It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideal non leathel self defence weapon to make if the SHTF....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I was watching season 2 of The Colony. (link to that below) In the first epsd they get attacked. The opposing group pepper sprays them. And wow they were in a world of hurt! It got me thinking that if the SHTF that would be a pretty good weapon. It's small, light weight, concealable, and highly effective.

Problem is it might be hard to find any. But actually I found out you can make extremely potent pepper spray at home with just a few common items. Now again I'm only saying that this is something that might be worth considering after a total SHTF apocalypse where anything goes. And only for self defense. But here's the video's in case you're interested...

home made pepper spray test.....

how to make the spray....

As an alternative to Habanero chili's ground up, you could use Cayenne pepper, or ground chili peppers (kind you find in pizza joints), just use more of the pepper and less oil and alcohol. These are about 20% of the strength of Habanero chili's but easily strong enough to cause burning and irritation if sprayed in the face. I did a tongue test and both hurt my tongue bad! ouch!

Habanero chili's ground up, this is the worst it would disable the attacker for at least a hour.

Cayenne pepper wouldn't do as much, it would just cause burning and irritation , as there eyes and nose would start burning and they might be distracted just long enough to give you some escape time. Cayenne pepper example of potentcy....

The mixture could be put into any small travel spray bottle or even a small water gun. So after the zombie apocalypse if you got attacked by some roaming morodors then you could wipe out your pepper spray and be like, don't mess with me ha ha

Or in case while your out in the wood hiding out you run into this guy...

Or if you run into a bad guy you give him one of these.... and then when he's distracted you go for the coup de gra....as demonstrated in this video...

edit on 31-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I think in the scenario you are describing, you shouldn't waste your time on non lethal weaponry. Have clearly defined boundaries and warnings. Anything that crosses the boundary and presents a threat is dispatched of with the utmost prejudice. In a WROL/SHTF situation, murderers, rapist and thieves do not deserve to live.

If you are defending your home or property, you don't want to mace or pepper spray someone then have to deal with them still. Shoot them and put their head on a pike on your boundary as a warning to others.

It may seem harsh, but your talking about WROL, life or death, dog eat dog. You wont get second chances. It is either you or them.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

True, but even in a SHTF scenario there would be tons of uses for a non leathal alternative as a back up. Trust me you're not gonna kill no one. It's not like the movies. Worst case scenario you kill someone. Chances are much more likely you'll give a warning shot and they'll run off. but what if you're in a community or a bar or maybe you want to be the aggressor but not have to kill the person in order to take there BOB, then you'd use the pepper spray and it would be all you need. Cuz if you go killing people chances are you'll have tons of people and militia gunning for you in no time flat. But a bit of pepper spray won't get you into too much hot water with your community members. Again it's not like the movies. They'll be a lot of real life community just like now I'm sure and you won't be able to go shooting everyone that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Well all that would need to be done to make a pepper spray lethal would be to trade off the pussy a** cayan and swap it for dried Naga or ghost chile peppers. They're about 200,000 times hotter and mesure almost 2 million on the scoville scale they'll burn your eyes out and start working its way through the flesh underneath. VERY POTENT #!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I never considered living in a town or any communal group of people other than with the people I already know. But some people will be in such places.

It would be useful to know how to make the stuff. I can see it being given as a weapon to kids who are unable to wield a firearm, slingshot, or bow. I don't see myself or any adult having use for it unless we ran out of bullets. I can't imagine sinking to the point of taking from others, but I have not been in such a desperate situation yet. If that were the case, I wouldn't want the guy I stole from coming back for me or his stuff, so lethal force is what I would choose.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
reply to post by Wolf321

Well all that would need to be done to make a pepper spray lethal would be to trade off the pussy a** cayan and swap it for dried Naga or ghost chile peppers. They're about 200,000 times hotter and mesure almost 2 million on the scoville scale they'll burn your eyes out and start working its way through the flesh underneath. VERY POTENT #!!!

That's a good idea! Like it's deadly weapon, I can't believe how simple and yet how deadly this kind of thing would be. Well it's none leathal even though the victim would be begging to be put down!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

don't kid yourself. Something of that acidity on the eyes WOULD be lethal. If they did not die from the shock they would start bleeding out the eyes, this could cause massive blood loss to the brain resulting in death. There's a reason that police officers only use cayan with more powerful peppers available.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
What your saying doesnt make any sense ya sure it wouldnt be like in the movies but have you seen how people are right now. That with there not being any major situation you can get killed just for disrespecting someone. The issue lies in materials yes if you make a ton of it before the shtf it wouldnt be a problem but afterwards you would have to find the material and way the option of should I really use this for defense or other things peppers have alot of uses as do oils. If you really want to go for nonlethal which I definitely would not a long heavy stick and some discipline would work just as well at least with the stick your not going to accidentally kill someone with asthma and then feel terrible. I could be wrong but it seems to be your case if your looking at nonlethal options. As for firing off a warning shot dont do that because in these kinds of situations every bullet would be worth a pound of gold. Signs and a loud enough shout would work nicely and if they dont listen to that and keep coming there up to no good and get whats coming. Thanks for posting this it really got me thinking

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
ahhhhh OHHHHHHH AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAMMMMMMMMNNNNN!!!! I wanted to test another pepper. Wow just a silly pizza topping chili pepper those are freaking hot if you just chew one up. DAMN!!! AHHH i'M IN PAIN!!!! YA BABY FEEL THE BURN!!! iT'S A FREAKING WEAPON!

edit on 31-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Thats kind of a confusing post. If your talking about the other posters peppers the naga and ghosts India is actually working on turning the ghost pepper into a weapon and they use it to kill sick elephants.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by darknull

ya but some old dude or a woman isn't gonna fend off someone with a stick. It's not gonna happen. Things would be crazy at first, but then after a little while they'd settle down into a scenario probably very similar to the show Revolution. So if there was a militia they likely wouldn't allow anyone to carry guns, or knives. So if you lived in a town you need some alternative, this is something that could be carried around and disgused as something else. Ya carry a stick too or whatever, but I'm just saying as a non leathal choice this is a good one that could be easily made even if you can't find any real stuff. It's just a thought.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
reply to post by r2d246

Thats kind of a confusing post. If your talking about the other posters peppers the naga and ghosts India is actually working on turning the ghost pepper into a weapon and they use it to kill sick elephants.

Wow that's crazy. So what kind of peppers would you be packing if you had the choice?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Ill humor you in this most likely ghost pepper as I have some dried in my cabinet right now but I wouldnt make a spray. Grind one of those babies up mix with some flower and put them in a sock or some fabric that will disperse some but not all the mixture. all it would take is to hit them anywhere on there body or even a wall near them and its over might not kill them but chances are it would. As I said in that kind of situation Im not taking any chances but if theres already a militia wouldnt have to worry bout none of that because I would have already joined up. As for older people I dont know about you but I have two nice elderly people that live across the street that breed chickens, cows, and horses, and the man is a machinist so they would be taken care of. Theres only two ways into the area my house is located at and some chainsaw work would make it nearly impossible to get in.

Coffee filters and rubber bands would probably work better.
edit on 31-10-2012 by darknull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by darknull

Ya but if you have all that then you'll miss out on all the fun that will go down in the city???

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Bawhahahaha Im not looking at fun Im looking at survival I live in the country and wouldnt be caught dead in the city Went once or twice lived close to Indianapolis for a little while and just dont like it. Ill keep to my red clay and keep on kicking

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well I'm gonna go buy me some dried Ghost peppers today!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
To much work that can backfire on the one making the stuff... Just buy Bean Bag Rounds for your 12 ga. ...

Dual effect... Your attacker thinks he is about to die when he see's and hears you rack your 870... Attacker craps his pants and then gets the crap knocked out of him again when the round hits him in the gut.... Just make sure the third round in the tube is #00 Buck
That's the beauty of a shotgun

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
To much work that can backfire on the one making the stuff... Just buy Bean Bag Rounds for your 12 ga. ...

Dual effect... Your attacker thinks he is about to die when he see's and hears you rack your 870... Attacker craps his pants and then gets the crap knocked out of him again when the round hits him in the gut.... Just make sure the third round in the tube is #00 Buck
That's the beauty of a shotgun

Why not make a Ghost pepper round???

new topics

top topics

join