It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone looking for a sign, but nobody can see the obvious?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It's 2012. Everyone is laughing away an uneasy feeling as "another Y2K" as we have a record hot summer, followed by one of the worst storms the East Coast has ever seen. Does it require rivers of blood and rain of frogs?

My heart is sore for you who cannot accept the truth.

O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. (Psalm 137:8 KJV)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

Aside from a rather obvious point here that all these events are happening in a very short span of time (12-18 months) what has happened recently than can possibly be attributed to God as a willful and conscious act? I'm serious and not trying to ridicule or be sarcastic as many do on these threads. It so happens I'm very well tuned to events with your point firmly in mind. Personally. I'm waiting for 2 signs to go....as others have come and passed but again, not so definitive in nature that they cannot be attributed to other things as well.

In my reading of Revelations and the period immediately leading up to it, the signs Man would see are absolute and so clearly beyond natures pattern or ability to produce that one will either be left rejecting the God who did it or accepting Him...but I didn't get the impression simply being confused at to the nature of the events would be an issue. It seems odd that if the past year was a result of God, he'd choose to be SO subtle that even His own Believers have reason for valid debate on it?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't claim to speak for the Almighty, but it seems to me that those signs that would give God away would be reserved for the final day. Sort of like an ultimate and final "time's up" to the whole world

I don't know when that day is coming, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. If nothing else, I can warn others of the spirit against complacency.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Where I live we had an average summer, nothing special. It will take some major fireworks before I buy into 2012.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Israel. Iran. Russia. North Korea.

What kind of fireworks did you think there would be?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Just another year...

61 days left...

plenty of "i told ya's" comming...

And the End of a forum...

2012 is turning out to be just another year....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Well, thank you for the reply. I really appreciate the frank honesty. It's refreshing. It didn't tell me much...but then, that's what I mean. I sure prefer that to sunshine on full blow up the tailpipe.

For what it's worth, it's not like it jinxes anything...and I'd he happy if it did, actually. The signs I'm waiting for are first, the attack on Israel of such a scale and magnitude, their total destruction SHOULD be a given fact......which they survive from and without much explanation. It's one interpretation also carried in a book series and movie, I know...but it seemed to read that way to me as well. The other one is the 3 days of Darkness. Knowing the Bible by looking at past signs which seem to have come and passed with a check in the box, I figure this could mean anything from literal darkness as nighttime for 72 hours.....or it could be figurative like a slaughter of such magnitude, the world is effected by it and happens to be..about 3 days in length.

I guess I'm cursed by logic..but in this area, that's my approach. I'm very content with a different belief system...but never have had anything but respect for the Bible to be aware as things may happen right in front of me. Frankly, I hope to die of old age and many many years from now, never having seen either of those come to pass.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You are one of those that I am sad for. You are such a lovely person. I know I'm not the first to say that death doesn't befit you.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

People have revolutions. That is part of history and a trend of civilization. I think the unrest in the population has less to do with end times and more to do with a global dissent against a system that has made slaves of us all.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Nuclear annihilation is not generally something that a species can just "bounce back" from.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Don't be sad for me...

Death is but an illusion...

silly...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Not to minimize your point of Nuclear Weapons because let's face it they are mini apocalypse in fun size. But its all bark and no bite. No country or nation, even North Korea, will ever fire a nuclear weapon against another at this point because nobody wins. If one country takes out another, then that one is annihilated by an ally country and the eye for eye keeps happening until we've all gone blind. Every world leader knows this that if they are the first to launch, they will be the second to die.

It is a global game of chicken.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Until we have a radical religious leader at the head of an Islamic country in a Jihad with Israel, and you think they wouldn't use nuclear weapons? It's Iran. They're not afraid to blow themselves up.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

They are not afraid to blow up drones or mindless followers. What they don't want to risk and where they clearly don't succeed in anything is when they are vaporized the same hour they attack another country. They may be fanatic religious leaders but even they are not fanatic enough to believe God is going to pluck a nuke out of the sky to save them.

Everyone is at risk and its a no-win scenario.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

And what happens if the "Taliban" claims responsibility? Who does the response go to? This whole situation is breeding evil and it gets murkier and fouler as days go by.

The things God has told me, nobody would believe, and those who would believe have already been told. I am warning you because, despite what the world has done to me, I still love you all. You can cast me aside as just another doomsday prophet, but I know the words strike your hearts. You have come to this site to find answers and you will find none. The Truth is beyond your comprehension.

I am not happy to be the one who has to tell these things to you. I hate the spotlight. I hate having to be an example when I just want to be a follower. But you are all driving me insane by your waywardness. Be as children. Love everything and learn with a mind unclouded by other people' precepts.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I don't believe anyone is "casting you aside"

but its been done... 2012 will be no diffferent then any other year...

there will be no "dooms day event" anytime soon...

And

If you believe there will be... now would be the time to make said predictions... as i've said previously time is running short...

61 days left

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Because they only care inside their small bubble
has long they are not affected by anything .. its okay
and they dont want to hear about other people problem on the planet

Darwin award for all the small bubble
me think .. its time you start caring more to realise why 2012 is so different from all other yrs

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you believe there will be... now would be the time to make said predictions... as i've said previously time is running short...

61 days left

Whats funny is that in 2010, people were freaking out over 2012.

Now just 2 months away from the big "event".... people seem to be all "ok whatever".

But who knows....

edit on 31-10-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I already told you how I admire you. You don't have to continue saying righteous things to me. But even if I had such dates, God would not allow me to reveal them.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by Akragon

I already told you how I admire you. You don't have to continue saying righteous things to me. But even if I had such dates, God would not allow me to reveal them.

let me ask... are you afraid of what is to come?

and as the years go by and nothing "special" to differentiate from any other year happens aside from the usual... will you still be afraid?

Heres another one...

Its said "an evil generation looks for a sign"...

As far as i've found, every generation looks for a sign, so is all of the world evil?

Welcome to the forum Btw

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join