Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

New FJP leader in Egypt calls for Sharia law

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Mr. Saad al-Katatny was recently elected the head of the Freedom and Justice Party.

They are an Islamist political party in Egypt that has strong ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Mr. Saad al-Katatny says that instituting Sharia Law is a prime goal.

The Egyptian people are split on the idea.

Saad al-Katatny elected head of Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party, says goal is to "institute Islamic Sharia law."

Saad al-Katatny was elected chairman of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood’s political wing, the Freedom and Justice Party, Egyptian media reported Friday. He beat out FJP’s acting leader Essam al- Erian in a vote that took place October 6.

The FJP is Egypt’s largest political party, currently occupying 47 percent of all seats in the country’s lower house of parliament...................

On Friday, October 19, thousands of Egyptians took once more to the streets of Cairo to protest the Muslim Brotherhoods' (MB) dominance in the Constitutional Assembly, a body responsible for drafting Egypt’s new, first post-revolution Constitution.

This is the second consecutive Friday during which Egyptians have manifested their disapproval of the Assembly’s members. Last week’s protest turned violent, as pro-MB protesters demanding the retrial of senior officials from President Mubarak’s government clashed with the Brotherhood’s liberal and secularist opponents calling for the abolition of the current Constitutional Assembly. The street fights left around 150 people injured.

Op-Ed: Is Egypt heading for Sharia law?

Arab Spring was good for WHO ?

Related:

Last week Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood spiritual leader Muhammad Badie called on Muslims worldwide to liberate Jerusalem by means of jihad.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Who doesn`t saw that coming? It was obvious that Islamic parties would take the power after the so called Arab Spring. And the worse, I think the biggest poorest part of the population supports them.
edit on 31-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The reason we liked Mubarak was he ran a secular stable government.As opposed to reign by middle age style mullahs ie:Iran.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Ahh... The motives start to emerge into daylight and the pattern just begins to form. Next, I predict we'll hear the first tentative overtures for treaty and alliance between the key nations that fell to the Arab Spring. Perhaps with one outside, but among them first. Then, we'll start seeing effective cooperation on levels than transcend the nation-state model that region and the world has followed for a couple thousand years now.

Finally...someone, somewhere in power in that region will slip and say the magic word in a context less than kidding. Caliphate. By then, I predict it'll be far enough along in a functional sense that resistance to the near term formation will be futile. We'll see after that what the World's newest Super-Power wants for dinner, so to speak. Hopefully their taste doesn't run to American cuisine on the well done side.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Gooood, I want to see morons senselessly kill other morons.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
The reason we liked Mubarak was he ran a secular stable government.As opposed to reign by middle age style mullahs ie:Iran.

The US was accused of and criticized for supporting a dictator {Mubarak} at the time so now, the US accused of and criticized for supporting {Democracy} I mean, people choosing Sharia law....

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Isn't that just the most effective statement for why the effort to shape events and the world at large is becoming a bad idea? Of course..that would assume it ever was a good idea where overwhelming provocation wasn't a part of it...but it's become so complex, every action is as likely to bring the wrong outcome as the right one.

Of course the problem does immediately come for the issue of power vacuum and other world powers simply stepping right into whatever gap we step out of. Though...in some cases...I might really consider it a perfect gift to drop on Moscow or Beijing. I think it would be fitting to let them have the migraines the U.S. is having to fight in just moving forward or backward right now, eh?

...(ponders)... The same thing happened when Democracy was pushed and pushed and finally taken in Gaza. Then, Lebanon followed. One elected Hamas and the other Hezbollah. It almost makes ya think Democracy isn't the solution to push on every area of the world, either way.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Shaping or supporting?

Russia and Iran support Syria, China supports North Korea on and on....

The ME was in conflict long before the US was even established. Moscow and Beijing are more than welcome to step in. Oh wait, Russia is supporting a dictator in Syria and China is giving support to Pakistan.....

Yup Yup...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Oh wait, Russia is supporting a dictator in Syria and China is giving support to Pakistan.....

The US Supports Israel, Whats your Point?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

I was replying to Wrabbit2000

Whats your point?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I was replying to Wrabbit2000

Whats your point?
Didnt realize you could close, an open forum.

I guess thats A point.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Didnt realize you could close, an open forum.

I guess thats A point.

Point taken but

Who closed an open forum?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I could almost imagine billboards in Egypt with Mubarak's picture saying, "Miss me yet?"

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Finally...someone, somewhere in power in that region will slip and say the magic word in a context less than kidding. Caliphate. By then, I predict it'll be far enough along in a functional sense that resistance to the near term formation will be futile. We'll see after that what the World's newest Super-Power wants for dinner, so to speak. Hopefully their taste doesn't run to American cuisine on the well done side.

Caliphate. well I do not think that they can unite under one government. but yes there is a potential that they make a union like EU. then it will be a big problem for superpowers. so they are trying to prevent this. and maybe this is the main role of formation of Israel and so widespread radicalism in middle east that are supported by monarchies like Saudies.
you made a great point. the conflict between nationalism and unionism.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

what is the problem with Sharia Law !? it is some sort of law.
in a country that majority of it is Muslim, implementing Sharia law is not something odd.
you are right you should not expect that arab spring be beneficial to Israel. anyhow some media are calling that Islamic awakening !
as a matter of fact when they say that they want to Jihad against Israel then that is a relief for me ! why!! because at least it shows that they are not that radicals to suicide bomb against people, what is going on in Iraq or Syria or even Pakistan .....
however Jihad has it's own rules. just a cleric can not declare it. I think there is a big misunderstanding of the word Jihad in the middle east and throughout the world ! this is not amazing to me. because some elites really need to alter such concepts to misuse blind people and radicals ! after all the rebels (what they call it forces of freedom) are doing what they call it Jihad against Assad in Syria !!! so Jihad is a good tool for elites !!!!

edit on 31-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

I'm not sure why the idea of a Caliphate is something hard to imagine for people. The same fundamental groups are behind the fall of the governments around the region, so it's not a matter of uniting as much as simply making open the unity that already would seem to exist,. America and a few other nations seem to be the only ones totally oblivious to the fact that not only can the people in that region plan and operate without our knowledge, let alone "permission"...they can do so in a widely coordinated and targeted way.

I think the wide spread actions against our Embassies across the region for a brief and narrow period, starting by what we now know was a well planned attack well in advance showed the coordination possible. I wonder if that wasn't the point, too. If it was meant to confirm unity of their control or influence...well, it was a success on that score. However, in terms of a Caliphate, they're rebuilding what they already had, in a very real sense...and, the old map matches the new one for conflict and "Arab Spring". Odd coincidence otherwise...although that is possible too.

The area has been under single government control more than it hasn't over recent history though...so it's certainly not a new concept to them, even if it is or will be to us in the West, IMO.

Source

And then another version over the same general area plus a little.

Source
(750-1228 A.D. Period)

Then the Ottomans came along and it grew and grew for a few hundred years....

And then shrank back down until it settled to be modern day Turkey with the other nations forming up around the region.

Source

Heck, I've frankly assumed this is what we were seeing..or at least suspected it..since shortly after the guy lit himself on fire in Tunisia and started the real unrest to change the region.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Good set of maps !!

We notice the older dates are right about the time of Islam's beginnings.

It's always been an "expansion" / "contraction" way of life it seems.

I wonder how far the next "expansion" will go ?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Well... If I don't mention this, Karma will bring a thousand years of bad mojo to me and my future selves.
Slayer69 had posted the last two maps there in another thread a couple hours before me. It's truly unbelievable coincidence because I didn't see his until after I found all 4 of mine and posted this. Anyway.... I wouldn't want all that bad mojo.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09

As opposed to reign by middle age style mullahs ie:Iran.

A lots of hatred towards Iran but not Saudi Arabia
Seems like the mainstream news outlets Iran is a threat propaganda seems to be working.

Not surprising.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Ever since early Islam, when caliphate was transformed into monarchy in the Muslim world, there has never existed a government which ruled on the basis of Islamic sharia. Even the Ottoman Caliphate which carried the title of caliphate was a monarchy. There were many Muslims who supported the Ottoman Caliphate because it carried the title "caliphate". This means that their rule was not rooted in sharia. None of those governments ruled on the basis of sharia.

top topics

join