting for the University of Alberta's website to re-open. It has been down for maintenance the last few days.
edit on 31/10/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings
 

Thanks. I'd love to see the original text.

Here is what medieval French looks like, in some poetry by Villon.

en.wikipedia.org...


Dictes moy ou n'en quel pays
Est Flora le belle Romaine
Archipiades, ne Thaïs,
Qui fut sa cousine germaine,
Echo parlant quant bruyt on maine
Dessus riviere ou sus estan,
Qui beaulté ot trop plus qu'humaine.
Mais ou sont les neiges d'antan?"


Medieval French might be closer to modern French than medieval English is to modern English. (I'm not a scholar.) It's very similar except for some archaic spelling and some archaic words. It is fairly easy to get the gist of it, even if one is a low proficiency French speaker, as I am.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22
 


Very bothersome indeed when someone says back then i think it may rain later and if it did
you would be classed as a witch..Very sad state of affairs to be burned for such things..

Complete paranoia ..

you mean like anyone that might be slightly connected to terrorism, or have anti-government views. is that why obama signed indefinate detention, and we continue water boarding innocent peoples. back then, i think applies now, just the words have changed.

8o)



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
HOW TO HUNT A WITCH OR WARLOCK:

First check this heaven to see there are no traces of redhair

CHECK..

Next check if there are any signs of the devil i.e 666 etc:

CHECK.

lol ..

PEACE people...



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22
 


ITS GOT THESE TEETH YOU SEE, RUN RUUUUN AWAY, KILLER BUNNY RABBITS!!!!

MOOOOOOO, MOOOOOO, MOOOOOO, LAUNCH THE COWS!!! SIR, YES, ITS RAINING COWS.


love monty, i to was young when i first saw it, hooked instantly, also liked kids in the hall,, that show was bomb. 8o)



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22
 



Not a accurate pic!!!

Lmao......

Surely showing us a fraction of your head doesn't rule out the fact you are hiding the signs of the devil elsewhere.....lol

Jk.....



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by denver22
 



Not a accurate pic!!!

Lmao......

Surely showing us a fraction of your head doesn't rule out the fact you are hiding the signs of the devil elsewhere.....lol

Jk.....


Hey lady let's keep this for family viewing only hey lol



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
edit on 1-11-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)





new topics




 
22
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join