It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble for the Tea Party - Poll Numbers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

As the 2012 election calendar rolls toward its final week of campaigning, several Tea Party favorites find themselves in races that are too close for comfort.

A series of Public Policy Polling (PPP) surveys conducted from Oct. 25-26 and released on Sunday show four GOP freshmen -- Reps. Allen West (R-Fla.), Joe Walsh (R-Ill.), Chip Cravaack (R-Minn.) and Frank Guinta (R-N.H.) -- facing trouble in the polls. Veteran Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.) is also in a battle for his electoral life.

"This election is the first real referendum on the Tea Party and their fringe anti-choice views," said Becky Bond, president of CREDO, a super PAC aimed at taking down Tea Party candidates. "After witnessing their homophobic, anti-women and downright crazy views, their constituents are going up against their billionaire backers and are determined to do whatever it takes to kick them out of office."

So all the crazy remarks, denial of science, and racism, seems to be catching up with the tea party in the polls. I predict a down right total implosion of the tea party...

Koch money can only go so far and cover up so much....extremism never ends well in any country.
edit on 31-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Beauty out there !!

Just to keep the playing field level .........

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is a U.S. polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.[1][2][3] PPP was founded in 2001 by businessman and Democratic pollster Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and chief executive officer.[1][4] The company's surveys use Interactive Voice Response (IVR), an automated questionnaire used by other polling firms such as SurveyUSA and Rasmussen Reports.[5]

[color=cyan] PPP's polls have been described as "Democratic-leaning,"

Public Policy Polling

"Democratic-leaning" is an understatement

They are Hefty-Lefty.

EDIT:

Almost forgot.............

I predict a down right total implosion of the tea party...

edit on Oct-31-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Left leaning or not. The facts are the same. People are sick of the TEA Party and it's shenanigans in Washington. People know that it isn't the President who has been putting the kibosh on economic recovery, it's been the TEA Party Republicans who have been blocking any and all efforts to restart this economy.

Sorry guys, but until the political pendulum ends it's momentum and stops in the center, this country is just going to keep going downhill. We don't need extremism to fix the problems in this country, we need real solutions, and the TEA Party Republicans have totally failed to deliver ANY solutions AT ALL.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Left leaning or not. The facts are the same. People are sick of the TEA Party and it's shenanigans in Washington. People know that it isn't the President who has been putting the kibosh on economic recovery, it's been the TEA Party Republicans who have been blocking any and all efforts to restart this economy.

Sorry guys, but until the political pendulum ends it's momentum and stops in the center, this country is just going to keep going downhill. We don't need extremism to fix the problems in this country, we need real solutions, and the TEA Party Republicans have totally failed to deliver ANY solutions AT ALL.

Naw.....

You must be exaggerating a little...

It's the Democrat Senate that has stopped the recovery.

“Now, after the House has passed the Ryan Budget in convincing fashion, it
is outrageous that Reid will not even allow the Senate to vote on it. We
are tired of these political games coming out of the Democrat-controlled
Senate, and we demand that Senator Harry Reid stop impeding the legislative
process.

“If it weren’t for Obama and his famous budgets that are regularly
unanimously defeated, and Reid who tosses out every conservative proposal,
D.C. may actually be able to accomplish something. That’s why the Tea Party
Express believes that if you want to make a difference, you must change the
players. In 2012 our main goal is to defeat this do nothing Senate and put
that gavel in the hand of conservatives willing address the serious fiscal
woes of our country,” Kremer concluded.

Democrat-Controlled Senate Continues to Fail the American People

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I see, so your idea of "denying ignorance" and "keeping the playing field level" is to parade out a link from the TEA Party express as a source?

Exactly how does that work? They use what you consider a left leaning site, so you use a right leaning site to justify your argument that his is biased?

In short, Mr. Ryan’s plan is devoid of credible math or hard policy choices. And it couldn’t pass even if Republicans were to take the presidency and both houses of Congress. Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan have no plan to take on Wall Street, the Fed, the military-industrial complex, social insurance or the nation’s fiscal calamity and no plan to revive capitalist prosperity — just empty sermons.

Paul Ryan’s Fairy-Tale Budget Plan

Without drastic cuts to military spending, there is no hope to have an equitably sound budget now or ever. Ryan's plan does nothing but aid the wealthiest 2%, make it harder on the poorest, and doesn't put a dent in the overblown military budget.

Again, the solution to the problems in Washington isn't Right Wing extremism. It's centered, balanced ideas.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Extremist and fringe and racist views?

Lets see here-

Both the democratic and republican party LOVE war. - The libertarian party does not
-extreme

The Republican party and the democratic party SPEND OUR MONEY at THEIR discretion.
-extreme

The Libertarian Party wants to put an end to the corruption in BOTH parties.
-The Republican and democratic parties have been playing the game of corruption longer than
anyone else in the game..

Libertarians/Independants are probably the most sane and unbiased individuals in politics.

Fox News-CNN-MSNBC + all the Major Newspapers = Biased for one party or the other.
And they ALL equally hate Independants.
eg.= the way they treated Ron Paul.

I dont see Libertarians trying to shove NDAA down our throats. Cant say the same about the two main parties.

BOTH parties LOVE to make people afraid of those boogeymen TERRORISTS!!
Libertarians think we should just leave them alone and let them handle their own affairs(we arent coach).

Republicans and democrats ALWAYS get what they want- The little guy NEVER does.

Libertarians want to be left alone- Republicans and democrats want everyone else to obey (esp democrats)

-If you ask me- Libertarians at this point in time are the only ones who seem to get it. Extreme? Fringe?

If libertarians are extreme and fringe- then that means both the republican and democratic parties are evil monsters trying to destroy everything this country was founded on.

When I was younger I had a reason to choose a side, and that was naitivity. (ignorant).
Now that I have grown up into a man and have seen the things I have- There is no way I could ever put an R or a D by my name. That would be the insult of insults to say I belong to the mainstream mentality(or 'herd').

Both of those parties in todays time are wreckless and they are destroying everything because they have gotten too comfortable in their seats of power. They can care less about you- or I- until its time to vote their sorry asses in (which most of you will do because of your wool).

But by all means- listen to a guy who is outright saying he is trying to destroy the only decent party left in this country.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

left wing libertarians are awesome

right wing libertarianism are just vile..... like you think a free market would actually work under a capitalist economy.....just look at history.

The tea party are nothing more than corporate minions who are trying to induce another business plot via some pseudo-grass roots movement. They aren't really libertarians, that's just the story they tell you to get in to the door. As soon as they get into office they vote for things like the NDAA, CISPA, and give corporate welfare.

They believe for the same exact thing white supremacist fascists do.

Segregation should be legal because of property rights
Discrimination should be legal because of "liberty"
Wants to repeal the civil rights act
Hate Muslims
Hates on Mexicans for stealing jobs but looks the other way when corporations outsource and get tax cuts for doing so.
Attacks welfare recipients but gives out corporate welfare
Both are largely birthers
David Duke (former KKK) endorsed the Tea Party

88% of the GOP and 71% of freedom loving Tea Partiers voted in support of CISPA

freakoutnation.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

xuenchen

The tea party is goin down. Plus I have no clue why you would even like them. They are nothing more than fascists like all the other politicians in the USA.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Speaking AS a Tea Party member, I resent the term fascist when all we want is personal responsibility, smaller government, and a return to individuality.

Anything else is bull-poopoo when used to describe the Tea Party.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
QUESTION ... Is there still an active Tea Party group out there?
Years ago they were big and strong and lots of rallies. Now I hardly hear about them and this is an election year so I'm wondering if they are fading away like the Occupy Wall Streeters ....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
QUESTION ... Is there still an active Tea Party group out there?
Years ago they were big and strong and lots of rallies. Now I hardly hear about them and this is an election year so I'm wondering if they are fading away like the Occupy Wall Streeters ....

Our group is still active. We're playing Diogenes though. Looking for ANY honest politician!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The tea party helped the GOP take back control of the U.S. House of Representatives and came close in the Senate. It helped elect hundreds of men and women across the country. I think the results scarred the goose feathers out of the progressives.

So, what is their answer to the tea party's message of smaller government and less borrowing and spending? Why, call them racists, of course — or doctor videos as MSNBC did an attempt to portray them as violent gun-toting jackals bent on murdering anyone who disagrees.

Letter: Attacks on tea party only show how successful it is, how scared liberals are

Sums it up........

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

The tea party helped the GOP take back control of the U.S. House of Representatives and came close in the Senate. It helped elect hundreds of men and women across the country. I think the results scarred the goose feathers out of the progressives.

So, what is their answer to the tea party's message of smaller government and less borrowing and spending? Why, call them racists, of course — or doctor videos as MSNBC did an attempt to portray them as violent gun-toting jackals bent on murdering anyone who disagrees.

Letter: Attacks on tea party only show how successful it is, how scared liberals are

Sums it up........

I get a kick out of being called a racist. Why, some of my best friends are white!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your just a gun-toting jackal, in Bunny clothing............

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Speaking AS a Tea Party member, I resent the term fascist when all we want is personal responsibility, smaller government, and a return to individuality.

I'm sorry but one little peon doesn't describe the whole group, the leaders do...and well, voting records don't lie.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

I'm sorry but one little peon doesn't describe the whole group, the leaders do...and well, voting records don't lie.

S'okay. Having you call me a peon is all the evidence required to illustrate your bias.

*riposte'*

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

This is ALL extremely vague. When you mean personal responsibility and smaller government, do you believe that the victims of Sandy should have to fend for themselves? Do you believe in any social programs designed to help people? Do you think the USA should go back to a wild west society where clans and regional gangsters control things?

Every time I see conservatives trotting out these vague and nonsensical brain farts they can never seem to answer the important questions. It's great to have an idea of a utopia where everyone can fend for themselves, but we DO NOT LIVE in a utopia where that is possible, or even plausible.

All I see from conservatives who support this theory is statements about how they would *like things to be*. They never seem to have solutions to societies problems, and they ignore the larger problems their haphazard ideas of anarchy would create.

Incidentally, those same conservatives who bang on incessantly about "smaller government" and "personal responsibility" never seem to have a problem with larger CONSERVATIVE government, controlling women's right to choose (personal responsibility and freedom), restricting rights for gay people, bailing out bankers... those things seem to slip right by them

Republicans and conservatives are generally the most hypocritical and nonsensical people I have ever encountered.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I should have said, one member who has no power, peon was just less typing... Not to mention you're in GERMANY..... so it's not like you can attend very many rallys or have any idea what your party comrades are doing.

I'm not gonna bother to go back and forth with you.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Republicans and conservatives are generally the most hypocritical and nonsensical people I have ever encountered.

The "real" definition of nonsensical.

"Compared to George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan, Obama has been more fiscally conservative than any other president in recent history, with the exception of President Bill Clinton." ~ Barbra Streisand

edit on 31-10-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
This is ALL extremely vague. When you mean personal responsibility and smaller government, do you believe that the victims of Sandy should have to fend for themselves? Do you believe in any social programs designed to help people? Do you think the USA should go back to a wild west society where clans and regional gangsters control things?

Ideally, people who believe in personal responsibility would not need government help. They'd have prepared for events such as this.

Every time I see conservatives trotting out these vague and nonsensical brain farts they can never seem to answer the important questions. It's great to have an idea of a utopia where everyone can fend for themselves, but we DO NOT LIVE in a utopia where that is possible, or even plausible.

You're right. Too many are entitlement minded and rely on government for too much.

All I see from conservatives who support this theory is statements about how they would *like things to be*. They never seem to have solutions to societies problems, and they ignore the larger problems their haphazard ideas of anarchy would create.

You can't legislate how people think. It takes time to motivate any group to change.

Incidentally, those same conservatives who bang on incessantly about "smaller government" and "personal responsibility" never seem to have a problem with larger CONSERVATIVE government, controlling women's right to choose (personal responsibility and freedom), restricting rights for gay people, bailing out bankers... those things seem to slip right by them

No large government peiod. Don't care who sits in the big chair. I personally believe in the rights of the unborn. Gays can do whatever they want, I don't care. Bailing out bankers is wrng, pleae tell Obama that.

I say the same about leftists.

Quid pro quo.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join