It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80,000 Pounds of Walnuts Stolen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Guys, this could actually be serious...

I swear I just heard that walnuts can cure cancer or some crap.. and with all the other thefts... Someone is trying to stock up their doomsday bunker.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I read this happened in broad daylight in front of bystanders. An entire truckload. That's bold. Boy, whoever did this sure has a lot of nuts....................thank you, I will be all week. Please remember to tip.

...third page and that one was still waiting to be plucked.

No seriously. What do you call a truck driver missing his nuts? ....somebody stop me....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well, I read a post about someone claiming this might be an inside job.
To me I also feel this could be an inside job, for what purpose would a company do this?
What about an insurance claim on the theft? If one were to make such an insurance claim it would have to be a large quanity like so. Also, if an inside job, the company still has the walnuts. This would mean they could make the amount for the original walnuts, plus profit from an insurance claim.

I don't know if walnuts are covered though?.. Maybe

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I bet you its the same people who stole all of this maple syrup!
Millions of dollars in maple syrup stolen: August 31st, 2012
I mean how do you make money with millions of dollars of maple syrup that was stolen? You mix it with walnuts and some other ingredients and sell a final product that does not resemble either walnuts or syrup. Have large amounts of other ingredients been stolen? Keep a look out.
edit on 31-10-2012 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

Originally posted by shadwgirl
reply to post by queenofswords

What is the Russian connection to the walnut caper?

I used "connection" loosely, but, still....www.redding.com...

Question...if the Russian-accented guy was not the man that was supposed to pick up the truck full of "walnuts", why did they release the truck to him? I have to wonder if it was really walnuts in those trucks.

nice
find ~!
and my thoughts exactly ..!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJoyZ
I bet you its the same people who stole all of this maple syrup!
Millions of dollars in maple syrup stolen: August 31st, 2012
I mean how do you make money with millions of dollars of maple syrup that was stolen? You mix it with walnuts and some other ingredients and sell a final product that does not resemble either walnuts or syrup. Have large amounts of other ingredients been stolen? Keep a look out.
edit on 31-10-2012 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

nice find .. and I remember this story too!

from the source ...it's interesting ..to note..

Up to 10 million pounds

that's 5000 tons worth ..

The 10 million pounds of syrup that was in the warehouse is worth more than $30 million, according to the federation statement.

hmmmm

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

How about stolen sugar?
edition.channel5belize.com...

these are all luxury items that are going missing. the reptilian,conspiracy part of my brain is really starting to wonder what is going on. Maybe someone is stocking up on luxury goods for a reason. Please keep an eye out for other stolen perishables.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
interesting, have they found a way to turn walnuts into gold? ^^

thats one crazy addiction to want that many walnuts, lol.. probably just some dumbazz ghetto teens and didnt know how to read side of truck that said, WALNUTS. well i hope they like them, unless there is some small independant family that makes something with walnuts, im pretty sure it will be hard to off load, i can just see them going into radio shack and asking if they need 40k in walnuts hehehe

also when a company says something is worth 300k, does that really mean its worth like 50k? heh

bleh missed the russian speaking guy part, exclude ghetto teens then, wth is going on, bombs?
edit on 31-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: bunnies again

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

The theifs that stole a couple thousand pounds worth of maple syrup are back in action!!!

Looks like someone beat me to putting that up lol
edit on 1-11-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I think you nailed it with "hard to trace commodities".....working as a cop you know what the number one item taken from homes and cars are? Loose change....people will burglarize a house for 10 dollars in quarters....its tough to tell where the change came from...although one burglar stole loose change that ended up being a rare coin set...he's in prison.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Who on Earth would steal 80,000 lbs of Walnuts?! Maybe it was those damn Anunnakians!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

these guys
edit on 1-11-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is a very nutty thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They are doing it again! Another walnut heist on a massive scale!

A sophisticated theft that included cyber crime and the snatching of millions of dollars worth of walnuts, some of which may be headed overseas has the FBI now involved.

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Central Valley walnut farmers and law enforcement are teaming up to combat sophisticated criminals who are posing as truck drivers to steal large quantities of nuts.

Fake drivers have been appearing at processing plants across the Central Valley with what appears to be genuine paperwork, according to police. They receive fuel, loads of processed walnuts, and disappear. The farmers and processors learn they have been duped only when the real drivers show up.

Nearly 150 farmers, processors and law enforcement are banding together to combat the nut thefts. They’re exchanging methods and ideas to stop the thieves who are stealing whole truckloads at a time. This year 31 truckloads have been stolen.

“And the value of those 31 thefts reported to them was $4.6 million,” said Cornell.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I noticed that this thread was started in 2012 - the year we were all (well, some of us) expecting the world to end.

oo-er. Is this a sign that the world is expected to end in 2016? Are mass walnut thefts portents on a par with comets and ancient calendars?

Or, did the thieves just run out of the nuts they stole four years ago and now they're peckish again? Is it them who are hungry? Are they perhaps minions for some unspeakable overlord who rises from the depths every four years demanding their nuts as a tribute?

A mystery truly worthy of ATS.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
I noticed that this thread was started in 2012 - the year we were all (well, some of us) expecting the world to end.

oo-er. Is this a sign that the world is expected to end in 2016? Are mass walnut thefts portents on a par with comets and ancient calendars?

Or, did the thieves just run out of the nuts they stole four years ago and now they're peckish again? Is it them who are hungry? Are they perhaps minions for some unspeakable overlord who rises from the depths every four years demanding their nuts as a tribute?

A mystery truly worthy of ATS.

Or a shield or shell for something else? What might be hidden in a truck load of tons of walnuts heading overseas. Maybe we could ask an ex CIA director and ex Secy. of Defense what the possibilities are. It just so happens we have one who owns a walnut "operation" in that region! Maybe he's heard something on the grapevine.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: shadwgirl

walnuts someone likes them

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shadwgirl

walnuts

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join